• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SAINTS ROW Reboot Trailer with more gameplay

Kerotan

Never played a saints row game but I thought it looked decent. Probably because I haven't had a new gta campaign since 2013 but honestly looked fun to play. The woke stuff is sad but whatever.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Come on. Game looks like shit but we really going to screenshot and bully some random worker in the background of the video?

Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF by Star Wars

Desert settings are absolute garbage.

"Oh there's a whole bunch of desert and sand out here look how big this open world is with all these fucking cactuses."

These characters are god awful too, this game is going to fucking bomb.

Last edited:

Umbral

I will actively not buy this game. I will smack it out of people’s hands if I see them with it in a store.

√ Woman with colorful hair with the sides of her head shaved
√ Magic School Bus ”diversity” minus Ralphie
√ Super-saturated colors
√ AAA Standard LED expression helmet
√ Irreverent cast that isn’t the slightest bit intimidating
√ The women are the boss and the mechanic, the males are the chef and the nerd.
√ Fortnite art style
√ No room for a white male on the team

RIP Dildo Bat

FingerBang

I will actively not buy this game. I will smack it out of people’s hands if I see them with it in a store.

Woman with colorful hair with the sides of her head shaved
√ Super-saturated colors
√ Fortnite art style

RIP Dildo Bat
Don't really care about the no white males on the team, but the fact that a hairstyle that people use to claim to be non-binary and get intersectional brownie points is used to represent a badass woman is fucking ridiculous.

VN1X

Banned

√ Super-saturated colors
√ Fortnite art style

RIP Dildo Bat

Don't really care about the no white males on the team, but the fact that a hairstyle that people use to claim to be non-binary and get intersectional brownie points is used to represent a badass woman is fucking ridiculous.
The fuck are these terms lol "white males", "non binary intersectional brownie points".

Is this still a videogame discussion board or have I ended up in some sort of social sciences rabbit hole? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

CAB_Life

Imagine talking so much trash and smack to your fanbase only to release an upscaled PS2 game. They're either incredibly stupid or ballsy--I'm leaning toward the former.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

√ Super-saturated colors
√ Fortnite art style

RIP Dildo Bat

So you never liked Saints Row to begin with because you basically described Saints Row 1 through 4 to a T?

• Colorful hair and sides shaved - Full creat a character so yeah thats gonna be a thing
  • Magic School Bus Diversity - Do you remember the cast of Saints Row?
  • Saturated Colors - Yup thats Saints Row alright
  • Irreverent[sic] cast not being intimidating - Yeah a guy with an autotune voice was super intimidating.
  • Women are the boss - Shaundi says hi! (more males on the squad than women but okay)
  • Fortnite Art Style - Clearly didnt see the remaster
  • No room for a white male on the team - He was a damn cop we left him in hell. P.S make your boss white then?
    P.S Pretty sure Kevin is white?

No confirmation on the Dildo Bat

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

√ Super-saturated colors
√ Fortnite art style

RIP Dildo Bat
Well you can create white character, just to be fair to this abomination.

FingerBang

The fuck are these terms lol "white males", "non binary intersectional brownie points".

Is this still a videogame discussion board or have I ended up in some sort of social sciences rabbit hole? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I wish I could go back in time to when I wouldn't see the political messages behind specific hair colors and ethnicities. I really do :\

While I do enjoyed the wackiness SR3 introduced, I still have a fond experience with part 2. Never played part 1 and all they had to do is remake that in the vein of Mafia and 2. Especially 2 !

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Can I be a ruthless mob boss that don't care about no student loans and have a criminal organization devoid of nerds?

Panteros looks like a gang from an actual Saints Row game instead of this group of kids from this new game they should call Hipsters Alley.

Kuranghi

Time to play SR3 remastered I think, I already tried to play it and had to refund because my controller wasn't recognised properly no matter what I did, wrong axis applied to each stick, it was bizarre. I just got it free on EGS so going to see if the problem persists. I thought it was related to emulating my DS4 as an Xbox controller (I don't have issues in any other game with that but thats by the by) so I even went and borrowed flatmate official wired Xbox 360 controller and even that didnt work.

Didnt see anyone else with the issue though so must've been on my end, shame as I really wanted to check out the new graphics in the remaster, ended up replaying SR4 instead but I only got like 10 hours in and then stopped due to having done that all before.

oagboghi2

And? What are going to do about? Sue? Call the gaming police or? lol

Its like saying shit like

"ZOMGBBQ WHITE MALE ON COVER...Nothing is by accident here"

"Asian person on cover, Nothing is by accident here"

"Cop on cover, Nothing is by accident here"

The games being shown are literally about multiple people playing them or about simulations about humans, but shit you telling me such a thing means DON'T have certain demographics on the cover or? huh? What fuck would that do with you? How would even help or hurt you in any way? lol

As an artist myself.....stop fucking getting triggered by artist making content. To say some fucking shit like "Nothing is by accident here" is moot, art like is on purpose, that shit isn't some happenchance, sudden thing lol You going to tell artist what they can and can't make? =)
Someone is easily triggered

oagboghi2

The series didn't have massive sales in the first place and such a reboot will likely just bring in new consumers that will over take anyone of the older install base of fans anyway. To say this might back fire is like fucking acting like the people who play Fortnite really give a shit about any of this.
I’m seeing this lie being spread more and more because of the reboot. The Saints Row franchise had really solid sales for a B tier open world Series.

Black_Stride

SsVAgFt.png

I'm more confused why when she shaves her hair, it looks like what I'd expect African American hair to resemble. That sort of texture and look. Yet the rest of her head looks like she's decided to wear a pube wig

You dont have to make your character look like this.
Im guessing you are male so im pretty sure you would make a male playa anyway.
Why worry about hairstyles you wont be using?

cormack12

Gold Member
You dont have to make your character look like this.
Im guessing you are male so im pretty sure you would make a male playa anyway.
Why worry about hairstyles you wont be using?

I generally make female players. RDR:O, DA:I, Diablo III, WoW, Cyberpunk, Skyrim etc. But sometimes make males like in GTA V, and he ain't no playa. Though his name is playa7473 and he like to play.

Why are you getting so defensive over a simple remark on hairstyle/texture? Do you not agree that shaven hair on black people has a definite texture like this

Playful-Afro.jpg

that doesn't suddenly change into a ninja merkin.

And FYI I didn't use the teeth styles in RDR:O either but they are fucking horrific.

Last edited:

iorek21

I don't get it why devs put this kind of woke stuff into games obviously aimed at a mostly male audience. It's okay if it's on more casual games such as Life is Strange, The Sims or Fortnite, but it has very little space in games in which you mostly wreck stuff and kill dudes.

I mean, look at Assassin's Creed's attempts at wokeism, it just feels so out of place. And then they release those infographs showing that 90% of players chose Alexios or Male Eivor and everybody gets Shocked Pikachu face.

NickFire

On a positive note, this game will probably blow Cyberpunk's time out of the water (in the races to get put on sale for $10). So it has that going for it.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

I generally make female players. RDR:O, DA:I, Diablo III, WoW, Cyberpunk, Skyrim etc. But sometimes make males like in GTA V, and he ain't no playa. Though his name is playa7473 and he like to play.

Why are you getting so defensive over a simple remark on hairstyle/texture? Do you not agree that shaven hair on black people has a definite texture like this

Playful-Afro.jpg

And FYI I didn't use the teeth styles in RDR:O either but they are fucking horrific.

Totally right because all black hair has the same texture.

Im simply stating if you dont like the hair style dont use it.

OK. The lady at the 4:00 minute mark has convinced me to stop following this game in any capacity. With Arkane making Deathloop, Rocksteady making nothing, CDPR releasing a half baked Cyberpunk, I'm convinced that From Soft is the last game developer alive.

Umbral

This way of thinking has seeped into every aspect of every thing. The goal is to allow no respite so that the easiest option is to go along with it.
So you never liked Saints Row to begin with because you basically described Saints Row 1 through 4 to a T?

• Colorful hair and sides shaved - Full creat a character so yeah thats gonna be a thing
  • Magic School Bus Diversity - Do you remember the cast of Saints Row?
  • Saturated Colors - Yup thats Saints Row alright
  • Irreverent[sic] cast not being intimidating - Yeah a guy with an autotune voice was super intimidating.
  • Women are the boss - Shaundi says hi! (more males on the squad than women but okay)
  • Fortnite Art Style - Clearly didnt see the remaster
  • No room for a white male on the team - He was a damn cop we left him in hell. P.S make your boss white then?
    P.S Pretty sure Kevin is white?

No confirmation on the Dildo Bat
I liked Saint’s Row 1 & 2 just fine, thank you. Magic School Bus Diversity is not the same as the cast of the original Saint’s Row games. I’m confident they didn’t break out an ethnicity checklist when designing the characters for the first games. “Boss girl” is not Shaundi. Kevin is asian. We do have confirmation of no dildo bat from the Design Director. It would be insensitive to include and we wouldn’t want to offend anyone in a Saint’s Row game. They can’t call their locations Freckle Bitch’s or Rim Jobs anymore, the dildo bat was never gonna be in.

Not the toughest straw man I‘ve seen, but you knocked him out.
I don’t actually care whether there’s a white character, just making observations. I’m sick of non-white people being treated like pokemon in media. They went right down a checklist when they designed this squad.

Black_Stride

This way of thinking has seeped into every aspect of every thing. The goal is to allow no respite so that the easiest option is to go along with it.

I liked Saint’s Row 1 & 2 just fine, thank you. Magic School Bus Diversity is not the same as the cast of the original Saint’s Row games. I’m confident they didn’t break out an ethnicity checklist when designing the characters for the first games. “Boss girl” is not Shaundi. Kevin is asian. We do have confirmation of no dildo bat from the Design Director. It would be insensitive to include and we wouldn’t want to offend anyone in a Saint’s Row game. They can’t call their locations Freckle Bitch’s or Rim Jobs anymore, the dildo bat was never gonna be in.

Not the toughest straw man I‘ve seen, but you knocked him out.

I don’t actually care whether there’s a white character, just making observations. I’m sick of non-white people being treated like pokemon in media. They went right down a checklist when they designed this squad.

Why is the diversity in SR 1 through 4 any different from the diversity in the reboot?

Shaundi was a lieutenant in SR along with Gat she was the highest ranking none Playa Saint.

In this game we only have one female on the cast......and shes the driver?
How is that any more women is the boss than having Shaundi be basically second in command to the playa?

The Irony of you mentioning a straw man....hahaha

EDMIX

Playful-Afro.jpg

The deep lolz.

Sooooooo "hair on black people" is not 100% the same...

The correct response is "hair on black people CAN have a definite texture like this". As in, some do, some don't. This simply isn't a situation where its 1 thing or the other. Its a some times yes, sometimes no, sometimes both lol

Poor large breasted women getting erased from games history smh.

Can I get a "praise the sun"** reaction from all the tig ol' bitty having* GAFers, I still support you!

*female

**this stands for "high-beams"
This has always puzzled me. Every girl I have dated has had big breasts. It's like girls who have big boobs in media automatically offend these people now.

GymWolf

So uh, im playing sr3 remaster and literally 95% of the game is undoable in modern woke times, from npc on the streets to writing to literally every quest, from the killer whore party to well any mission because any mission has the typical saints row humor.

There is nothing of the old SR in the new trailer, it shock me that people need to ask why SR fans are mad, you people really need to replay the old games, the difference is night and day.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I like the southwestern setting. Until I saw them introducing it, I forgot how tired I am of modern open worlds based on either New York or LA.

The characters don't seem so bad once they're actually speaking and doing things, but their god-awful designs are something I am not sure I can get past. Call me shallow, but aesthetics and likeability means something to me in ensemble games.

I understand that some of what we saw was apparently pre-alpha, but overall it's just ugly. It's like one part last gen, one part current.

I'll still pass unless it ends up on PS+.

Sneed Wagon

Neo Member
Volition taking a perfectly good series and then exposing it to a wildly different tone and direction nobody asked for feels in the spirit of the company at this point.

mJGnjje.jpg

Top Bottom