• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law |OT| A Lawyer Show

RAÏSanÏa

The pose she gives at the end of her testimony looks like MCU witch casting and she's wearing what looks like a sliver Moon pendant or an eclipse.

The follow up questions were about emotion state not the physical danger of being in fire land.

Great question. -_-

at first it was fun(Dorothy?)
then scary
(lave pit?)
then fun again
(follow the fire brick road?)

then spooky but in a fun way. (Pact?)
hlemzKJ.png

taizuke

And what a jack ass at the end, who would run out like that on the real Jen. Both versions of Jen are hawt.

From our perspective is easy to judge him because we're the viewer and see Jen as a real catch but from his POV he just spent the night with one woman only to wake up to another that's supposedly the same person. I think that was to much to handle for him and that's why he bailed. Maybe later he'll realize his mistake (which i think is completely understandable) and apologize to her.

Granted, this is me giving him the benefit of the doubt assuming he's a good guy and didn't have an ulterior motive.

Last edited:

wondermega

I don't mean to say that the show needs to be realistic -- I'm just pointing out that the writing in this episode was lazy and contrived. I agree there are lots of Tinder horror stories -- so why not do something truly interesting and awful then? It would make for much better television.

As far as the tone of the show -- I totally agree. I like the laid back comedic tone of the show (and why I'm still watching). That's why it bothered me how contrived and unnecessary everything in this episode was. It all just felt so forced and out of place. You don't need cameos and phase 5 references being shoehorned into every episode. I'm also fine with a show taking a political stance -- but it also feels super disingenuous to trumpet feminism while lazily misrepresenting the reality of something like modern dating nearly every episode. It was present in the previous episodes, but maybe I've just had enough.

I would have no issues with this show, even as a female-empowerment narrative (which, it kind of has to be given the whole "She" of it all), if it had better writing.

But hey, maybe I'm not the target audience for this.
You're not wrong, overall the writing feels like an afterthought for this show. It feels pretty tacked-on. At least some of the jokes are improving..

sol_bad

Fun new episode. I was hoping to see Titania and She-Hulk actually fight but I was still very entertained.
I liked that Nikki and Pug got some screen time together, I liked their little side quest of getting Jen new clothes.

And yeah, Jameela JamIl was right, her character is annoying and you do want to slap her in the face. Damn, she hot though. LOL

Last edited:
5 episodes in and her biggest fight was against some randoms in the street to show that women cant walk alone at night without being assaulted by a bunch of cis males.

Ulysses 31

This show is horseshit, how can anyone stand this cringe feminist girl-empowering propaganda? Holy shit

The first episode was already loaded with heavy girls good men bad moments, besides portraying she hulk as a better at everything than Bruce.

This show belongs to a trashfire.

If we're seeing the improved version, I wonder how the original version was like... 👀

If we're seeing the improved version, I wonder how the original version was like... 👀

Jesus, really? After that ep5 I'm starting to think that Arrow Season 4 is no longer the worst TV I've ever seen. It's almost a tie between Inhumans and this show. The writing is abysmal.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I mean I’ve been trying to like this show I really wanted to like this but every episode is some caricature of a man doing or saying something 99% of men wouldn’t do or say or some rant about something a man maybe would have done or said back in the 50s.

Though like every other Disney + show the last episode will be some form of actual tie into the real thought out mcu plot.

Trunx81

The show ja comedy, so I just assume that every “empowering” scene is comedy as well. Makes watching it a lot more funny. I mean, come on: The last courtroom scene with her dates? Hilarious! That’s cartoon shit level, so bad, it’s actually good.

sol_bad

He's interviewed actors and directors so probably unverified claims made by industry insiders.

Then please explain why Ms. Marvel finished primary filming before She-Hulk started it's primary filming.

Ms. Marvel filming in November 2020.
https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ms-marvel-production-update-2/
https://www.justjared.com/2020/11/19/iman-vellani-suits-up-as-ms-marvel-in-more-first-look-photos/

She-Hulk filming in April 2021.
https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1169307-she-hulk-series-has-begun-filming

Think logically and think about time line, if She-Hulk was meant to release first, why would it be filmed after Ms. Marvel, especially with it's heavy CGI usage with Bruce and Jen.

Why does he need proof?
The Twitter court has often made decisions by simply "believing" certain individuals.

If anyone believes anyone without proper sources they are an idiot. And based on how much shit Critical Drinker puts on the industry, I doubt he has many connections. Yes, he has done some interviews but they seem to be individuals with very low clout in the industry. No idea how he scored the interview with Adill and Bilall since he loves shitting on their work.

Last edited:

///PATRIOT

Banned
Fun new episode. I was hoping to see Titania and She-Hulk actually fight but I was still very entertained.
I liked that Nikki and Pug got some screen time together, I liked their little side quest of getting Jen new clothes.

And yeah, Jameela JamIl was right, her character is annoying and you do want to slap her in the face. Damn, she hot though. LOL
I like the show but:

Todays She-Hulk episode brought to by Halle Berry's Catwoman.

Her nemesis sales cosmetics? Again. Really?
Weird.. I was told that there wasn't anything feminist girl boss shoveled up, but only culture war conspiracy nonsense.

Ulysses 31

Then please explain why Ms. Marvel finished primary filming before She-Hulk started it's primary filming.

https://www.justjared.com/2020/11/19/iman-vellani-suits-up-as-ms-marvel-in-more-first-look-photos/

Think logically and think about time line, if She-Hulk was meant to release first, why would it be filmed after Ms. Marvel, especially with it's heavy CGI usage with Bruce and Jen.
How should I know how Marvel handles their filming and broadcasting schedule? It's an interesting question you should be asking him.

ManaByte

The only things that were swapped were Black Widow and Falcon. Originally Black Widow came first, so Elaine showing up in Falcon would’ve been different in context.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
This show continues to be cheerfully irreverent while remaining funny as hell.

They dipped their toes into drama this ep.

Konnor

By now I'm convinced the only thing that keeps people watching this crap is Stockholm syndrome.

Like all of these low quality controversial garbage by season 2 no one will even talk about them. CW and Netflix had a truckload of this kind of shows and they always end up like this, just zombie projects only only kept alive to push an agenda. Fun fact, CW was "sold" for zero dollars because of its massive debt.

AJUMP23

I liked the mr eternity story line. The rest was pretty dumb. The whole shirt ironing but was dumb. It was supposed to be dumb but it wasn’t funny dumb just unreasonable dumb.

sol_bad

I agree and also think The Leader is trying to get Jen's blood. But even if we don't find any of that stuff out I don't care, I'm having un episode to episode, it's making me laugh.
Show is giving me blue balls in regards to the action though.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
“The one for hateful man babies?”

It’s like they’re tossing gasoline on YouTube and laughing all the way.

I googled "Intelligencia Marvel" on a hunch, it gave me a clue as to where they're heading. I doubt we'll actually see them, I guess this was just a nice easter egg for comic readers while also mocking incels, 4chan, etc.

This show is so close to the goofy comics from Marvel (and even DC, like the Justice League West or whatever it was called), the kind where the writers/editors just sort of do whatever they want without refrain or explanation.

Top Bottom