• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCORN – Prologue Gameplay Walkthrough (8 Mins)

People forget that DOOM 2016 never got early reviews either. Either way for Scorn....I think at best this would be 65-70 meteoritic score. I know one person that is reviewing it and he says he is having a hard time completing it just because it is so boring and convoluted .

20cent

Banned
Somehow I thought it was going to be a pure shooter for so long. Seeing it as a "survival horror adventure" (walk sim runaway from monsters) doesn't appeal to me at all now.

People forget that DOOM 2016 never got early reviews either. Either way for Scorn....I think at best this would be 65-70 meteoritic score. I know one person that is reviewing it and he says he is having a hard time completing it just because it is so boring and convoluted .

Maybe he's just not a fan of Hardcore Scorn?

People who usually have a hard time figuring out puzzles or what to do and where to go and blame it on the game design are usually just the problem themselves and not the game. They lack the understanding of good game design, have no patience or the game is just simply not for them.

People who usually have a hard time figuring out puzzles or what to do and where to go and blame it on the game design are usually just the problem themselves and not the game. They lack the understanding of good game design, have no patience or the game is just simply not for them.
All im saying is, this is something you should wait for reviews first. Because it seems they doubled down on the visual feel but at the end of the day, is the game fun to play or not. So far everyone is praising the look, but barely any mention of gameplay. Even if its hard puzzles, it needs to make sense in the game world, Monkey Island puzzles are fun and comedy filled. Scorn is different but nobody will play a game full of puzzles and zero fun on the side.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I think mid 70's. Seems like the kind of game that will score a lot of decent 7's.

All im saying is, this is something you should wait for reviews first. Because it seems they doubled down on the visual feel but at the end of the day, is the game fun to play or not. So far everyone is praising the look, but barely any mention of gameplay. Even if its hard puzzles, it needs to make sense in the game world, Monkey Island puzzles are fun and comedy filled. Scorn is different but nobody will play a game full of puzzles and zero fun on the side.

“Insert penis shaped key into vagina shaped hole” its a game about teaching virgins about sex

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
“Insert penis shaped key into vagina shaped hole” its a game about teaching virgins about sex

3698oP.gif

skit_data

Any last score predictions?
I think it will get mixed reviews because it feels like a game that you either like it or don’t get it at all.
I think it will scor e somewhere between 70 and 80 on MC. I’ll go with 76.

Last edited:

baphomet

For a game I've been stoked for since I first saw it, I get the feeling this is going to be bad.

Like low 60s bad.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I think this is going to be poor, but I googled for reviews just now (thinking the embargo must be up as it's release day) and see that The Guardian published and then pulled their review. Based on the graphic, it looks like they gave it 4/5. More than I thought.

GenericUser

The game will probably have a very poor replay value and I heard it's going to be on gamepass day one. So is it possible to simply buy a 10 bucks month long gamepass subscription, play and finish the game and then cancel gamepass?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Unless the game is awesome, I think Scorn will get grilled. The game has a gory creepy vibe to it, so I think most people at first impression will think it's an action game of some sort or survival horror (one of the past videos even showed shooting bloody spiders or something).

But if this game is mostly all puzzles, I think a lot of gamers will hate it.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Unless the game is awesome, I think Scorn will get grilled. The game has a gory creepy vibe to it, so I think most people at first impression will think it's an action game of some sort or survival horror (one of the past videos even showed shooting bloody spiders or something).

But if this game is mostly all puzzles, I think a lot of gamers will hate it.
I think you're right.

Here is mine

Score - 10/10 Masterpiece

Written - https://www.gaminginstincts.com/review/scorn-review-a-horrific-masterpiece/

Not sure where the other idiot reviews find this game "dull or frustrating" there is nothing hard about it and combat is fine. If you suck at the game, then just admit it. The IGN review is a joke lol.

There is really not much to complain when it comes to Scorn. My only real gripe is that the adventure is over a bit too soon. If you are decent at solving puzzles and good at figuring stuff out quickly then you can get through this horror of a journey in roughly four to six hours with five most likely being the average length that it would take to beat the game. However, what you are going to experience in these four to six hour is nothing but pure quality, out of this world atmosphere, a ton of disturbing and gross moments and most importantly just a fantastic experience overall. If you are into games that is filled with exploration, discovery, cleverness, patience, immersion and a lot of jaw-dropping moments then Scorn will be right up your alley. To sum it up, I need a sequel as soon as possible.

Although, I must be transparent here that Scorn is not for everyone. If you are not into getting your brain teased or you do not like getting easily lost and you find the lack of a radar map frustrating then this game might not be up your alley It's also worth mentioning that the pacing is quite slow, and if you are looking for more of an action horror-survival title then this game is 100% not for you and I suggest you look elsewhere. I however, love a variety of horror games and as long as the game is well designed in what its trying to accomplish then I am all for it.

I personally fell in love with this game from the beginning and all the way to the end. I think its designed very well and you could tell it was beautifully hand-crafted with lots of labor of love and soul in terms of its art, audio, level design and gameplay systems. Scorn was designed with a clear goal in mind - which was to create a believable, disturbing but yet interesting and horrific world with clever puzzle mechanics and unique ideas that is being begged to be explored and it sure has achieved the primary objective. With that being said Scorn will be receiving a final verdict of a masterpiece that is 10 out of 10. Kepler Interactive thank you for supporting Ebb Software on their journey in creating this magnificent experience for the horror fans, now please tell them to go back to work and make a sequel after they are done celebrating.

Last edited:

Paasei

Really that typical game I want try out first. Gamepass PC for 1 month on its release it is and maybe combine that with Plague Tale.

Also Elder Legend Elder Legend . IGN reviews are always a joke. They have 10000 reviewers you never heard of.

Last edited:
Just as I thought, a boring amazing looking game for a short amount of time. Some may enjoy it, most wont. For gamepass price, no reason not to get it for for 36 euros? ROFL you'd be an idiot.

Top Bottom