• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Series X|S Parity Clause Changed: BG3 coming to Xbox this year, no split screen coop for Series S

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
More like your post should exist since it has no merit. Honestly mods should probably just ban everyone who runs into a series S thread to say this, since it's meaningless at this point. It exists, people like it, they sell games for it, it's going to be sold for years to come. It's time to move on.

My opinion stands. Get used to seeing it on this forum. Don't like it? Hit the ignore button.

Cross progression with Steam?

Twice GIF

MarkMe2525

Damn this is surprising, I fully expected them to hold their ground on this. I can't fault them for wanting to have a more flexible stance on the parity between their two consoles.

I would like to know if this was a one time exception, or a blanket policy going forward. While they have only run up on this issue once, I can imagine a world were in a few years time, we may get a handful of games per year that don't have feature parity between the Series consoles. That is of course, if this turns out to their new policy on the required parity.

MarkMe2525

But..... He created the parity clause in the first case.
Yeah, but it's easy to see why that was their stance to begin with. As long as it was feasible, it made sense from a marketing perspective. Only time will tell if this becomes a more frequent occurrence. That would not be too fun for a Series S only gamer.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yeah, but it's easy to see why that was their stance to begin with. As long as it was feasible, it made sense from a marketing perspective. Only time will tell if this becomes a more frequent occurrence. That would not be too fun for a Series S only gamer.
That's the problem it was always a marketing scam. Many of us said this 4 years ago.

Kataploom

Gold Member
The feature is still coming to Series S BTW, I read it on Twitter but don't have the tweets right now. What they said was it was taking a lot more than they can allow themselves to implement so they'll take their time.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It was never going to compete with it. Starfield was always going to murder it. If anything, MS did them a kindness to get more sales later.

I think In Cold Blood In Cold Blood also said in a different thread that in a podcast today or yesterday, Schrier said they have the xbox version ready but just pausing for Starfield. This news and them confirming the version will still be released later this year kinda proves that point.

FeralEcho

This is hilarious,I mean its a good move but this shouldnt have taken so long to make this decision.Imagine being these engineers right now....They worked for months on making that shit work to kust give up and say yeah no we'll just not have co-op on Series S.Does that mean that team is fired? I mean they literally failed.

FrankWza

More like your post should exist since it has no merit. Honestly mods should probably just ban everyone who runs into a series S thread to say this, since it's meaningless at this point. It exists, people like it, they sell games for it, it's going to be sold for years to come. It's time to move on.
They promised something highlighted in this post by heisenberg 007. People believed it so they bought it. Selling millions on a promise doesn't legitimize a product. Delivering on it does. They made a parity mandate and they have now had to drop that.
#NeverForget

wTlskgN.jpg

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
They promised something highlighted in this post by heisenberg 007. People believed it so they bought it. Selling millions on a promise doesn't legitimize a product. Delivering on it does. They made a parity mandate and they have now had to drop that.
One might say there was never parity. Again, what features would need to be considered feature parity. Series S doesn’t hit the same resolution, and sometimes doesn’t have the same display options. Like how some games don’t even offer a performance mode on the Series S version.

This is good news for me though.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
This is hilarious,I mean its a good move but this shouldnt have taken so long to make this decision.Imagine being these engineers right now....They worked for months on making that shit work to kust give up and say yeah no we'll just not have co-op on Series S.Does that mean that team is fired? I mean they literally failed.
I didn’t read that it won’t have split screen co-op, only that it will launch without it, meaning likely patched in later so MS can continue to make the parity claim.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots

Like fox said in his post, I don't think anyone really expected 100% feature parity, nor has there been from day 1. (Ray tracing in some games) The key point here being is the end user unhappy (doesnt seem like it) or are a bunch of people just trying to throw stones?

Last edited:
elmo-fire.gif

Guess those Xbox engineers can go back home now.
Seems Microsoft engineers aren't able to fit a round peg into a square hole, no matter how hard they try. And the usual shills here thought that wouldn't be the case.

If only people had warned them here...

Animated GIF

Seems Microsoft engineers aren't able to fit a round peg into a square hole, no matter how hard they try. And the usual shills here thought that wouldn't be the case.

If only people had warned them here...

Animated GIF

Maybe they should have sent them the actors from that Apollo movie?

Or better yet those robots controlled by Apollo from Alien Isolation.

Top Bottom