• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Series X|S Parity Clause Changed: BG3 coming to Xbox this year, no split screen coop for Series S

Draugoth

Gold Member
Baldur's Gate 3 Xbox Release Date is moving foward. The game will feature cross-progresison between Steam and Xbox.

Super happy to confirm that after meeting @XboxP3 yesterday, we’ve found a solution that allows us to bring Baldur’s Gate 3 to Xbox players this year still, something we’ve been working towards for quite some time.
All improvements will be there, with split-screen coop on Series X. Series S will not feature split-screen coop, but will also include cross-save progression between Steam and Xbox Series.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Flood gates just opened, good move Microsoft. With this the door opens to have current gen games not have the albatros around their neck that is series S.

Unknown?

Seems like the most obvious choice. I can't imagine more than 100 people would honestly use this feature. I mean that sincerely.
No but now more and more games will be losing features on the S. By the end of the gen I'm sure it'll be fairly common, in fact, to have stuff that just won't work on it.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I guess now I just wait to see witch subscription service gets it first. That’s when I will likely play it. Not being a physical copy on console will prevent me from buying it for a while. So next year was always going to be when I played it anyways.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Coop is huge for this game so its a considerable loss, but still better than not releasing at all indeed.
Is there online co-op? I can't even think of many games that have split screen at all today. I always thought it was kind of a bizarre fixation for this team.

NeonDelta

First forza now BG3 if this cross progression with steam ends up across the board then I might have to get an xbox again. All we need now is Gamepass on steam

Top Bottom