• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scariest movie monster (and the movie it's from)

Status
Not open for further replies.
qp7.gif

From Xtro.

For me its the face hugger: this monster incapacitates you, then impregnates you with a killing machine that in the end - bursts out of your chest and kills you and then goes after everyone else.
Alien-The_Facehugger.png

The xenomorth is scary for what it is, the face hugger is terrifying for what it does.

I'd rather a xenomorth strait kill me, than have one of the face huggers do its thing to me.

Definitely has to be the Facehu ...

king-kong-2005-121-g-470x260.jpg

whatisthisicanteven

Really freaky stuff for such a "tame" (get it) movie. Like something straight out of Blighttown.

tumblr_mc7ffkMW4A1rrlbkp.gif

I forgot this part of the film existed. Until a minute ago. All the years of therapy wasted ...

E.T. in the river.

Gave me nightmares, despite watching more graphic films and never being bothered as a child.

Edit:

This shit
HqDG4TN.jpg

Loofy

Looks like I'm watching this. Like tonight. This wasn't on my radar because it seemed like one of those tame, over-produced Hollywood horror movies. Maybe it is, but I dug the gif.
Movies whatever. Better than the Conjuring though which gaf seems to be in love with.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Edit: ^^^ this statement is false. I didn't think the Conjuring was anything great, but Mama was more disappointing for me.

Looks like I'm watching this. Like tonight. This wasn't on my radar because it seemed like one of those tame, over-produced Hollywood horror movies. Maybe it is, but I dug the gif.

OMG don't. Or if you do, don't expect too much. It's pretty cool for a while and then it takes a nose dive. It becomes exactly what you thought it was (imo). On the plus side, Jamie Lannister is in it which is pretty cool :p

J10

Banned
I'm also going with the xenomorph. It has no eyes and a fucking mouth with another mouth in it.

Goddard

Kayako.jpg

I first watched The Grudge when I was young and still hugely susceptible to nightmares, my god that chick scared the living shit out of me. She's the only monster that can get you when you're hiding under your sheets, and she lives in your closet, yeah fuck that man.

In recent memory though the scariest monster I remember seeing in a movie is...nothing. I may be being pessimistic saying this, but honestly I don't think I've seen a good horror movie in LONG time. Paranormal activity is garbage, I really enjoyed Insidious 1, but it was a bit too comedic to actually be scared by. Haunting in Connecticut was also extremely cheesy, all the Amityville horror knockoffs made in the last decade have been pretty bad. I honestly would pay a lot to see a good new original horror movie, like something with the impact of Halloween when it first came out.

EDIT: found image that's not as massive.

zeemumu

Yup. Nothing touches the original Alien design for me. Utter, primal fear.

The lack of eyes has long freaked me out.

I always assumed that its eyes were inside of the head dome. To me, the facehuggers will always be the creepiest part of that movie because that's the 2nd creepiest method of reproduction in the Alien series behind the Predalien's method of pumping Xenomorph embryo's directly down your throat with the inner mouth.

RPGamer92

Banned
Pennywise still gives me nightmares. First time I saw IT was around 10 PM on a weeknight in elementary school. Went to bed and the nightmare I had related to the movie, I've had consistently throughout my life.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I used to be terrified of The Grudge. I gotta say, seeing that face again is bringing back bad memories.

I watched The Thing for the first time a couple years ago and while the puppetry (or whatever it was) was very impressive, the long drawn out transformation scenes began to feel pretty safe after the creature spent so much time showing off and less time pursuing the characters.

E.T. in the river.

Gave me nightmares, despite watching more graphic films and never being bothered as a child.

Edit:

This shit
HqDG4TN.jpg

Good one. I had to fast forward that part as a kid. I pretty much skipped the sick part up until ET rises from the dead and the flowers are ok again. The guys in "astronaut" suits scared the fuck out of me to.

Taver-on-the-green-central-park-untapped-cities-ghostbusters-film-locationsjpg.jpg

This is another one I thought of. I felt so sorry for Rick Morannis trying to get inside the restaurant and no one hears him or helps him. So hopeless.

zeemumu

this just scared the crap out of me. lol.

mama is the name of the movie?

Yeah, it came out about a year ago. Quick plot synopsis since this movie keeps popping up: It's about some kids who were left alone in the woods for a few years with no one to look after them but the ghost in the GIF, and she refuses to relinquish custody of them.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
You can throw me into that GAF tub. I'm not expecting anything close to The Conjuring in terms of filmmaking quality or creep factor.

It really is pretty bad fyi. Parts of it are great, parts of it are terribad, the result is meh. But hey, enjoy, it's kind of fun still I guess.

If I had an AR-15 I would still be shit scared of a Predator, if he wanted my mellon (compared to a Xenomorph or the Werewolf from the seminal 'in London).

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Wow so passive aggressive.

Its from Creepshow 2, The Raft segment.

You're welcome.

It's really fucking annoying when people do that in threads like this. It's not hard to post the name of the movie. Not all of us have seen every scary movie in the world.

For me its the face hugger: this monster incapacitates you, then impregnates you with a killing machine that in the end - bursts out of your chest and kills you and then goes after everyone else.
Alien-The_Facehugger.png

The xenomorth is scary for what it is, the face hugger is terrifying for what it does.

I'd rather a xenomorth strait kill me, than have one of the face huggers do its thing to me.

And that's it. Nothing else to see here.

Some great choices in here, but nothing elicits terror quite like the xenomorph.

Carbonox

People are seriously picking that god awful American remake of the Ring?

The Sakura design is bog standard horror movie wankery that lacks any semblance of the original and the film itself is just a horrible and completely soulless film. Everything about it is the complete opposite of the brilliantly made build up of the original. Shit scared the hell out of me when I first saw it. The psychological ride was just sublime and that Sakura would definitely rank in my scariest film 'monsters'. The simplicity of it worked whereas the American design is generic, downright pitiful and can be thrown in to other demonic-looking women character designs. Nothing separates it.

The American film is terribad, absolutely terribad.

The American Grudge film however was actually a good watch compared with the original. Creepy as hell with great ghost designs. One of the most scariest ghost designs in films for me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Really? I laughed pretty hard when I saw the Xenomorph the first time. It was so obviously fake when they show it standing upright even as a kid I noticed it. They showed too much of it too early in the movie.

Now Cujo?
tumblr_mdi5nxeAcz1qfpn1do3_500.gif

Cujo was terrifying.

My vote has to go to Mary Shaw.
6ca2ee8737d80c5c1390052f0402c4c4.jpg

I'm not afraid of ventriloquist dummies, but the look of a human body that has had its parts replaced with doll parts scares the crap out of me.

Oh good lord that movie scared me.

I'll just go with the slew of Sadoko-esque/Long Black-haired ghosts of J-Horror. They never cease to frighten me.

What's this from?

It's a shame that they changed the illustrations a couple years ago. :(

It's from Creepshow part II: The Raft, I believe.

And scariest, I'd at least put a nomination up for Predator

1987_predator_008.jpg

Big shoutouts to the Xenomorph, The Thing, and Chucky, but nothing scared me like a Predator could. Cloaking, the tech, the intelligence, and the brutality. Even though he's got ethics like only hunting armed/big game, still creeps me the hell out. Just thinking about what he'd do to his victims afterwards too.

3214910-0513459041-images

30.png

hands down

I always wondered why your username seemed familiar; now I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom