• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Engineers Helping Get Baldur's Gate 3 Split-Screen Working on Xbox Series S

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
No, they said within 2023 so in the next 3~ months. Putting it out day and date with Starfield will be a deathnail for the game on Xbox.

My bad. What I was asking is, since the game "isn't" coming out day and date; doesn't that show the parity clause was in effect? Meaning Larian couldn't put the game out without splitscreen on XSS, but with splitscreen on XSX. That's a change that Phil has just executed for BG3.

But it's not the tone that Phil was using or verbally saying on the IGN interview.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I don't doubt the Series S will get the split screen eventually.

Games like Dying Light 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 launched without the 60 FPS performance mode on Series S, which was patched into them a few months later. Despite DF etc saying the cut makes sense.

bender

What time is it?
It's probably worded that way cause they can't put a date on it, since the game was just announced for xbox a day ago.

Or they have no confidence that they can overcome the hurdles of getting that mode running on the Series S. But hey, we tried.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Or they have no confidence that they can overcome the hurdles of getting that mode running on the Series S. But hey, we tried.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom