• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SAINTS ROW Reboot Trailer with more gameplay

GrayFoxPL

I see that down votes are perfectly seeable now.

The Saints Row devs:

Happy Hour Reaction GIF

Uhahah! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I always wonder what devs do when the backlash hits them like this!

Based off the interviews they have their head so far up their ass they're probably telling each other that these downvoters are trolls and morons for not understanding how amazing their new game is. The REAL fans would never thumb down their incredible trailer.

Did you know they created those characters to be so likeable you'd want to invite them into your living room every single day? So how can anyone dislike characters that are designed to be liked?

DOES NOT COMPUTE

Aldynes

Based off the interviews they have their head so far up their ass they're probably telling each other that these downvoters are trolls and morons for not understanding how amazing their new game is. The REAL fans would never thumb down their incredible trailer.

Did you know they created those characters to be so likeable you'd want to invite them into your living room every single day? So how can anyone dislike characters that are designed to be liked?

DOES NOT COMPUTE
Yeah ! I mean come on you guys, focus group people can't be wrong duh !

oagboghi2

The deep lolz.

Sooooooo "hair on black people" is not 100% the same...

The correct response is "hair on black people CAN have a definite texture like this". As in, some do, some don't. This simply isn't a situation where its 1 thing or the other. Its a some times yes, sometimes no, sometimes both lol
Why are you all pretending that black hair isn’t normally curly.😂

the response to this game has really wound a lot of you up.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Why are you all pretending that black hair isn’t normally curly.😂

the response to this game has really wound a lot of you up.
Not every black person is a 4c.
I know people with 2a hair.
Its not unfathomable that a black person could have the hair style depicted in the trailer.
So lumping it into not being black hair is at best disingenuously hunting for things to hate.....at worst....well ill just leave it there.

oagboghi2

Its not unfathomable that a black person could have the hair style depicted in the trailer.
So lumping it into not being black hair is at best disingenuously hunting for things to hate.....at worst....well ill just leave it there.
It’s pretty fucking rare. It’s basically why we have a weave industry. Why are we pretending that shaving the side of your head and putting a wavy, smooth mullet on top is popular in black culture. It’s not.

and again, so what? It’s a hell of a reach to connect that comment to racism. Like I said, wound up

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
It’s pretty fucking rare. It’s basically why we have a weave industry. Why are we pretending that shaving the side of your head and putting a wavy, smooth mullet on top is popular in black culture. It’s not.

and again, so what? It’s a hell of a reach to connect that comment to racism. Like I said, wound up
Okay.
Its really weird thing to point out and hate in the trailer.
Weve seen the devs can do decent above 3a hair with the Eli character.
Note that I didnt even bring up this hair thing.

So ill just be leaving it alone....its a create a character in a saints row game....give them whatever the fuck hair you want.
We all know we are going to be looking like diseased scrotums anyway:
2553641-oh%20god.png

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I can remember being so excited for the original on the 360, it was a beautiful looking game at the time. I remember the fire effects being incredible looking. I had a really good time with it.

I will not be buying this game, it looks like a free to play game no harm to the developers. I am sure it will be good fun and all but I can see this dropping on sale hard and fast when it releases.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I think the game has potential at least it’s happening unlike GTA which basically released the same game three generations in a row.

Umbral

Why is the diversity in SR 1 through 4 any different from the diversity in the reboot?
See my previous response. Media has always been “diverse.” This new form is not the same.
Shaundi was a lieutenant in SR along with Gat she was the highest ranking none Playa Saint.
Shaundi > Boss Girl. That is my point.
In this game we only have one female on the cast......and shes the driver?
2. Girl who likes working on cars and Boss Girl. Why have her voiced if the player can just swap her out for anyone they want?
How is that any more women is the boss than having Shaundi be basically second in command to the playa?
It’s perfect 50/50. How coincidental. 2 masculine women and 2 feminine men.
The Irony of you mentioning a straw man....hahaha
At this point I have to assume you are intentionally missing what I am saying just to argue.

Karmic Raze

I’m actually excited about this game and I don’t understand the hate at all. Have any of you actually played the Saints Row games or are you just trolling? Maybe you guys should just wait for GTAV to be re-released for the 100th time and play that instead.

Kokoro2020

I'm actually looking forward to this. I could use a new Saints Row game anyway. This actually looks pretty fun, at least going by the gameplay.

And no, I don't care about how "woke" the game will be.

Last edited:

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
I was hoping the intro video was part of an ironic parody and that it was going to be an even smarter parody of everything that's been happening in games.

Alas.

EDMIX

I'm actually looking forward to this. I could use a new Saints Row game anyway. This actually looks pretty fun, at least going by the gameplay.

And no, I don't care about how "woke" the game will be.

Same.

One could argue the same shit about the first game or really any of the games tbh.

Lupingosei

Banned
I’m actually excited about this game and I don’t understand the hate at all. Have any of you actually played the Saints Row games or are you just trolling? Maybe you guys should just wait for GTAV to be re-released for the 100th time and play that instead.
Yeah I played the Saints Row games all of them and how is the trailer related to any of them?

The first one was more of GTA clone, the 2nd already went into the direction of over the top action and 3 and 4 was a celebration of silliness and movie references. And funny enough 3 & 4 were by far the most successful ones. Hitting people with a dildo bat or shooting them out of canon was the over the top fun people wanted.

Boss Mog

Somebody with a social media account send this pic to Volition and ask them if he's part of the crew too:

48108289-10003613-image-a-10_1632068874684.jpg

For those who don't know this is the degenerate who shot up a Colorado school in 2019. This is the kind of "people" devs want to champion these days apparently. Sure The Boss, Johnny Gat, Shaundi and the rest of the crew were no saints (pun intended) but they would never shoot innocent kids at a school, in fact they'd probably go after people that did.

sircaw

Banned
I generally make female players. RDR:O, DA:I, Diablo III, WoW, Cyberpunk, Skyrim etc. But sometimes make males like in GTA V, and he ain't no playa. Though his name is playa7473 and he like to play.

Why are you getting so defensive over a simple remark on hairstyle/texture? Do you not agree that shaven hair on black people has a definite texture like this

Playful-Afro.jpg

that doesn't suddenly change into a ninja merkin.

And FYI I didn't use the teeth styles in RDR:O either but they are fucking horrific.
Just because you like your women to look like the female barbarian from diablo 3 does not mean we all have to. :messenger_grimmacing_

Saying that there is nothing wrong with loving Butch Ginger women, RESPECT "lollipop_disappointed: :messenger_heart:

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Somebody with a social media account send this pic to Volition and ask them if he's part of the crew too:

For those who don't know this is the degenerate who shot up a Colorado school in 2019. This is the kind of "people" devs want to champion these days apparently. Sure The Boss, Johnny Gat, Shaundi and the rest of the crew were no saints (pun intended) but they would never shoot innocent kids at a school, in fact they'd probably go after people that did.

Let's not go crazy here, alright?

Saying the devs want to champion school shooters is some next-level nonsense.

Boss Mog

Let's not go crazy here, alright?

Saying the devs want to champion school shooters is some next-level nonsense.
He would fit right in with the rest of that crew design-wise.

EDIT: And when I said these people I meant loser millenials with multi-tone hair who are detrimental to society, not necessarily school shooters, there's plenty of school shooters who don't look like this guy. I though it was pretty obvious but I guess not.

Last edited:

Oh, I get it now.

Colored hair game characters = promoting school shooters.

confused jim carrey GIF

Makes sense.

You realize this makes you sound like a lunatic right?

EDMIX

Why are you all pretending that black hair isn’t normally curly.

Never said that bud, you literally tried to force this fake narrative when nothing in my post even remotely fucking states that.

""hair on black people" is not 100% the same..."

Again....."hair on black people" is not 100% the same........

Thats not saying its not normally curly, that is saying...its not 100% THE FUCKING SAME, READ, understand what is being stated lol

It’s pretty fucking rare.

and?

This person happens to be one of the rare ones. The fucking game isn't about what is "normally" this or that, you telling me they NEED to fucking make characters that only have features that fit the majority of people in a demographic, no creative differences are allowed or?

The fuck? lol

This. Apparently no differences are allowed, they must all look stereotypical and ONLY have features based on the majority.

I love this fake shit with what is "normal" as if racing driving a car on busy streets and shooting out bazookas is normal, but ohhhhhh boy, someone's hair is da "rare" hair and thats just not allowed by the gaming police lol

Top Bottom