• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Puruzi

Banned
Makes you wonder how characters like the Gessen and other Hebijo students will be portrayed in a potential Senran Kagura 3.
Or they just flat out ignore them and just make a story between Deep Crimson and Shinovi Versus.

I want the numbered games to ignore the other schools and focus only on Hanzo and the Crimson Squad.

Genuine question, this series used to have a serious story? Honestly that's really hard to imagine after being introduced to it by Estival Versus.

All I cared about with this game was the action and I'm really loving all the sword/dagger based characters, especially Rin cause her speed is absolutely insane. So in that regard I got my money's worth and then some.

I actually did finish up the main storyline a few days ago. But as I've said before, I had 0 expectations story wise to begin with, so it was okay, I guess. That being said, I'm finding the individual story missions for each character to be a lot more entertaining than that bon dance whatever thingy that they had going on with the main story. I've only done a few of this shinobi girls missions but thus far, I've managed to get a good laugh out of Yumi and Ikaruga's.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, 3DS = the "main" story, while Sony consoles = "side" stories.

If anything, it reminds me of how Persona 4 kind of amps the sillier traits of characters (i.e Chie's love for meat) for stuff like Arena/Ultimax & DAN.

I want the numbered games to ignore the other schools and focus only on Hanzo and the Crimson Squad.

That is also my wish but the sad truth is that Marvelous won't exclude Gessen, New Hebi and the Mikagura sistes ever again. Hell, at this point is unlikely there wil be a SK3

Well shit, I finally got around to playing more of EV the other day and left if in rest mode, and saw after my last save that it keeps the playtime going even when the game is suspended. I usually like to keep track of how long I play a game for so this is kind of irritating...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
SK characters to be DLC for Valkyrie Drive to celebrate its EU & US release? SK HD Collection of SK Burst & 2 re-released with better framerates?

Also holy crap, the series started one day after my 20th birthday.

SK characters to be DLC for Valkyrie Drive to celebrate its EU & US release? SK HD Collection of SK Burst & 2 re-released with better framerates?

Estival Versus PC version?

...Burst PC version? I mean, Marv/Xseed did just ship a PC version of a seven year old Wii game today...

Actually, some people think there's a good chance of Valkyrie Drive characters being added to EV.

For some reason.

ShinMaruku

Makes you wonder how characters like the Gessen and other Hebijo students will be portrayed in a potential Senran Kagura 3.
Or they just flat out ignore them and just make a story between Deep Crimson and Shinovi Versus.

Well the love Yumi, so there's that,

Demoskinos

The main series on the 3DS have legitimate stories.

The Playstation games are far more silly.

Genuine question, this series used to have a serious story? Honestly that's really hard to imagine after being introduced to it by Estival Versus.

All I cared about with this game was the action and I'm really loving all the sword/dagger based characters, especially Rin cause her speed is absolutely insane. So in that regard I got my money's worth and then some.

I actually did finish up the main storyline a few days ago. But as I've said before, I had 0 expectations story wise to begin with, so it was okay, I guess. That being said, I'm finding the individual story missions for each character to be a lot more entertaining than that bon dance whatever thingy that they had going on with the main story. I've only done a few of this shinobi girls missions but thus far, I've managed to get a good laugh out of Yumi and Ikaruga's.

Eh, Shinovi Versus was a bit more serious than Estival Versus was. The Hebijo and Crimson story lines especially.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I beat the main part of Estival Versus and I'm currently going through the girl's side stories. They are hilarious.

I only have played Shinovi Versus a little bit and I plan on 100%ing Estival Versus. Only disappointed in that I felt it should have had a little bit more unlockables and customization. I also heard the DLC wasn't worth it.

Should I buy the first game? Is it worth it? I didn't even realize it was only released digitally.

I have Senran Kagura 2 which I got on sale from Best Buy for cheap, but I still haven't played it.

Puruzi

Banned
I beat the main part of Estival Versus and I'm currently going through the girl's side stories. They are hilarious.

I only have played Shinovi Versus a little bit and I plan on 100%ing Estival Versus. Only disappointed in that I felt it should have had a little bit more unlockables and customization. I also heard the DLC wasn't worth it.

Should I buy the first game? Is it worth it? I didn't even realize it was only released digitally.

I have Senran Kagura 2 which I got on sale from Best Buy for cheap, but I still haven't played it.

If you care about the main story buy and play the first game. If you don't, don't bother. It's fun but the other games in the series are better, especially SK2 which is the best game in the series imo

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Should I buy the first game? Is it worth it?

I played Shinovi Versus before SK1 Burst came out in English, and had a hard time getting into it. The game is more simplistic and has some pretty bad framerate issues. I'd just watch the SK anime series, if you want some version of the story, and play SK2 instead.

Trojita

I ended up buying the first game lol. Yeah the framerate and picture quality can be pretty bad at times. I'm enjoying the story though and getting to know the characters.

Wonder if I'll rebuy Shinovi Versus this time on PC, back when I was playing it on my Vita as my first SK game I couldn't get into it.

New Senran Kagura game announced
for Pachinko

unknown.png

Eolz

Maybe we are finally getting the real ninja game with the girls after graduation? We have 4 games with them as students so I think it would be adequate to change now.

Can't see a full adult game yet, but maybe some time travel or multiple timelines? Lol

Trojita

I wouldn't mind actually getting a male ninja in the game. Would be funny to see if their transformations were the same. The transformation causes their dong in a thong to bounce.

I still have problems with suspension of disbelief in this series. All the good side male ninjas we know of are retired (Hanzo, Kiriya). The good side students have been exclusively girls for at least the last 3 years (Ikaruga mentions not interacting with boys but her father and brother). The elite class in at Hebijo is exclusively girls. All the lesser ninjas fought are girls.

Just did the mission for Haruka where they directly acknowledge Hebijo has male ninjas in the lesser classes.

Also the whole good ninja vs. evil ninja thing is so dumb lol. Apparently this world exists where the government always has the best intentions. Homura's backstory was dumb as shit too. The good ninja world has no acknowledgement of self defense?

I know this game is all about the fanservice....

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I wouldn't mind actually getting a male ninja in the game. Would be funny to see if their transformations were the same. The transformation causes their dong in a thong to bounce.

I take it you never played SK2 on 3DS?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
2 feels better on the sole fact the frame rate is muuccchhh better if I recall.

.....I need to go back to 2, especially since I bought all the DLC but only played one stage of the shmup stuff.

I've been slowly finishing the side stories in EV so I can finally go for the Platinum.

Since I'm a new fan to the series, I've been kinda wondering, how long does it usually takes for Marvelous to announce/release new entries in the series? Is there any real hope for an announcement at TGS, or am I setting myself up for disappointment?

I'll probably try to A rank the missions on Hard difficulty after getting the Platinum but still would love to see the next game in the series as soon as possible. (I'm mostly worried that they might skip PS4 and go handheld exclusive again)

I would be totally okay with another Onechanbara too. Really loved both Estival Versus and Onechanbara Z2 Chaos

P.S: Speaking of EV, how do you taunt in that game? I've seen the game mention the taunt giving you bonus stuff but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it,

I've been slowly finishing the side stories in EV so I can finally go for the Platinum.

Since I'm a new fan to the series, I've been kinda wondering, how long does it usually takes for Marvelous to announce/release new entries in the series? Is there any real hope for an announcement at TGS, or am I setting myself up for disappointment?
Takaki teased an announcement for the 5th anniversary of the series in September!

Top Bottom