• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SAINTS ROW Reboot Trailer with more gameplay

oagboghi2

Never said that bud, you literally tried to force this fake narrative when nothing in my post even remotely fucking states that.

""hair on black people" is not 100% the same..."

Again....."hair on black people" is not 100% the same........

Thats not saying its not normally curly, that is saying...its not 100% THE FUCKING SAME, READ, understand what is being stated lol

and?

This person happens to be one of the rare ones. The fucking game isn't about what is "normally" this or that, you telling me they NEED to fucking make characters that only have features that fit the majority of people in a demographic, no creative differences are allowed or?

The fuck? lol

This. Apparently no differences are allowed, they must all look stereotypical and ONLY have features based on the majority.

I love this fake shit with what is "normal" as if racing driving a car on busy streets and shooting out bazookas is normal, but ohhhhhh boy, someone's hair is da "rare" hair and thats just not allowed by the gaming police lol
You really bumped the thread over this?

This hair is really important to you. I don't give a shit. Move on

Ok so...

ARE YOU GOING TO LINK IT OR WHAT?

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF
I will message you, I don't know if it should be posted here or not.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I will message you, I don't know if it should be posted here or not.
Pretty sure you are safe to post it.
I havent seen the 30 minute one but ive seen the FUCK DEEP SILVER footage.
So might as well post it.

So give me an extra 15 minutes so I can confirm my Day One-ness

Black_Stride

Post it here, just link it if its mediafire, streamable or youtube etc. Can you make sure it comes with some viruses and trojans please.
Deep Silver are frikken idiots for not just giving us this version of the Saint Row presentation from the beginning.
Instead of a bunch of Talking and that CGI trailer, we should have gotten a bunch of Gameplay.
Looking at the Gameplay its def more Saints Row and more classic Saints Row not the aliens/devils shit.

Deep Silver fucked Volition over by releasing that other footage.

If they just showed us all the building and "activities" im sure Saints Row fans would have been much more receptive of the game.
Im already stocked a bunch of activites and businesses are back and said businesses all come with gameplay options so its not like you are just building shit to fill bars, you are actually building things to increase your gameplay options.

Im sold as shit as is.

cormack12

Gold Member
Deep Silver are frikken idiots for not just giving us this version of the Saint Row presentation from the beginning.
Instead of a bunch of Talking and that CGI trailer, we should have gotten a bunch of Gameplay.
Looking at the Gameplay its def more Saints Row and more classic Saints Row not the aliens/devils shit.

Deep Silver fucked Volition over by releasing that other footage.

If they just showed us all the building and "activities" im sure Saints Row fans would have been much more receptive of the game.
Im already stocked a bunch of activites and businesses are back and said businesses all come with gameplay options so its not like you are just building shit to fill bars, you are actually building things to increase your gameplay options.

Im sold as shit as is.

Yeah I agree totally. I mean the cast are whatever, but the actual gameplay segments look really solid. I can see this doing better than GTA V E&E unless R* are trolling with their trailers. This is why they need to focus on actually presenting the gameplay and someone playing the missions than some boring CG trailer highlighting how progressive, diverse and inclusive the studio is. Because as good as that may be, it certainly ain't gonna make me play your game if it's shit. But that's what we get when studio's want to chase egotistical social media engagement instead of just saying here's our game. Love it or hate it. Exactly like Eve did. Exactly like Deathloop did (to the point of over saturation though) and so on.

It's right there. Everyone is pissed off and fed up of GTA V, people are at a crossroads - do they just buy E&E because...reasons. Or do they buy that new Saints Row that looks like it can fill the void of being new and a bit like it.

Pretty sure you are safe to post it.
I havent seen the 30 minute one but ive seen the FUCK DEEP SILVER footage.
So might as well post it.

So give me an extra 15 minutes so I can confirm my Day One-ness
It's just the Fuck Deep Silver one (which I thought was longer from memory).

Lupingosei

Banned
I mean, whenever I see people pre-emptively bashing the game, it's always solely on how "woke" it is. They don't take into account how the gameplay or any other aspect might be. I really feel people are making too big of an issue over this..
Ok, when did we ever get a game, which was woke in the trailer, was woke during the presentation, which was not woke in the shelves?

cormack12

Gold Member
It's just the Fuck Deep Silver one (which I thought was longer from memory).

Yeah that looks fun as fuck. Deffo a palate cleanser rather than booting up fucking Michael, Trevor and Franklin again.

We never see footage with the player using someone else than their main character even though we're supposed to be able to play with our own custom char. I'll wait until I get footage of that. Also I bet mods will let us change the way these wokes look.

Black_Stride

We never see footage with the player using someone else than their main character even though we're supposed to be able to play with our own custom char. I'll wait until I get footage of that. Also I bet mods will let us change the way these wokes look.

They showed us some of the boss customization already.
We saw a bunch of different boss characters already.......heck we even saw a silver man walking into the bar.
So we know theres pretty extensive char customization.
They just want to advertise it using this character.
Remember how SR3 onwards was generic white man in pretty much all the trailers and posters.

Black_Stride

I'd rather have a straight up remake of Saints Row 2. Keep the co-op, music, everything. Just improve the graphics and controls.
Theres a reason they didnt remaster SR2.
It was good for its time.....but its aged absolutely poorly.
That gameplay and substance wouldnt hold up today.
I love the game and completed all 20fps of the game but it was still a shallow shallow game that you probably couldnt sell today from more than 10 bucks.

P.S This could be seen as a spiritual sequel to Saints Row 2 why you would want to literally play the same game over a sequel thats doing everything better is beyond me.

Theres a reason they didnt remaster SR2.
It was good for its time.....but its aged absolutely poorly.
That gameplay and substance wouldnt hold up today.
I love the game and completed all 20fps of the game but it was still a shallow shallow game that you probably couldnt sell today from more than 10 bucks.

P.S This could be seen as a spiritual sequel to Saints Row 2 why you would want to literally play the same game over a sequel thats doing everything better is beyond me.
Saints 2 walked the line very well between ridiculous and serious. After 2, it just went off the rails and it felt so try-hard.

Game developers are pathetic these days, every female character now has to be so androgynous. Look at Saints Row reboot (might as well call it Fakebook Activist Row), Atomic Heart, Outriders etc they dont want attractive female characters incase they upset feminists and SJWs. Ugly females with Ruby Rose hair styles, shaved hair etc. I hate to think what Bastila Shan or Lara Croft will look like when there next games are released. Lara will probably be fat with cropped purple hair.

Game developers are pathetic these days, every female character now has to be so androgynous. Look at Saints Row reboot (might as well call it Fakebook Activist Row), Atomic Heart, Outriders etc they dont want attractive female characters incase they upset feminists and SJWs. Ugly females with Ruby Rose hair styles, shaved hair etc. I hate to think what Bastila Shan or Lara Croft will look like when there next games are released. Lara will probably be fat with cropped purple hair.
I read stuff like this on here and sometimes it comes across like you're looking for a reason to be angry. I'm sorry the whole world doesn't cater to your cis hetero white male view.

(I mean you no harm. You just seem very angry without any provocation and I think you need to chill a bit.)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We're diving into the upcoming Saints Row reboot for this month's cover story. We sat down with Jeremy Bernstein, Lead Mission Narrative Designer at Deep Silver Volition, to ask him 84 rapid-fire questions about the game ahead of its February release date. Firstly, why is it just called Saints Row? Second, where the heck is Johnny Gat? Through our rigorous questioning, we learn a lot about the project, including its new cast of characters and the more-grounded American Southwest setting the game takes place in.

Top Bottom