• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, Uno, Uno Rush & Marvel Vs Capcom Origins Delisted

It's really really annoying that companies don't announce at least a month in advance when they know a game is going to be delisted... Luckily I already had Scott Pilgrim, but damn so many people will miss out on this game now.

Do the ultimate codes include all DLC for SP? Been wanting it for years and never got the bullet. Can't believe they stealth pulled smh. I'll get the ultimate edition for sure if all DLC is included.

Edit: Nvm, Best Buy's site just was super sparse on the info but Gamestop covered it. It does have all the DLC.

Edit 2: Bought the Best Buy code. Redeemed fine.

Rembrandt

Banned
Grab Scott Pilgrim! Amazing game with an amazing soundtrack and great graphics. I never got to beat it, but it's a lot of fun and I would buy a current gen one day one. Shame the movie didn't do as well as expected.

Fuck, never got around to buying the Wallace DLC. Are those codes for the DLC still going to be good tomorrow morning? I'll have the cash to spare by then.

This is crazy. Uno?! You can still find games instantly, it's quite popular.

Scott Pilgrim is really fun, looks and sounds fantastic. I could never get past the 3rd level though, I'm pretty bad at it.

Petrae

I just got a brand new, factory sealed copy of Ray Tracers for the PlayStation, more than a decade after it was discontinued at retail.

Meanwhile, I can no longer buy Scott Pilgrim-- or many other delisted games-- new, used, or otherwise.

That's where the dark side of digital distribution shows itself. Unlike physical games, which are still available through a variety of sellers, digital games can't be sold piecemeal later on after a user no longer wants it. Many games will vanish, with only videos and screenshots to prove their existence... unless obtained through "other" means.

Yes, physical games can be more expensive... but at least copies exist for sale.

Timu

Holy crap...

I'm glad I got the Scott Pilgrim game on day one(and beaten it multiple times), gee, didn't think it would get delisted.

vypek

Scott Pilgrim is really fun, looks and sounds fantastic. I could never get past the 3rd level though, I'm pretty bad at it.

The shop for character power ups were in the first level. So if you were finding it too difficult, you could buy power ups to make your character stronger and last longer in fights

Andrefpvs

I'm wondering if I should buy the Wallace DLC while it's still up in Europe... that's the only DLC I'm missing.

Opinions?

Artorias

Banned
I guess this semi explains why Scott Pilgrim was on sale a few weeks ago. Wierd that they never announced it, but I have it and all DLC.

I hope I actually bought the game, rather than get it through PS+ though. I got Simpsons through + and now I really wish I'd have bought it outright now that its gone.

Remember - Scott Pilgrim was offered on PS Plus awhile back, so if you've been a subscriber for awhile, its probably in your download list. Go grab it.

Shit, man.

The digital era is awful. Scott Pilgrim, all that great pixel art, all the programming and design that went into making it a complete package...all lost. Unarchivable.

SoulUnison

Banned
I had Scott Pilgrim as a PS+ title, downloaded and launched, but haven't been a subscriber in a while.

If I re-up my sub will it still be there?

Biker19

Banned
Shit, man.

The digital era is awful. Scott Pilgrim, all that great pixel art, all the programming and design that went into making it a complete package...all lost. Unarchivable.

Uh-huh.

Now you guys see why I'm against a digital only future on consoles.

entremet

I played the Scott Pilgrim demo on XBLA--remember those :(

I didn't help it for me. Enemies had way too much life.

Delisting is really terrible for game preservation though.

vypek

I played the Scott Pilgrim demo on XBLA--remember those :(

I didn't help it for me. Enemies had way too much life.

Delisting is really terrible for game preservation though.

I don't know about the XBLA version but I'm pretty sure at least the PSN version was patched so enemies health wasn't so ridiculous like it was when it first launched.

Chuy

Totally forgot to get Marvel vs. Capcom before it got delisted but scott pilgrim being removed kinda came out from nowhere. Glad I got it during that flash sale awhile back but feel sorry for anybody that wants to get but can't now.
Also reading through this thread really made me want it on vita now....

This is why I want physical!

Tried the gamestop option, no codes were given.

Waiting to hear back from customer service.

T_T

EDIT: I went in my browser history to the confirmation page after purchase.
Download code was there AND IT WORKS!!!.

After I had purchased it the site asked if I wanted to sign in. Big mistake since the order history and confirmation email doesn't list the code.
In fact the order history has no evidence that a transaction even took place.

Lesson learned. Never click off GS confirmation page. Their order history is non existent when it comes to digital. Well at least for me anyway :(

entremet

I don't know about the XBLA version but I'm pretty sure at least the PSN version was patched so enemies health wasn't so ridiculous like it was when it first launched.

Really? I'm buying the GS code then. I like the rest, but the balance was off. I'm sure they never updated the demo lol.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I have Origina Game + Knives but I don't see any point to buying online mode since they probably shut it down in few weeks or so since it got delisted.

shimrra

This kinda sucks, I was hoping they would have ported Scott Pilgrim to the PS Vita. It would have been sweet to have that game on the go.

Biggest one I'm bummed of losing is Uno, thankfully it's available on a very cheap compilation disc. Still love playing online from time to time. Hope XBLA doesn't keep reducing in size, it's got a ton of good stuff.

Conan-san

(Said with full knowledge of how this stuff really works)

One last "Ubi, no", for '14 eh, Ubisoft?

If your company had a face I'd punch it.

vypek

Really? I'm buying the GS code then. I like the rest, but the balance was off. I'm sure they never updated the demo lol.

Just to reiterate, that was on the PSN download I have. The HP values for enemies were changed. I had to grind money to power up my character to get through the game originally but afterwards the game was much more manageable when they cut down the HP. I can't vouch that the same was done for XBLA version but it would make sense if it was. lol, yeah they probably never did update the demo

Top Bottom