• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Self-help productivity gurus are hilarious

TBW3pCL.jpg
Shocked he didn't die of a heart attack. What a legend.

Cyberpunkd

Obligatory note that this is a decades old tradition to invent shit - before Robert Kiyosaki there was Napoleon Hill who also made everything up.

You would think with the Internet scams would die out but they are better than ever.

RagnarokIV

Yes, he made about $400 million, so it's said, from the $1 billion sale of Quest Nutrition.

His channel has a more or less typical set of podcast guests on but it's clickbaity and self-help oriented.

For example:

First you were supposed to wake up at 5am to attack the day, then 4am, now it's 3:30am, fully into parody territory. Why not wake up at 9pm? Think of how far ahead you'll get compared to those 3:30am losers!

Quickly scrolling and thought the video thumbnail said "STOP WANKING AT 6AM"

Which would be funny because I'm sure I saw a thumbnail "self help" ted talk before about that. Some arabic guy

Last edited:

Dis

I liked Goggins‘ first book a lot but after reading his 2nd one I think a lot of his advice is inapplicable because he literally trashes his own body for the strong mind. This works only if you have the money for sugery and other medical expenses…

When it comes to self help I‘d recommend everyone to ditch the new trash and just stick to the classics for Carnegy and the like.

Louise Hay!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I'll stick with Goggins and Jocko for the self-help productivity inspiration thanks.
I’ll stick with the stoics.
Thinking maybe go to bed around 9/10 get up 5/6 in the morning would help me get some stuff out the way before I have to take the kids to school etc.

I believe the mantra about early to her early to rise etc.

Last edited:

Jsisto

This motherfucker looks like he was created in a lab with the sole purpose of making the perfect con artist. It’s like they took attributes from the most successful pyramid schemers and smashed them into one perfectly unlikable douchebag. Fuck yea, science!

Mossybrew

I haven't kept up with the self help guru scene. My experience begins and ends with falling asleep to Tony Robbins infomercials in the early 90's.

Aesius

This motherfucker looks like he was created in a lab with the sole purpose of making the perfect con artist. It’s like they took attributes from the most successful pyramid schemers and smashed them into one perfectly unlikable douchebag. Fuck yea, science!
Those red-faced, bulging vein, thick neck middle-aged dudes look like walking heart attacks. And you just know they are raging narcissistic assholes in their personal lives who think that everyone who dislikes them is an envious hater.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm an amateur psychologist in a way. After 30 years being around psychologists and psychiatrists and various social workers (which i can sadly easily manipulate if i choose)

Anyways because of said experience I can help my friends dealing with some sad stuff. And I'm glad I'm able to offer that help.

Lunarorbit

Mildly curious, so let's find out who this sunburnt god of coke and steroids, I mean productivity, is.

Gdc4un4.png

Wow, I too want to perform at #MAXOUT levels by combining spirituality with the inner workings of the mind, not to mention tactical thoughts. Teach me, sensei! Maybe someday I too can pay someone to post a Forbes Contributor article about me so that I can use their logo on my personal site.

This guy sounds like one of the most successful businessmen ever, though! Let's look at his qualifications.

bsWK6EU.png

One of the top business leaders in the world! Wait, a BA in Communications from a non-selective school, no companies built, no corporate leadership experience? 31 years at the "World Financial Group," though, as Agency Chairman. Weird to be at the same role for 31 years when it's not your company. "Agency Chairman" sounds important, though!

Wait, what kind of organization is the World Financial Group...?

Kza7Yjr.png

Oh, turns out it's a pyramid scheme where everyone gives themselves impressive sounding titles.
This guys under 50? Holy shit, wear some sunblock. Plus he looks like he's about to have a heart attack

Top Bottom