• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey The Official Thread of Minion and Demonica

noonche

Ouroboros
is a dummy-jerk-head. I'm on the law path and there is one attack that he has that wipes two of my strongest party members in one shot :( Everybody is law and they have some sort of fire spell. I can kick out a good chunk of damage while I'm alive, but I can't seem to live through that one attack.

Really enjoying the game. This is probably the first real speed-bump that I've hit; though I guess I have been doing a lot of backtracking, exploring and ex-missions.

Cep

Banned
The review is too harsh and a little inaccurate, but I essentially agree with it.

My first SMT game and I do not think I am even going to finish it.

I hope DS and Nocturne are better, but I do not hold out much hope. Seems like I was right about this series not being for me.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Vamphuntr said:
Wow. Weird they gave good scores to Devil Survivor and Personas.

I do agree with some part though.

This is not really accurate. The demon negotiation is one of the main aspects of the SMT games. Of course it's gonna be similar. In this one alignment had an important part in negotiation. Dialogues are really fun and varied. You also have full moon conversations and conversation when they surrender. They also changed appearances of some demons (shocking). Titania is no longer a fairy with a green skirt and Oberon is well... different.

It's much more like SMT 1 and 2 than Persona and Devil survivor. I think that's the problem with the reviewer. If you are expecting a Persona like narrative and characters interactions you will be disappointed. It's also much more hard (dungeons wise) than Persona 4.

Definitly not as good as Nocturne though. I'm at the final area and will probably beat it soon and would give it more like 8/10.

Unlike the battle system, demon negotiation has barely evolved. And it is still mostly random bullshit rather than engaging dialogue. It could use an overhaul. Though I expect people to defend the stagnation cause Altus can do no wrong.

And those are just recycling DS/SH designs. There is a real disappointing amount of geniunely new stuff, even if it is nice to see some these designs for the first time. And I dont see how its shocking when plenty of the popular demons have multiple designs that are on constant rotation. Survivor had a ton of changed designs (though they werent new either).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Cep said:
The review is too harsh and a little inaccurate, but I essentially agree with it.

My first SMT game and I do not think I am even going to finish it.

I hope DS and Nocturne are better, but I do not hold out much hope. Seems like I was right about this series not being for me.

Shut up and play Devil Survivor you ninny. It worth it alone for the vicious deconstruction of Pokemon (funny cause Pokemon came after SMT starting the whole mon thing).

Cep

Banned
HK-47 said:
Unlike the battle system, demon negotiation has barely evolved. And it is still mostly random bullshit rather than engaging dialogue. It could use an overhaul. Though I expect people to defend the stagnation cause Altus can do no wrong

True, but how exactly do you suggest they fix this?

HK-47 said:
Shut up and play Devil Survivor you ninny. It worth it alone for the vicious deconstruction of Pokemon (funny cause Pokemon came after SMT starting the whole mon thing).

Already in my DS. Love the intro music!

Although the dialogue/translation is sort of painful, but I am always over-critical the first few hours.

Big One

Banned
HK-47 said:
And those are just recycling DS/SH designs. There is a real disappointing amount of geniunely new stuff, even if it is nice to see some these designs for the first time. And I dont see how its shocking when plenty of the popular demons have multiple designs that are on constant rotation. Survivor had a ton of changed designs (though they werent new either).
Survivor has less changed designs than Strange Journey does. What are you talking about? And yeah you are right about the reusing of most of the sprites from Devil Summoner and Soul Hackers, but this is the first time we've ever seen those sprites animated. Strange Journey adds new frames to old sprites, gets Nocturne redesigns and gives them sprites, and has quite a bit of exclusive demons of it's own (mainly the bosses, though). Devil Survivor pretty much completely took from Devil Summoner and Soul Hackers without adding much.

Dresden

Cep said:
True, but how exactly do you suggest they fix this?

Already in my DS. Love the intro music!

Although the dialogue/translation is sort of painful, but I am always over-critical the first few hours.
Yuzu has the best boobs on the DS, man.

Kishgal

Banned
HK-47 said:
Unlike the battle system, demon negotiation has barely evolved. And it is still mostly random bullshit rather than engaging dialogue. It could use an overhaul. Though I expect people to defend the stagnation cause Altus can do no wrong.

Negotiation has evolved a lot since the series inception, with big changes occurring in SMT3 and Raidou 2. It used to be what people seem to love accusing it of in this thread: fairly random. Now the choices make much more sense, especially if you're familiar with the demon's mythological background. I will concede that SMT3 Maniax did introduce a random factor to conversations for some reason (still have no idea why this was done). However, SMT3 added demon-to-demon conversation, and skills like brainwash and smooth talk, and Raidou 2 took it even further with allowing specific demons to participate for a desired effect. SMT3 also added special conversations between demons from the same mythology, which I thought was pretty cool. Strange Journey is absolutely a huge step down from those two games, but it's still at least above the earlier games in terms of effectiveness. And it brings alignment back into the mix, whereas it didn't matter at all in SMT3.

I wouldn't necessarily mind a change; I'm just not sure what else they could do with it. Then again, that's why I don't work for Atlus.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Big One said:
Survivor has less changed designs than Strange Journey does. What are you talking about? And yeah you are right about the reusing of most of the sprites from Devil Summoner and Soul Hackers, but this is the first time we've ever seen those sprites animated. Strange Journey adds new frames to old sprites, gets Nocturne redesigns and gives them sprites, and has quite a bit of exclusive demons of it's own (mainly the bosses, though). Devil Survivor pretty much completely took from Devil Summoner and Soul Hackers without adding much.

The production values on SJ as a mainline were greater than a first time low budget spinoff. Color me shocked. The mainlines always have more demons in quantity than the other branches. And I dont know what game you played, but DS had a ton of first time SMT I&II or DS/SH demons and designs that we hadnt seen. It had very few on the newer designs almost by choice it seemed. I dunno what you are arguing with that. DS also had a handful of new demons for bosses too. But Nocturne craps on both in terms of new demons/designs. Hell I'm pretty sure NINE does, lol.

Dresden

Kishgal said:
I wouldn't necessarily mind a change; I'm just not sure what else they could do with it. Then again, that's why I don't work for Atlus.
The answer is clearly to add Mass Effect style dialog wheels.

[Renegade]
"You better fucking follow me or else, got it Pixie?"

Cep

Banned
Dresden said:

[Renegade]

Magical colored text makes everything okay!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kishgal said:
Negotiation has evolved a lot since the series inception, with big changes occurring in SMT3 and Raidou 2. It used to be what people seem to love accusing it of in this thread: fairly random. Now the choices make much more sense, especially if you're familiar with the demon's mythological background. I will concede that SMT3 Maniax did introduce a random factor to conversations for some reason (still have no idea why this was done). However, SMT3 added demon-to-demon conversation, and skills like brainwash and smooth talk, and Raidou 2 took it even further with allowing specific demons to participate for a desired effect. SMT3 also added special conversations between demons from the same mythology, which I thought was pretty cool. Strange Journey is absolutely a huge step down from those two games, but it's still at least above the earlier games in terms of effectiveness. And it brings alignment back into the mix, whereas it didn't matter at all in SMT3.

Maybe I was looking for more of a SMT3 leap. Are the special convos even in SJ? I remember a hilarious one in one of the Raidou games between Asura and Malahaka about how they are essentially the same god.

Kishgal

Banned
HK-47 said:
The production values on SJ as a mainline were greater than a first time low budget spinoff. Color me shocked. The mainlines always have more demons in quantity than the other branches. And I dont know what game you played, but DS had a ton of first time SMT I&II or DS/SH demons and designs that we hadnt seen. It had very few on the newer designs almost by choice it seemed. I dunno what you are arguing with that. DS also had a handful of new demons for bosses too. But Nocturne craps on both in terms of new demons/designs. Hell I'm pretty sure NINE does, lol.
Strange Journey has several brand new demons, as well as unique redesigns of old demons. It also has more demons than any other game in the entire series by a HUGE amount. SMT3 only had like 180 or so. SJ has over 300.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kishgal said:
Strange Journey has several brand new demons, as well as unique redesigns of old demons. It also has more demons than any other game in the entire series by a HUGE amount. SMT3 only had like 180 or so. SJ has over 300.

Which demons?

Cep

Banned
HK-47 said:
Maybe I was looking for more of a SMT3 leap. Are the special convos even in SJ? I remember a hilarious one in one of the Raidou games between Asura and Malahaka about how they are essentially the same god.

:lol

icarus-daedelus said:
Outdated gameplay, straightforward combat, and boring exploration have nothing to do with social links. These are also problems with the game, not the reviewer... SMT 1 and 2 were early nineties games. It's not unexpected that someone would be upset with gameplay mechanics holding over from the early nineties. But anyone who likes Persona 4 better must do so because of social links, right? lol.

So true.

The dungeons are structured spectacularly, very good design, but they are boring as fuck to go through.

My god, after the first 15-20 minutes, I just want to find a way out.

Less copy-pasta would have been nice.

And the the pacing is just...off.

Big One

Banned
HK-47 said:
Yeah and despite that Strange Journey still added more demons that weren't just taken from Devil Summoner or Soul Hackers. Yes Devil Survivor introduced those demons to American audiences, but how can you fault Strange Journey for something Devil Survivor did and didn't even improve upon it like Strange Journey has? Strange Journey adds quite a lot of Nocturne introduced demons to it's roster giving them full-fledge, nicely drawn animated sprites and reimagines some SMT1 and 2 exclusive demons of it's own (Maya, for example). Basically when it comes to the Demonic Compedium Strange Journey trumps Devil Survivor visually and how much effort it took to produce it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dresden said:

[Renegade]
Dude it like a dialogue list, but now in a wheel!

Brillant, we are so innovative!

Cep

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
butts butts butts

SJ is probably the best remedy to FFXIII that I could have ever taken.

I guess.

I played some Dead Space to wash 13 out of my system, SJ just depressed me.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Big One said:
Yeah and despite that Strange Journey still added more demons that weren't just taken from Devil Summoner or Soul Hackers. Yes Devil Survivor introduced those demons to American audiences, but how can you fault Strange Journey for something Devil Survivor did and didn't even improve upon it like Strange Journey has? Strange Journey adds quite a lot of Nocturne introduced demons to it's roster giving them full-fledge, nicely drawn animated sprites and reimagines some SMT1 and 2 exclusive demons of it's own (Maya, for example). Basically when it comes to the Demonic Compedium Strange Journey trumps Devil Survivor visually and how much effort it took to produce it.

Where did you get that I was faulting SJ? I expected more is all. I didnt expect anything for DS. It just seems they are using DS/SH over new art. I'd actually be interested in knowing which demons are truly new.

Also personally I prefer the 3D models of Nocturne/other PS2 titles to the sprites of SJ.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
icarus-daedelus said:
but... Dead Space is so linear that you follow a literal line for the entire game. :p Wouldn't that be too reminiscent of FFXIII?

Yeah, I dunno, I'm playing Devil Survivor next, as it turns out FP dungeon crawling is not my thing (so I think I'll know to stay the fuck away from Etrian Odyssey now)

You might end up enjoying Nocturne's style of dungeon crawling and world a lot more so dont write it off cause of SJ.

Cep

Banned
icarus-daedelus said:
but... Dead Space is so linear that you follow a literal line for the entire game. :p Wouldn't that be too reminiscent of FFXIII?

Actually, I chose it specifically because of that.

I needed to be reminded that it can be done correctly.

Dragona Akehi said:
butts butts butts

SJ is probably the best remedy to FFXIII that I could have ever taken.

Exactly.

I've personally found Strange Journey, while not as compelling as Nocturne simply due to graphical limitations (and I'd wager that's where most of the "not as good as Nocturne" comes from, it's graphical style did wonders for the setting and story), is everything I wanted it to be. I haven't had as much time to play it as I'd like, but damn if this isn't the most fun I've had with a game in ages. Demon Negotiating is pretty much somewhere between SMT1&2 and Innocent Sin (my personal favorite). As far as the "randomness" goes, it's IS with the Green/Red/Yellow replaced with Law/Chaos/Neutral. Sure, sometimes you need to play with Demons a bit to learn their views, but that's what makes it interesting. If all Demon Negotiating boiled down to is throwing a few Pokeballs, it wouldn't be much of a feature. There aren't THAT many views/attitudes/etc. either, so it is pretty easy to pick up on what a demon likes to hear based on the first few lines they say when you talk to them. I've never been particularly frustrated or starved for demons in my dungeoning either, as I am usually fusioning on the fly to free up space for new demons.

With regard to that review, GS gave Persona PSP a 5.0/10 (http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/persona/index.html), so I think making the old "no social links" quip is more than appropriate. Done right or wrong, GS simply doesn't want any of that "grindan crawlin jrpg nonsense".

Cep said:
Actually, I chose it specifically because of that.

I needed to be reminded that it can be done correctly.

Done correctly and better at hiding it are two completely different things.

Dresden

Devil Survivor is essentially SJ's combat grafted onto a grid for movement... I love SRPGs, and I did beat DS, but it's very tedious at times, especially early on.

And devil auctions were terrible.

I went from Nocturne to FFXIII to Strange Journey. Nocturne probably contributed to how much I hated FFXIII and FFXIII contributed to how much I'm loving Strange Journey.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dresden said:
Devil Survivor is essentially SJ's combat grafted onto a grid for movement... I love SRPGs, and I did beat DS, but it's very tedious at times, especially early on.

And devil auctions were terrible.

Eh, field magics, increased importance of agility and luck and the lack of instant death make it pretty different. Outside of Wendigo and Beldr, DS is pretty straight forward. It could have used better designed protection missions. Nothing was near as bullshit as Eridanus or Disaster Cycle was. unless you were trying for Gin's path, which I still havent managed to get right. I like the mission and time structure and how the mulitple paths were done.

Doublethink said:
I went from Nocturne to FFXIII to Strange Journey. Nocturne probably contributed to how much I hated FFXIII and FFXIII contributed to how much I'm loving Strange Journey.
Yum yum Nocturne.

MechaX

Cep said:

Personally, even though I like Strange Journey, I still like Devil Survivor a fair amount more. If you're not feeling the dungeon crawling in this game early on through, just stop right now before it starts to get really BAD. The pacing starts to get really out of whack later in the game (The final events of the game are virtually stretched out for 20 hours when it really seems like it could have been done in 5), and the alignment system, while an improvement over most MegaTen games in the way it matters in battles, is presented in an extremely hamfisted way compared to the multiple, but equally valid options presented in Devil Survivor.

Story spoilers for Sector G:
I was actually on the Law boat before they decided to encourage forced brainwashing as a solution. And like SMT 1 and 2, I'm right back in the Neutral camp because Law and Chaos are two equally absurd extremes. At least in Devil Survivor and even Raidou 2 both sides were rather valid at the core and usually warranted some perspective.

But hey, there's a lot of different types of MegaTen games, so you're bound to find one that will click for you.

Vamphuntr

MechaX said:
Story spoilers for Sector G:
I was actually on the Law boat before they decided to encourage forced brainwashing as a solution. And like SMT 1 and 2, I'm right back in the Neutral camp because Law and Chaos are two equally absurd extremes. At least in Devil Survivor and even Raidou 2 both sides were rather valid at the core and usually warranted some perspective.

But hey, there's a lot of different types of MegaTen games, so you're bound to find one that will click for you.

In Devil Survivor both of the extreme were well done and were valid solution to the demon problem. In SJ Law and Chaos are really extreme while neutral is plain and boring :( .

Sector H Intro Spoilers

Law is basically using Zelenin to brainwash the crew so that they help you on the mission. They all become religious Zealot. You are siding with the wise men, angels and god to create a world where minds are controlled by god. Humans will no longer be corrupted so no more Schwarzweldt. Chaos is siding with Jiminez and Lucifer. It's to use the power of the vanishing point to return the humans to their primal freedom. A world filled with demons, where human live with Joie de Vivre and a free mind. You make a mistake then you will die for it. Human life will become precious and important again for some reason it will prevent the Schwarzweldt from coming again. Neutral is to side with Gore and believe in Humanity. Destroy the Schwarzweldt and hope it never come back. Too bad since humans will probably still be corrupted, evil and so on no matter what. Will Humanity break the destruction cycle.

Cep

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
In Devil Survivor both of the extreme were well done and were valid solution to the demon problem. In SJ Law and Chaos are really extreme while neutral is plain and boring :( .

Sector H Intro Spoilers

Law is basically using Zelenin to brainwash the crew so that they help you on the mission. They all become religious Zealot. You are siding with the wise men, angels and god to create a world where minds are controlled by god. Humans will no longer be corrupted so no more Schwarzweldt. Chaos is siding with Jiminez and Lucifer. It's to use the power of the vanishing point to return the humans to their primal freedom. A world filled with demons, where human live with Joie de Vivre and a free mind. You make a mistake then you will die for it. Human life will become precious and important again for some reason it will prevent the Schwarzweldt from coming again. Neutral is to side with Gore and believe in Humanity. Destroy the Schwarzweldt and hope it never come back. Too bad since humans will probably still be corrupted, evil and so on no matter what. Will Humanity break the destruction cycle.

Man, I am tempted to press on JUST to see some of those events.

Also, I am confused about something. 'Demons' of the law variety are not demons? Because Zel was perfectly fine with using power.

Vamphuntr

Cep said:
Man, I am tempted to press on on JUST to see some of those events.

It's mostly text boxes with pics :lol. The alignment choice only affect the bosses and endings for the last part. If you don't enjoy it much, I wouldn't go as far as play it only for that. I played most of the recent SMT games and it still took me 42 hours to reach the part where you get to make the decision. 40 hours can be long if you are not enjoying it.

C-Jo

By no means is this directed at anyone in this thread, but I still feel that the majority of people who take issue with Strange Journey are evaluating it on what it isn't rather than what it is. It goes without saying that it shouldn't be compared to Persona 3/4 or Devil Survivor. Those comparisons are mostly a byproduct of Atlus USA's naming conventions, and that's not what I'm talking about.

I look at Strange Journey as a throwback to classic Megaten, and in that respect, I have a hard time seeing it as anything but a success. First person dungeon crawling, alignment system, demon negotiation, 300 demons... It's not really missing anything. I haven't finished it yet, so maybe it completely falls apart in the 2nd half. But I do know that 15 hours in, this game is exactly what I wanted. Demon negotiation does have a random element (the same demon responding differently to the same answer), but hey, I didn't say it was perfect.

This style of game obviously isn't for everyone, and that's okay. I don't think it's anywhere near as good as Nocturne, and that's okay too. Call me a gaming hippie, but I'm just happy we have a game like this at all.

noonche

C-Jo said:
By no means is this directed at anyone in this thread, but I still feel that the majority of people who take issue with Strange Journey are evaluating it on what it isn't rather than what it is. It goes without saying that it shouldn't be compared to Persona 3/4 or Devil Survivor. Those comparisons are mostly a byproduct of Atlus USA's naming conventions, and that's not what I'm talking about.

I look at Strange Journey as a throwback to classic Megaten, and in that respect, I have a hard time seeing it as anything but a success. First person dungeon crawling, alignment system, demon negotiation, 300 demons... It's not really missing anything. I haven't finished it yet, so maybe it completely falls apart in the 2nd half. But I do know that 15 hours in, this game is exactly what I wanted. Demon negotiation does have a random element (the same demon responding differently to the same answer), but hey, I didn't say it was perfect.

This style of game obviously isn't for everyone, and that's okay. I don't think it's anywhere near as good as Nocturne, and that's okay too. Call me a gaming hippie, but I'm just happy we have a game like this at all.

I agree. The game reminds me a lot of SMT: If... though I like it quite a bit more than that. I feel that it's about on par with SMT2 but not as good as SMT1.

It's challenging enough to stay interesting but apart from Sector E so far it hasn't gotten especially grindy. The battles are fast, negotiating with demons seems more "learnable" then past games and you have access to fusion anywhere.

The music is a pretty big let-down though.

C-Jo

alske said:
The music is a pretty big let-down though.
Yeah, I'm not particularly crazy about it either. But I tend to play DS games with the sound down most of the time, so it's not a deal breaker or anything.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Just got the replacement disc. I am happy they didnt forget about those who imported it. Thanks Atlus for shipping it to Switzerland for free ! :D

Cep

Banned
Funny, the Music (along with art, general story and dungeon structure) were some of the things that I really liked about the game.

Although some of the older stuff would have fit much better.

Cep said:
Also, I am confused about something. 'Demons' of the law variety are not demons? Because Zel was perfectly fine with using power.

They're the same as demons, Zelenin just wants to believe otherwise because Bootes fucked her up.

Cold hard facts my ass.

MechaX

Cep said:
Funny, the Music (along with art, general story and dungeon structure) were some of the things that I really liked about the game.

Although some of the older stuff would have fit much better.

Personally, for me it's not so much that the music is bad. It's the fact that the music selection is extraordinarily limited. I'm 35 hours into the game and I'm pretty sure I've only heard 8 tracks.

C-Jo said:
I look at Strange Journey as a throwback to classic Megaten, and in that respect, I have a hard time seeing it as anything but a success.

I do agree that it's worth shouldn't be solely fixated upon the Persona titles & DS (Gameplay structure-wise, it does take a lot from SMT If than anything else). However, I just feel some disappointment with what we got, especially in the second half of the story. It's not as interesting as say... Soul Hackers, its battle system is a step-back from the Press Turn, and the negotiation is a major step-back from Raidou 2 and Persona 2 IS/EP. Classic throw-back is one thing, but I do think Atlus should have weaved in the improvements from the later games as well and built upon them while simultaneously revisiting the SMT roots.

botticus

Note to self: don't go into a boss-ish battle with no healing demons, no co-op opportunities, and nothing for its weakness. Time to do some more fusing.

GeekyDad

botticus said:
Note to self: don't go into a boss-ish battle with no healing demons, no co-op opportunities, and nothing for its weakness. Time to do some more fusing.

:lol Wow, dude. You had to make a note of that?

Yeah, you really have to exploit everything the game gives you in a boss battle, unless you're prepared to grind your character/demons into the ground. To the game's credit, though, you can avoid almost any grinding by making good use of the game's systems.

Althane

botticus said:

Heh, you want to know the definition of overleveled? Beating the first boss while wearing armor that was weak to its magic, having no co-op, and nothing for its weaknesses.

I... might have spent too much time in Sector A.

^^;;

Just met up with the boss of Second B, interesting little scene. I'm liking the game so far. I do all my fusing in very short bursts. Right now my team setup is a Pyro Jack (no weaknesses, yay JFSource), and Lilim (Garula and Magaru, as well as Mazio, and a few other meh skills), and a Leanna Shide (media! Also hits pretty hard)

Loving the game so far. Finally got a decent amount of money, and then just spent it on new armor and accessories.

Here's a question: What's a better program: Extra Macca or Extra Item?

botticus

GeekyDad said:
:lol Wow, dude. You had to make a note of that?

Yeah, you really have to exploit everything the game gives you in a boss battle, unless you're prepared to grind your character/demons into the ground. To the game's credit, though, you can avoid almost any grinding by making good use of the game's systems.
Well, this was the Ex Mission you get when going back to Antlia while in Bootes, so I was kinda figuring it wouldn't be that big of a deal, and just went with whatever demons were in my party at the time (which included my level 8 Goblin). Didn't work out so well.

And of course all my current stock demons are Chaos and Law, so I need to get creative to find some worthwhile Neutral dudes. Thinking about an Inugami, Sudama (he's like Spot!) with a Kaso Source, and whatever else I can find to fuse with a Media source.

TimeKillr

MechaX said:
I do agree that it's worth shouldn't be solely fixated upon the Persona titles & DS (Gameplay structure-wise, it does take a lot from SMT If than anything else). However, I just feel some disappointment with what we got, especially in the second half of the story. It's not as interesting as say... Soul Hackers, its battle system is a step-back from the Press Turn, and the negotiation is a major step-back from Raidou 2 and Persona 2 IS/EP. Classic throw-back is one thing, but I do think Atlus should have weaved in the improvements from the later games as well and built upon them while simultaneously revisiting the SMT roots.

While I absolutely ADORE Strange Journey, I agree with you on the combat system. I really think it's a major step back from Press Turn. Co-op attacks are just... weird. I think the system should reward players for making a team with their alignment but not focus the entire battle system around it. I know you can decide to make your team however you want, but co-op attacks are just WAY too powerful not to exploit them to their fullest. Being able to wipe a complete group in one attack (like in the 2nd sector, where there's a ton of enemies weak to ice) is just way too good. And extra, 100% unmitigated big attacks on bosses is a necessity, unless you grossly overlevel, which is still freaky hard as there's a point where you get 1xp from a group of 4-5 demons since they're so low level...

Maybe passive stat boosts would've been nice, or I dunno, extra skills or something.

Top Bottom