• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seems Sony Are Fixing The Discount Error For PS+ Plans Upgrading To Extra/Premium/Deluxe [UP: confirmed "technical error"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jimbo catching this before it hit the US:
Nicole Scherzinger Television GIF

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I don't care if it was intentional or a mistake. It was fucking stupid.

Back to games?

Yep Reaction GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E
Back to games, sure. But I actually would appreciate some transparency. Xbox publicly admitted their Gold price hike was dumb and that they changed their mind.

Just talking normally to customers is not asking that much.

Topher

Gold Member
Back to games, sure. But I actually would appreciate some transparency. Xbox publicly admitted their Gold price hike was dumb and that they changed their mind.

Just talking normally to customers is not asking that much.

That would require Sony to have a competent public relations department. Unfortunately, they do not. So I'm not holding my breath, but yeah, an explanation would be nice.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
And that’s why you roll out changes to the small countries first
Totally.

Test the market for how much money they will spend. And if the consumers balk you tell customer service to throw away their scripts and math calculations told to callers. And you adjust the system.

The message, as Google Translated, explains: “If you need to upgrade to the second or third tier of the membership, you need to make up for the difference in the previous discounted price first to return to the normal price. For example: a one-year PS Plus membership was HK$308 and the discounted price was HK$187.60, so the difference is HK$120.40 divided by the number of remaining months.”

Last edited:
I can because it was coded to be that way

You can have mistakes in coding. I have them all the time.

That's why I'm not a professional :(

I thought it was Uncle Phil?

Sadly he passed away a while ago. RIP Uncle Phil. At least he didn't have to watch Will Smith embarrass himself in front of Chris Rock.

kirby007

You can have mistakes in coding. I have them all the time.

That's why I'm not a professional :(

Sadly he passed away a while ago. RIP Uncle Phil. At least he didn't have to watch Will Smith embarrass himself in front of Chris Rock.
yes a mistake, but good luck fully writting this code without this intention LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom