• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle Times Journalist Suspended After Harassing Writer With Gross Twitter DMs

If we aren't talking about sneaking alcohol in their non-alcoholic drinks, I don't know how you can get another person drunk. The other person is drinking on his own will, therefore the premise is still the same; that person is the only one responsible for his/her actions.

Person A can still be ultimately responsible while person B can still be morally wrong. These are two very different things.

In the example that I gave you, do you really feel the woman would have done nothing wrong?

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
Person A can still be ultimately responsible while person B can still be morally wrong. These are two very different things.

Being "morally wrong" is so subjective is almost just mumbo jumbo.

Especially when it comes from this ridiculously paternalistic sexism that aims to protect poor women from their own choices.

If I hook with a fat ugly woman while I'm drunk, nobody would ever say that she is "morally wrong", much less a rapist. Everybody would just laugh at me and I would just feel bad for half an hour or something and then move on with my life.

Being "morally wrong" is so subjective is almost just mumbo jumbo.

Especially when it comes from this ridiculously paternalistic sexism that aims to protect poor women from their own choices.

If I hook with a fat ugly woman while I'm drunk, nobody would ever say that she is "morally wrong", much less a rapist. Everybody would just laugh at me and I would just feel bad for half an hour or something and then move on with my life.
In the example that I gave you, do you really feel the woman would have done nothing wrong?

Jon Neu

Banned
Man and his girlfriend. Man has said repeatedly he doesn't want to have kids, but the girlfriend knows that he does a lot of things he wouldn't normally do when he's drunk. She gets him drunk, she suggests not using a condom, and she gets what she wanted. The next day he wakes up, has a full blown panic attack, and it turns out she ended up pregnant. Maybe it works out, maybe they break up and he's suck paying child support for a couple decades.

Was what she did illegal? No. Was it rape? No. Would you argue that her actions weren't bad at all, and she did nothing wrong?

Yes, people are responsible for the choices they make when they drink (try getting out of vehicular manslaughter if you drink and drive), but if someone specifically and knowingly gets you drunk to make it more likely you'll abandon your inhibitions or good sense (especially with the assumption you'll regret your actions), then yes, what that person did was definitely bad.

You are already establishing that the man doesn't want to have kids and that he told that to his wife, that's already a totally different scenario.

And also you are introducing something that it's already unfair both in nature and by law, which is that women can have babies and men don't have a say in it. That's why men should have the right to renounce to their parenthood rights and obligations if they didn't want to have a baby, but that's another very different topic.

crowbrow

Banned
The irony behind all this is that many of these twitter feminists who thrive on exposing people and getting them fired emerged after all the Gamergate debacle which was basically a guy doing this same thing to a woman who did much worse things than send an inappropriate private message... yet this woman is a heroin for women like this one.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I mean, as many women know...there are guys that send incredibly innapproprate and unprompted private messages fairly often. Even trans women like myself, as 'undatable' as much of the world seems to find us to be...can receive creepy perverse messages way too often.

The message he sent about...stuff...on her face...did seem to come out of nowhere. Maybe it really was sent to her mistakenly? Still, he meant that message for someone. I'm sure his wife is hurt by those messages no matter who they were sent to.
Perhaps they were from his wife. Its late night, there is a 45 min delay... people on Twitter instantly jump into this as evidence that it was willfully done. But we know so very little. Was he drunk? Was he under the influence? People do different things at night, so to judge harshly is a risky endeavour.

She (the victim) shouldn't have seen those and it is understandable that these offended her. I can imagine that. But to get back at the guy in such a way is an illogical response. Everything needs to have an equal and opposite reaction.

This was not equal and opposite. This reads more like an act of pure spite using the victim situation as a cloak of defence.

In other words - Don't use Twitter for personal reeeesons.

But what if they were... supposed to be for his wife?

Who doesn’t send cheeky texts to their wife/husband? Seriously? We send stuff that would make a whore blush, daily. Like I said previously, it’s not exactly difficult to send something to the wrong person.

While there is doubt if the guy sent it to her by mistake or meant it for her, there is no doubt at all she’s a class A twat who is only out to ruin somebodies life over pretty much nothing at all.
''Odium please finish Overdose, i want you to physically render my ASSets the way you bake your lightmaps!''

Sure is toxic in here. She’s not ugly.

She’s aesthetically challenged
I am not sure why you are describing yourself here.
Also i am joking. I won't do it again.
The irony behind all this is that many of these twitter feminists who thrive on exposing people and getting them fired emerged after all the Gamergate debacle which was basically a guy doing this same thing to a woman who did much worse things than send an inappropriate private message... yet this woman is a heroin for women like this one.
To be fair, i would turn to heroin if i were the accused, did as much right as one possibly could do within set limits, and still get dragged on like he were. I mean, shit, the man lost it all, i am not sure where this is a sense of pride to be felt if you are the victim doing this to the accused.

Saying that you don't want him out of work sounds especially smug considering the reveals and the fact that she has had this problem with someone else before. For once i am agreeing with Papa Papa here, like i said, there is a part missing from this equation, but it seems (seems) like she enjoys doing this. Which is a inherently evil character flaw to have and such transcends being a gal or a bro.

Don't do heroin people.

Shelbutt

Reading his responses, I wonder if he actually did just fuck up and didn't mean to send it to her. I get that it's gross and very inappropriate, but I've had guys send me shit and when called out, you could tell they weren't sorry. His responses seem absolutely genuine. Almost seems like when he sent that she whispered "jackpot" under her breath. To seek and destroy. I kinda feel bad about the guy :/ tried everything to make it better but she just wouldn't stop. (I've only seen the OP so if there's more to it then idk)

Papa

Banned
Perhaps they were from his wife. Its late night, there is a 45 min delay... people on Twitter instantly jump into this as evidence that it was willfully done. But we know so very little. Was he drunk? Was he under the influence? People do different things at night, so to judge harshly is a risky endeavour.

She (the victim) shouldn't have seen those and it is understandable that these offended her. I can imagine that. But to get back at the guy in such a way is an illogical response. Everything needs to have an equal and opposite reaction.

This was not equal and opposite. This reads more like an act of pure spite using the victim situation as a cloak of defence.

''Odium please finish Overdose, i want you to physically render my ASSets the way you bake your lightmaps!''

To be fair, i would turn to heroin if i were the accused, did as much right as one possibly could do within set limits, and still get dragged on like he were. I mean, shit, the man lost it all, i am not sure where this is a sense of pride to be felt if you are the victim doing this to the accused.

Saying that you don't want him out of work sounds especially smug considering the reveals and the fact that she has had this problem with someone else before. For once i am agreeing with Papa Papa here, like i said, there is a part missing from this equation, but it seems (seems) like she enjoys doing this. Which is a inherently evil character flaw to have and such transcends being a gal or a bro.

Don't do heroin people.

Don’t call her a victim. That’s what she wants. Cum recipient maybe be more appropriate in this instance.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Don’t call her a victim. That’s what she wants. Cum recipient maybe be more appropriate in this instance.
Not everyone is you.

Its her actions after the fact that muddled her own status, but randomly getting called those things, i can see that this is off putting to someone.

Ofcourse, that is a general remark, nor would i expect that such a victim would then give chase on the actions she did.

The fact that this isn't her first rodeo definitely does not help her status in any way. And that's not because she is a wahmen. Its more that she appears spiteful and uses the feminism card to make her actions sound societablly acceptable.

One thing that isn't mentioned that much is how Twitter suspended her briefly, and then reversed it because they thought she were the victim.

Like, come on. This is the problem with the world today - Individual actions aren't judged equally. It has already been decided that the guy was at fault 100% and all his actions thereafter are noble but irrelevant, as he still has to burn.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. NEVER HAVE I HEARD ANYTHING SO DISGUSTINGLY STUPID. IT WILL NEVER BE FINISHED! VIVA LA FRANNNNNCE!
''Team Blur? Yeah, hi, Redneckerz here. I want to inform you of one of your team members that has written some strange messages to me, implying that he wants to bake me offline with lightmaps and cover my head with bumpmapping. I am not sure what to make of it. His name? Oh, that's Odium, he works also on Twitter. Just letting you know. xxx byesies''

Last edited:

Shelbutt

being a woman is totally normal and very cool

See this is what pisses me off. I get that he was on a 'professional' account or whatever and I'm not saying this should be ok or the norm or whatever, just assuming he meant to send it (which I'm not convinced of) But obviously she thrives off this shit. I'm sorry if this sounds preachy but almost every person of the female variety has received 'those' kinds of messages. Why? Cause it's the internet and people are gonna say and do stupid shit and it doesn't really matter how you look (as others have commented on) *someone* will send you lewd shit eventually. She's acting like a goddamn 3 year old throwing a tantrum. You know what you do when you get stuff like that? You tell them they're gross, to fuck off and block them and go about the rest of your monday. Not sit there and end a mans lively hood off of it. Acting so high and mighty like she's never lusted after someone and I could bet you money she's said some shit that others would be uncomfortable with. But no because she's a W O M A N, How fucking dare he. And those OP screenshots look sus anyway. Women can have it tough on the internet with being harrassed, but you guys have it hard. You can't even look at someone crooked without some stupid cunt screaming at you.
//end rant

crowbrow

Banned

Don't do heroin people.
I think the guy intentionally sent the messages, I mean there are many socially awkward people out there who have no idea how to flirt or interact so for me it isn't a surprising tweet. He could have been drunk or drugged too which may explain it further.

But yeah the character assassination of a person because of a misplaced and awkward tweet is even worse and more evil than what he did. I'm sure she enjoys it, she is a person that has labelled herself as a victim of the system her whole life probably, in people like this it isn't strange that they repeat the abuse they perceived they received when they get even a tiny bit of power over others. That's why many sexually abused people become sexually abusers themselves, this is how terribly paradoxical humans are. She is out for revenge and like someone criticizing her tweeted, the reason why victims are not supposed to be handling punishments to their abusers and instead society has evolved into assigning independent parties for that is because revenge is not the same as justice no matter what these SJWs try to make people think.

And lol at the word heroine, I swear I wasn't thinking about the drug :messenger_neutral:

crowbrow

Banned
See this is what pisses me off. I get that he was on a 'professional' account or whatever and I'm not saying this should be ok or the norm or whatever, just assuming he meant to send it (which I'm not convinced of) But obviously she thrives off this shit. I'm sorry if this sounds preachy but almost every person of the female variety has received 'those' kinds of messages. Why? Cause it's the internet and people are gonna say and do stupid shit and it doesn't really matter how you look (as others have commented on) *someone* will send you lewd shit eventually. She's acting like a goddamn 3 year old throwing a tantrum. You know what you do when you get stuff like that? You tell them they're gross, to fuck off and block them and go about the rest of your monday. Not sit there and end a mans lively hood off of it. Acting so high and mighty like she's never lusted after someone and I could bet you money she's said some shit that others would be uncomfortable with. But no because she's a W O M A N, How fucking dare he. And those OP screenshots look sus anyway. Women can have it tough on the internet with being harrassed, but you guys have it hard. You can't even look at someone crooked without some stupid cunt screaming at you.
//end rant
I remember this one time a woman I worked with sent me a pretty erotic message out of nowhere like at 2am. We had only spoken mostly in professional terms at work and exchanged a couple of messages but there was no indication of anything. She sent me this message describing her skin in a pretty erotic way, it actually was not such a bad message but I had a gf at the time so I wasnt asking for it, it was sort of poetic but appeared a bit ridiculous since it came out of nowhere. I just answered a polite message back saying her thanks but no thanks and that was pretty much it. If I were as vindictive as this woman I could have made a shitstorm out of it but since I'm a guy I would have probably triggered the next gamergate lol.

Last edited:

Shelbutt

I remember this one time a woman I worked with sent me a pretty erotic message out of nowhere like at 2am. We had only spoken mostly in professional terms at work and exchanged a couple of messages but there was no indication of anything. She sent me this message describing her skin in a pretty erotic way, it actually was not such a bad message but I had a gf at the time so I want asking for it, it was sort of poetic but appeared a bit ridiculous since it came out of nowhere. I just answered a polite message back saying her thanks but no thanks and that was pretty much it. If I were as vindictive as this woman I could have made a shitstorm out of it but since I'm a guy I would have probably triggered the next gamergate lol.
Nah if you would've said anything about it no one would've taken you seriously and people would've mocked you for 'turning her down' or 'are you gay or something?' Like I know it's not 100% same game but when boys will say they're raped by their female teachers, everyone scoffs and mocks the kid. but if it's the other way round, then all hell breaks loose. I feel bad for you guys. Also kudos to you for being respectful about it. I dunno If i would've been lol
The double standards are reeeeal

Last edited:

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I’m less concerned about the gaps in time, more about the content.

Is he texting with someone showing him pictures? Which would be odd he isn’t in the same conversation

Idk what to think here

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Kind of sums up the state of journalism in the West. It's like a twisted romantic comedy.

I'll set the scene.

Stage Left: enter beta wannabe-chad who plays fast and loose with edgy comments and obviously hangs in some... interesting circles just like his fellow media sycophants. When the instances of "oopsies, he was a pedophile / harasser" continues to climb, you have to wonder what sort of environments these media conglomerates are tolerating.

Stage Right: enter starry-eyed "writer" waiting for her big media break. Immediately after walking onto the stage, she gets a #metoo moment dropped into her lap with nary a grab of the pussy, so she jumps on it with the ferocity of Democrat Presidential Hopeful Michael Avenatti chasing after a new Trump prostitute.

Let's not forget where #metoo started: in entertainment. No surprise that failed entertainers i.e. journalists would fall into the same traps as Hollywood, just on a smaller, more insidious level.

Last edited:

stolin

Only thing that face needs is a paper bag.
92c707c2a31b555124aff51626a66f97.png

How is this a work issue? Was he tweeting from a work Twitter account? Why did she not tell him to stop before tattling to his employer? Why is this even a public issue? Oh right, because she wants her 15 minutes of fame and more fans that stand with her in the "fight against cis men". I couldn't eye roll harder if I tried.

How hard would it be, in this day and age, to make up DM's and photoshop anybody/anything into them?

At what point does the blame/onus shift towards the receiver to just delete the fucking message.

This isn't the holocaust, the gulags, the slave trade, the eugenics program etc. It's a fucking text message. Get some perspective, Jesus Christ.

Editing is piss easy. Every major browser has element editing capabilities. You do not even have to edit screenshots - just find the text element and change it.

Jmarshall

Kind of a non sequitur and a significant delay in timestamps, could be a mistext like he claims. Either way, he apologized and backed off and offered to make a donation to charity, and she has since launched a campaign to destroy his life? Apparently it's not the first time she has gone after someone like this. Stay far, far away from feminists if you don't have enough reasons to already.

talia-jane-entitled-millennial-whiner-b-1.jpg
Also don't mistakenly type your message intended for a camgirl to a professional colleague on your work account.

No one to blame but himself.

zeioIIDX

Okay so...."there is so much cum on your face." coming totally out of left field and out of context makes me think it truly wasn't meant for her. But hey, no one knows except for him. It's just strange as hell that someone would send "there is so much cum on your face" to a woman the way he did. It makes me think of that "What are you talking about?! Who the hell are you talking to?" Truman Show gif. It's so left field and nonsensical given his previous two texts. I doubt there's a form of Tourette syndrome for writing/typing (is there?). Strange shit. If he did mean to send her that, I'm confused as hell. No one in their right mind would ever expect a receptive response to some shit like that. Would this dude really put his career in jeopardy like that especially knowing what kinda landscape we're in these days? Maybe. Who knows? People do some whacked out stuff so maybe he did it and thought he'd get away with it.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Weird? I use that line all the time and it works like 90% of the time. I add a bunch of extra ooooo's in though to really sell it. "Soooooooo much cum on your face." Really sells the fact that it's a large quantity of cum, on their face. You have to convey that it's a significant amount of cum on their face for the seduction to work. You can also use all caps to the same effect.

Top Bottom