• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Russian soldier gives Ukrainian drone middle finger seconds before deadly strike.​

renderTimingPixel.png

youtube.com/watch?...

He should have directed the finger to Putler who send him to die for nothing.

Fuck Putler!!!!

That kid has about as much to do with this war as you. He just did his job. Remember that when you applaud death of anyone.

Don't be on their level.

If I was in his position, I would have deserted as soon as I can. I won't be an idiot who follows orders blindly for the "Glory" of a POS. After all the things the Ruzzians military is doing in Ukraine to women and children, they can fuck themselves. I will applaud Putin's death, hell if I could I would piss in his dead body/grave.

If I was in his position, I would have deserted as soon as I can. I won't be an idiot who follows orders blindly for the "Glory" of a POS. After all the things the Ruzzians military is doing in Ukraine to women and children, they can fuck themselves. I will applaud Putin's death, hell if I could I would piss in his dead body/grave.
No you wouldn't of. Stop fronting little boy. You know nothing of war.

And you assume he raped somebody? That guy doesn't look capable of a hurting a goddamn cat. Lol.

Hate Putin, I do. Hate the Russian's lack of backbone, I do. But let's not indemnify every goddamn person in the country to look cool on a message board. Bad look breh.

Last edited:

And you assume he raped somebody? That guy doesn't look capable of a hurting a goddamn cat. Lol.

Hate Putin, I do. Hate the Russian's lack of backbone, I do. But let's not indemnify every goddamn person in the country to look cool on a message board. Bad look breh.
Yes, I would quit. Yes, I know nothing about war, but if I keep being myself as I am now, I would run away from a war instigated by my own country for nothing.

I do not think he raped anyone, but he could have run from the country/quit/surrender/shoot himself in the leg (like many other did to avoid dying like that), or anything to avoid this stupid war, he directly or indirectly may have killed innocent people and paid the price for that.

My hate is only for the Ruzzian military, that is why I mentioned them, but would add any Russian civilian who support this war. I am the least person who would care about looking cool on a message board or real life, but at least I know who to blame and leave others who quit or did the right thing for this stupid war.

Fair enough. He's a kid who probably knew nothing of Putin's intent until he was on their land.

Running isn't easy alone in a country surrounded by defenders and an Army that will kill you for deserting. It isn't easy. That's all I am saying.

Edit: Nah.

Last edited:

Ironbunny

USA sending M142 Himars rocket system to Ukraine. No specific number of how many was given. Rockets given will fly max 80km (49 miles)

1BrPNIF.jpg

HIMARS_-_missile_launched.jpg

Last edited:

Ironbunny

Looks dont tell anything. If you read the eyewitness reports from Ukraine its a 18 year old kid thats doing the raping, killing and torture in many cases. Going into a war does not detach you from personal responsibility. Watching interviews of ordinary people from ruZZia they often argue the same as you. "Its war. These things happen in war". Even wars have laws and ruZZia has time and time again decided not to combly with them and their military/mercenary act those crimes out. This is terrorism and crimes againtst humanity in an industrial scale towards Ukranian's. ruZZia or their people have no leg to stand in this.

Russian do have backbone and a strong one but its keeping up the wrong back. If this war does not hit in a personal level then nothing will change. And the russians who think this will be over once the "special operation" ends are fooling themself.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
You missed the part where russians would shoot anyone trying to run away.

You really think they didnt want to? They been forced to fight.

In any case, the ones to blame are those following the orders of friendly fire.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
That kid has about as much to do with this war as you. He just did his job. Remember that when you applaud death of anyone.

Don't be on their level.

We’ll applaud the death of every single invading Russian, because the more of them die, the less Ukrainians will. What do you think is happening here? This is a conflict where one side illegally invaded a country, and has committed multiple war atrocities. You should also be applauding each Russian soldier death, because it lessens the chance of more of those atrocities and deaths of innocent civilians.

Instead of complaining about what your fellow posters are saying in this thread, how about aiming your ire at those actually responsible for those very understandable and correct opinions?

Last edited:

Tams

You missed the part where russians would shoot anyone trying to run away.

You really think they didnt want to? They been forced to fight.

In any case, the ones to blame are those following the orders of friendly fire.
1. That attitude just emboldens them ("Oh yes, poor us!")
2. As I said, in the first days I could see merit in your argument. Now, they've have many opportunities to escape.

If it takes shooting their officer in the head and then running, then that's what it takes. It's a better choice.

So no, no sympathy.

Whitecrow

Banned
1. That attitude just emboldens them ("Oh yes, poor us!")
2. As I said, in the first days I could see merit in your argument. Now, they've have many opportunities to escape.

If it takes shooting their officer in the head and then running, then that's what it takes. It's a better choice.

So no, no sympathy.
While I agree, its easier said than done when you dont have a gun on your head.

For us the choice is easy, but heroes are more a thing of books than reality.

When facing a secure death, its a lot easier to grab onto anything that gives you more time, even it is just a couple of days.

Yeah, they could shoot their officers, but that would mostly get them killed before any ucranian attack... I guess : (

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Don't be on their level.
Except being soldier fighting in foreign land, yeah. Brilliant logic

Last edited:

winjer

The excuse of "just doing what I was ordered to do", was one of the most used excuse , that Nazis used during the Nuremberg trials.
Funny how 80 years later, so many people still use this to justify war crimes.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
While I agree, its easier said than done when you dont have a gun on your head.

For us the choice is easy, but heroes are more a thing of books than reality.

When facing a secure death, its a lot easier to grab onto anything that gives you more time, even it is just a couple of days.

Yeah, they could shoot their officers, but that would mostly get them killed before any ucranian attack... I guess : (

History is replete with soldiers deserting from armies with morally bankrupt motives. Some 100,000 from the German army during WW2 alone (though historical records are hard to glean accurate numbers. Some suggest the number could have been far higher).

I think an argument can be made to suggest that Russian soldiers who have yet to see action in Ukraine can be regarded with some small degree of empathy... but any that have actively been in the combat zone, and have witnessed what the Russian army is up to in Ukraine, if they do not lay down their arms and desert, then fuck 'em.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

Don't be on their level.

Don't be on their level? what you mean raping kids, levelling cities, murdering civilians, stealing toilets? that sort of level? fuck each and every one of those cunts that takes up arms against Ukraine, i get a genuine sense of satisfaction knowing when those APCs get hit it turns them into human pizza ovens, when an artillery strike goes off near those fuckers dozens get sent home to their shitty backward villages with no legs and no hope, i applaud each and every single death, go collect your fucking roubles..

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Finally! USA is supplying the MRLS but capped at 40 miles.

This a decisive weapon.
I imagine a lot of what we see and hear is for propaganda / Russian ears when it comes to what's supplied Vs what's not, I imagine the yanks and EU have no qualms supplying the good stuff under the counter whilst publically saying oh noes you can't have these on TV, hard to prove if a missile was fired from 40miles or 80miles

TwinB242

I don't know much about these systems they appear to only have a range of 25 miles. Ukraine is running low on S-300s so these will probably be better than nothing.

Raven117

Gold Member
The excuse of "just doing what I was ordered to do", was one of the most used excuse , that Nazis used during the Nuremberg trials.
Funny how 80 years later, so many people still use this to justify war crimes.
It makes absolute sense why they would.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Probably without ATACMS or tactical missiles.

Basically a MLRS that shoot cluster ammo or unitary rockets. And can outrange the Russian ones.

A great Thread explaining the entire thing

TLDR… the Russians are fucking doomed once this shit gets going.

Last edited:

Gp1

I don't know much about these systems they appear to only have a range of 25 miles. Ukraine is running low on S-300s so these will probably be better than nothing.

Iris-t is the "equivalent" of a Aim 9x.
Way better than the current short range Sams that Ukraine operate.

But short range nonetheless. The S300 despite the age, is a completely different animal.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Ohhhh boooy. Shit take coming in hot from the NYT hidden under the label 'opinion':

Even if we don’t accept Mr. Putin’s claim that America’s arming of Ukraine is the reason the war happened in the first place, it is certainly the reason the war has taken the kinetic, explosive, deadly form it has. Our role in this is not passive or incidental. We have given Ukrainians cause to believe they can prevail in a war of escalation.

Thousands of Ukrainians have died who likely would not have if the United States had stood aside. That naturally may create among American policymakers a sense of moral and political obligation — to stay the course, to escalate the conflict, to match any excess.

Jesus thats a fucking bullshit article if ever i read one, Putin went to war with Ukraine over oil/gas and it pivoting towards the west, its got fuck all to do with the US arming it and that last paragraph would have me reaching for the cunt and slapping him... Thousands wouldve been spared if the US had let Russia steam roll all over Ukraine?? thats some fucking serious detachment from the reality on the ground and how Russia views the Ukrainian people, if it wasn't for the West arming Ukraine and giving them the means to fight back god only knows what those cunts would've done to the populace.. ack i hate reading these Putin appeasement articles, the guys a cunt with wee man syndrome and anytime i've come across a cunt with wee man syndrome you smack him and he fucks up

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Jesus thats a fucking bullshit article if ever i read one, Putin went to war with Ukraine over oil/gas and it pivoting towards the west, its got fuck all to do with the US arming it and that last paragraph would have me reaching for the cunt and slapping him... Thousands wouldve been spared if the US had let Russia steam roll all over Ukraine?? thats some fucking serious detachment from the reality on the ground and how Russia views the Ukrainian people, if it wasn't for the West arming Ukraine and giving them the means to fight back god only knows what those cunts would've done to the populace.. ack i hate reading these Putin appeasement articles, the guys a cunt with wee man syndrome and anytime i've come across a cunt with wee man syndrome you smack him and he fucks up

The truly annoying thing is that we have evidence of what the cunts have done to the Ukrainians anywhere they were left to their own devices. Child rape. Adult rape. Mutilations. Torture. Summary execution. Wholesale slaughter of non combatants. Mass graves. Destruction of evidence. Theft. Arson. The list goes on and on. And this isn't being done by individuals. This is BTG level stuff. Ordered and carried out. It's the way the Russians prosecute warfare. It's the way they always have.

And yet, here we still are, with people asking us to feel sympathy for Russian soldiers, and still inexplicably pointing a finger of blame at the west in general, and America is specific.

Fuck off, you obvious pathetic trolls. We all see you.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
This is simply Russia's massive troll & propaganda farms along with deep pockets in action, i expect it from the chinks and other questionable regimes but from the democratic countries with free press it absolutely annoys me. Its like the anmount of dicks on this site that are "neutral" or question "Nato expansion", do these fuckwits not see what the Russians have done to these cities and the atrocities they're committing!??

Hayabusa83

Banned
We’ll applaud the death of every single invading Russian, because the more of them die, the less Ukrainians will. What do you think is happening here? This is a conflict where one side illegally invaded a country, and has committed multiple war atrocities. You should also be applauding each Russian soldier death, because it lessens the chance of more of those atrocities and deaths of innocent civilians.

We'll applaud the death of every single invading American, because the more of them die, the less Iraqis will. What do you think is happening here? There is a conflict where one side illegally invaded a country, and had committed multiple atrocities. You should be applauding each American soldier death, because it lessens the chance of more of those atrocities and deaths of innocent civilians.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Stooge Scholz? I’ll believe when the shipment reaches Ukraine.

Also support delivery of the American MRLS? He means slow the delivery. Wouldn’t allow this putinlover within a mile of the packages. Just get them to Poland, they’re trustworthy.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
We'll applaud the death of every single invading American, because the more of them die, the less Iraqis will. What do you think is happening here? There is a conflict where one side illegally invaded a country, and had committed multiple atrocities. You should be applauding each American soldier death, because it lessens the chance of more of those atrocities and deaths of innocent civilians.
simon cowell facepalm GIF

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
So many high IQ takes that it makes me vomit:

Even the opening, both sides are bad, you can't tell me that the guy is well meaning.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

To draw a direct comparison with what happened in Iraq and the current situation in Ukraine marks you out as one of two things:

1) Someone with zero grasp on the geo-political landscape of either conflict. A person with little to no knowledge, who likes to comment anyway, making them something of an idiot.

2) A pro-Russian troll.

Which is it, slappy?

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
To draw a direct comparison with what happened in Iraq and the current situation in Ukraine marks you out as one of two things:

1) Someone with zero grasp on the geo-political landscape of either conflict. A person with little to no knowledge, who likes to comment anyway, making them something of an idiot.

2) A pro-Russian troll.

Which is it, slappy?
i would've just went with a cunt

Top Bottom