• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law |OT| A Lawyer Show

Tams

jA4xuw8.gif
Martin Lawrence Underwear GIF by Martin

John Bilbo

If it were not a single OutrageTuber would dare say anything negative about it or else her Little Monsters will hunt them down and they’d post a video crying about how Gaga’s fans are being mean to them.
How little are the monsters and do they also twerk or

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
A bit strange coming from you since you form your opinions from watching John Campea.

But surely you can have a feel for how something will turn out before you watch it, right? From everything that I’ve seen from The Rings of Power, for example, it was clear that it would be a disaster of a Tolkien-based show. This was confirmed when I watched it.

I like quite a few of the MCU movies - Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, GotG, Infinity War, the last Spider-Man movie. Most of the MCU movies are crap but there’s a few good ones in there.

Star Wars was before my time but I like the original trilogy well enough. Anything after that can be thrown in the trash.

Re-read what I said dude... LMBO! How the FUCK do I get my opinions from someone whom I only found LAST YEAR and like stuff he doesn't? Two people can like the same thing and those same two people, one can like a thing and the other doesn't. I watch things and have my own opinion... I disagree with his takes ALL THE TIME! Doesn't change the fact I watch things for myself. Plus he isn't the only one on the show. I like to know how other people thought of the things I watch. One thing he hasn't reviewed (far as I know) is The Man Who Fell to Earth with Chiwetel Ejiofor... I LOVED that series! He doesn't watch Doctor Who and I love the series! I've seen PLENTY he hasn't watched or at least stuff I haven't seen his opinion on and either liked or disliked it. I think he's an idiot for not watching the rest of the I Am Groot shorts because he didn't just wait til the morning for them all to come out.

And I've been wrong plenty of times if I thought the movie or show wouldn't be good... Or vice versa...

I'm old enough to remember the original trilogy when it came out. Good times. Not the prequels or episodes 8 and 9. They did Fin, Poe, Kelly Tran's character, Leia, Luke, Chewey, etc DIRTY!

Ulysses 31

He likes to post that video like it's a gotcha or something ignoring the context of it. :messenger_winking_tongue:

TL: DR: it's part of a video where he misspoke about The Force Awakens made by someone who he later made his manager for his YT channel. He even admits there's actual footage of him praising TLJ shortly after TLJ released if people really want ammo against him.

Last edited:

Doom85

He likes to post that video like it's a gotcha or something ignoring the context of it. :messenger_winking_tongue:

TL: DR: it's part of a video where he misspoke about The Force Awakens made by someone who he later made his manager for his YT channel.

Ah, I see. Though, hilarious how he calls people stupid and ignorant…..on a video where he couldn’t keep the movie titles straight. Seriously, how do you say “I love ____” and not realize what you said? If I said “I love Alien 3” when I meant to say Aliens, I would catch it soon after I said it.

Also, don’t really respect someone who can’t give a proper review on a film on release. Kinda defeats the point of a review, doesn’t it?

”Guys, Alien Covenant was a great movie! You should go see it. Now!”

season 4 episode 10 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

“Uh, actually guys, Alien Covenant sucked. I know it’s pointless to say now long after most of you have decided to watch it or not, but there it is! And no, this has nothing to do with licking the balls of the algorithm!”

Also, his comments section, Geezus. You know, I frequently clarify that most TLJ haters are normal people with normal lives…..but unfortunately, the remainder are toxic assholes who mock and belittle those who disagree with them or worse (I’ve referenced several times in the past the person who earnestly told me to commit suicide due to me liking TLJ). But his comments section is filled with people who stereotype ALL TLJ fans as assholes who attack anyone who disagrees.

Politics Sigh GIF

Also based on his tweets, sounds like Jeremy downplays, if not outright denies, how Kelly Marie Tran was harassed on social media. Also classy, especially after Jar Jar Bunks’ actor spoke out about his suicidal depression for a year, and then, EVERYTHING that happened to Jake Lloyd. But hey, I’m sure the toxic side of the Star Wars fandom is totally better these days……right?

50 cent laughing GIF

Ulysses 31

Ah, I see. Though, hilarious how he calls people stupid and ignorant…..on a video where he couldn’t keep the movie titles straight. Seriously, how do you say “I love ____” and not realize what you said? If I said “I love Alien 3” when I meant to say Aliens, I would catch it soon after I said it.

Also, don’t really respect someone who can’t give a proper review on a film on release. Kinda defeats the point of a review, doesn’t it?

”Guys, Alien Covenant was a great movie! You should go see it. Now!”

season 4 episode 10 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

“Uh, actually guys, Alien Covenant sucked. I know it’s pointless to say now long after most of you have decided to watch it or not, but there it is! And no, this has nothing to do with licking the balls of the algorithm!”

Also, his comments section, Geezus. You know, I frequently clarify that most TLJ haters are normal people with normal lives…..but unfortunately, the remainder are toxic assholes who mock and belittle those who disagree with them or worse (I’ve referenced several times in the past the person who earnestly told me to commit suicide due to me liking TLJ). But his comments section is filled with people who stereotype ALL TLJ fans as assholes who attack anyone who disagrees.

Politics Sigh GIF

Also based on his tweets, sounds like Jeremy downplays, if not outright denies, how Kelly Marie Tran was harassed on social media. Also classy, especially after Jar Jar Bunks’ actor spoke out about his suicidal depression for a year, and then, EVERYTHING that happened to Jake Lloyd. But hey, I’m sure the toxic side of the Star Wars fandom is totally better these days……right?

50 cent laughing GIF
It's possible that he could be lying but without any great examples of him doing so, I'll assume he's not. He's in a better position to say what the source of the video is as the employer of the creator of that video.

Is there any example of Kelly Marie Tran saying it was social media driving her away and not her work environment and regular media saying stuff like she should suppress her accent and change her behaviour?

The Jar Jar actor is on record saying that it's wasn't so much the fans bullying him, it was the media. He was getting lots of applause at fan conventions and stuff.

ManaByte

Gold Member
It's possible that he could be lying but without any great examples of him doing so, I'll assume he's not. He's in a better position to say what the source of the video is as the employer of the creator of that video.

He also Tweeted about how he liked TLJ (but hated BVS, which would get him killed by the audience he now caters to).

ManaByte

Gold Member
Is there any example of Kelly Marie Tran saying it was social media driving her away and not her work environment and regular media saying stuff like she should suppress her accent and change her behaviour?
Yea it's not like people didn't make one-hour videos of them destroying her action figure or anything.

Ulysses 31

He also Tweeted about how he liked TLJ (but hated BVS, which would get him killed by the audience he now caters to).
Wouldn't that tweet be better for your point than that the video you posted earlier? Or did he delete it?

Either way, one can buy into hype and get a more truthful perspective once it's died down.
Yea it's not like people didn't make one-hour videos of them destroying her action figure or anything.

Again, if you got a quote from her saying it's because of social media, it would strengthen your argument. And I think it's a bit leap to think Kelly Marie Tran is aware of those kinds of YT videos. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

It's in the video you're dismissing. Or did you not watch that either?
I skipped till he started defending himself and I even mention that he brings up that there's material where he genuinely praises TLJ.

How am I dismissing the video I bring up as an explanation for a short video sniping him?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

The Jar Jar actor is on record saying that it's wasn't so much the fans bullying him, it was the media. He was getting lots of applause at fan conventions and stuff.

https://www.insider.com/kelly-marie-tran-racist-sexist-trolls-social-media-2021-3

Ulysses 31

It felt like I was just hearing the voice of my agents and my publicity team and all of these people telling me what to say and what to do and how to feel. And I realized, I didn’t know how I felt anymore. And I didn’t remember why I was in this in the first place.

“Any time that happens, I have to close up shop and go away for a while and really interact in the real world — read books and journal and go on hikes and look at a tree and remind myself that there was a fire that burned inside of me before Star Wars, before any of this. And I needed to find that again.

If you got a quote of her saying it was because of racists/trolls, feel free to quote those. Plenty or articles like to clickbait by saying it was trolls/racists.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
If you got a quote of her saying it was because of racists/trolls, feel free to quote those. Plenty or articles like to clickbait by saying it was trolls/racists.

It's odd you skipped past this paragraph pertaining to her Star Wars experience:

"Tran says the whole experience felt like she “fell in love very publicly and then very publicly had an embarrassingly horrible breakup.” She leaned on her tight-knit pre-fame circle of friends, including the members of her all-Asian American female improv troupe Number One Son, and went to therapy, where she learned, “If someone doesn’t understand me or my experience, it shouldn’t be my place to have to internalize their misogyny or racism or all of the above. Maybe they just don’t have the imagination to understand that there are different types of people living in the world.”"

WookiePedia was hacked by trolls who put up racist and misogynist things on her page, she got TONS of harassment on her social media pages, it was widely reported the harassment she got which included racist comments (it was even on HERE calling her " that fat Asian ")

You act like ALL of this is made up...

Q7Rp0HP.jpg
OH727L7.jpg
OTfqybs.jpg
wUMN7Wz.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
It's odd you skipped past this paragraph pertaining to her Star Wars experience:

"Tran says the whole experience felt like she “fell in love very publicly and then very publicly had an embarrassingly horrible breakup.” She leaned on her tight-knit pre-fame circle of friends, including the members of her all-Asian American female improv troupe Number One Son, and went to therapy, where she learned, “If someone doesn’t understand me or my experience, it shouldn’t be my place to have to internalize their misogyny or racism or all of the above. Maybe they just don’t have the imagination to understand that there are different types of people living in the world.”"

WookiePedia was hacked by trolls who put up racist and misogynist things on her page, she got TONS of harassment on her social media pages, it was widely reported the harassment she got which included racist comments (it was even on HERE calling her " that fat Asian ")

Q7Rp0HP.jpg
OH727L7.jpg
OTfqybs.jpg
wUMN7Wz.jpg
All fake of course.

Ulysses 31

Q7Rp0HP.jpg
OH727L7.jpg
OTfqybs.jpg
wUMN7Wz.jpg
You moving goalposts a bit, I never said she never got online harassment, every public figure does.

The claim was she was affected so much by it that she disabled her accounts while she herself says that was more a result of her work environment.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
she herself says that was more a result of her work environment.
Disingenuous much?

"If someone doesn't understand me or my experience, it shouldn't be my place to have to internalize their misogyny or racism or all of the above," she said. "Maybe they just don't have the imagination to understand that there are different types of people living in the world."

Unless you're trying to argue that Kathleen Kenney is a racist misogynist (although I'm sure someone has tried to make that argument), she's referencing the stuff above and not her "work environment"

Ulysses 31

Disingenuous much?

Unless you're trying to argue that Kathleen Kenney is a racist misogynist (although I'm sure someone has tried to make that argument), she's referencing the stuff above and not her "work environment"

Her own words what made her quit her online presence:

It felt like I was just hearing the voice of my agents and my publicity team and all of these people telling me what to say and what to do and how to feel. And I realized, I didn’t know how I felt anymore. And I didn’t remember why I was in this in the first place.

“Any time that happens, I have to close up shop and go away for a while and really interact in the real world — read books and journal and go on hikes and look at a tree and remind myself that there was a fire that burned inside of me before Star Wars, before any of this. And I needed to find that again.

So yeah, her agents and PR team telling her how to feel and act all the time.

Last edited:

daffyduck

It's a comedy though and this guy is reviewing it like it's supposed to be representative high drama that should speak to men everywhere.

Yes it's nodding to woke femininity but as a comedy not taking itself seriously
which I think is not soo bad and certainly not worthy of visceral hate unless youre uber insecure yourself.
(snipped for brevity)

So if they instead had written the Hulk as being "better at being a superhero than a women" etc., you'd have no problem with it?

You wouldn't be among the inevitable cries of "Incel! Misogynist! Dog whistle! Gaslighting!"?

edit: can't believe I forgot gaslighting

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Her own words what made her quit her online presence:

So yeah, her agents and PR team telling her how to feel and act all the time.

Dude... Her agents and PR team telling her "don't sweat it" "you don't have to be upset" ... That's gaslighting POC get ALL THE TIME when dealing with racism/misogyny... It's a direct line from her harassment to her shutting down her SM! She didn't want to be told how to feel or think about the HARASSMENT happening to her!

OMG! The privilege!

Ulysses 31

Dude... Her agents and PR team telling her "don't sweat it" "you don't have to be upset" ... That's gaslighting POC get ALL THE TIME when dealing with racism/misogyny... It's a direct line from her harassment to her shutting down her SM! She didn't want to be told how to feel or think about the HARASSMENT happening to her!

OMG! The privilege!
So it still sounds like her agents and PR team were making things worse for her leading her to quit SM.

Marvel14

Banned
(snipped for brevity)

So if they instead had written the Hulk as being "better at being a superhero than a women" etc., you'd have no problem with it?

You wouldn't be among the inevitable cries of "Incel! Misogynist! Dog whistle! Gaslighting!"?

edit: can't believe I forgot gaslighting
But that's been the overriding message for decades on the basis that men are stronger both physically and in terms of character. I've enjoyed Superhero movies since the original Superman and I had no problem with their portrayals of gender because they're of their time and still represent valid portrayals.

But can you imagine the anger nowadays at sexualised Michelle Pfiefer and Uma Thurman as if their main superpower is being femme fatales to entrap men or the original Louis Lane being a journalist unable to spell in order to dumb her down?

What I hate is the constant criticism, putting down and cancelling of everything because people are just looking for how they can be most offended. And men moaning about an empowered She Hulk in a self referential comedy after plenty of movies about empowered men is a little bit sad.

Instead we should all be offended by the quality of the She Hulk's CGI cuz it's pretty bad.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Wow we really need a new episode to get back on track lol. But I'll join in, why not:
  • What happened to Tran is a travesty and anyone with sense will recognize that. She was harassed by a hateful mob of misogynistic and racist losers that harass people because they have no joy in their own lives. It was basically 4chan and Kiwifarms turbo virgins going at her in their typical sad tribal ways
  • That said, I hated TLJ because it was a poorly written movie with a stupid plot and cast Luke Skywalker off with the old, overused, and boring "He was once a great hero but now he's a hermit" trope. It also concluded in a manner that the story felt dead-ended in every single way (and it showed with how they had to try and fix it in Rise')
  • I like Rey a lot, Mary Sue elements and all, sue me
  • While I don't think it was a slight against Boyega personally (as he seems to take it), I think Finn should have been given a larger role by the writers. He was one of the first new characters we were introduced to, he was incredibly likeable, and it seemed as though he was supposed to be a new Jedi
  • If you're calling Kathleen Kennedy, a person who was always in the upper echelons of society and wealth a "femanazi" (what an embarrassing term to use unironically BTW) you've lost the plot. She is not trying to make some kind of political statement or change the world. She's rich and she merely wants to keep getting richer and make her friends richer by making stupid inoffensive shit for us and more importantly our children to watch - while possibly also buying toys and video games. She is a perfect example of a completely neutral capitalist walking the line

But hey an animated woman twerking with a rapper is a really big deal right?!?! Like how is society ever going to recover? I just don't know. We're all in a shambles because a woman shaked her ass. Dear me, oh woe.

sol_bad

How can anyone throw so much hate at that twerking scene when you see how much fun they are having on set. That's what these movies and shows are about, fun.
Jesus, my mum is 66 years old and she laughed at the scene.
Are all these men seriously more "offended" than my mother? Come on.

• While I don't think it was a slight against Boyega personally (as he seems to take it), I think Finn should have been given a larger role by the writers. He was one of the first new characters we were introduced to, he was incredibly likeable, and it seemed as though he was supposed to be a new Jedi
  • If you're calling Kathleen Kennedy, a person who was always in the upper echelons of society and wealth a "femanazi" (what an embarrassing term to use unironically BTW) you've lost the plot. She is not trying to make some kind of political statement or change the world. She's rich and she merely wants to keep getting richer and make her friends richer by making stupid inoffensive shit for us and more importantly our children to watch - while possibly also buying toys and video games. She is a perfect example of a completely neutral capitalist walking the line

But hey an animated woman twerking with a rapper is a really big deal right?!?! Like how is society ever going to recover? I just don't know. We're all in a shambles because a woman shaked her ass. Dear me, oh woe.

Two quick things about those 2 points.
1: I'm sure people will want to murder me for saying this but I don't think Finn was treated any differently in episode 9 than how Han was treated in episode 6. They're both just there to help complete the mission. Neither of them have any grand character arcs.
2: Something I've noticed, the people that are hating on Star Wars are the same people now hating on the current MCU. You know what the difference is though, with Star Wars they are constantly bringing up Kathleen Kennedy as the person who is fucking up Star Wars, but with the MCU they neve mention Kevin Feige. I wonder why that is ....... hmmmmmm.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

It was the whole thing. Her team was just the cherry on top.
That's not how she worded it in the bit I quoted.
She even stopped acting for a while because of the harassment from "fans"
So you got a quote where she says she quit because of fans? Outlets say it was because of toxic fans but I haven't seen her say that directly.

It was probably a factor, I'm sure but was it the straw that broke the camel's back is what I remain unconvinced of.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
with Star Wars they are constantly bringing up Kathleen Kennedy as the person who is fucking up Star Wars, but with the MCU they neve mention Kevin Feige. I wonder why that is ....... hmmmmmm.

They also keep posting that "Force is Female" picture of her to try to push their narrative...without the context that it had NOTHING to do with Star Wars and was a Nike Air Force promo she took part of. I wonder why they don't include that context...hmmmm

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
That's not how she worded it in the bit I quoted.

So you got a quote where she says she quit because of fans? Outlets say it was because of toxic fans but I haven't seen her say that directly.

It was probably a factor, I'm sure but was it the straw that broke the camel's back is what I remain unconvinced of.

See what you want, kiddo. You obviously don't get it and when I point it out CLEAR as day, you still don't want to see it.

All good. I just won't engage with you on this anymore.

pramod

Banned
Anyone still watching this?
4 episodes in and im getting a weird vibe from the show. Its almost like the actors have this weird look on their faces "i know this show is terrible and im embarassed to be in it but hey what can you do?"

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
What a fantastic episode. Madisynn is the best! I was cracking up the entire time. And who the hell would rate Tatiana Maslany a 6?!

Last edited:
Top Bottom