• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking study finds that Super Bowl snack isn’t chicken wings!

zeorhymer

In a shocking upset, chicken wings — of which Americans are projected to eat 1.4 billion this Sunday — did not take home the No. 1 spot. Instead, the title of most popular snack was awarded to the humble cocktail wiener, which was the No. 1 searched food in the most amount of states.

“Dip” was other most searched Super Bowl snack food across the country, but it wasn’t crowned as the most popular as Americans were divided about what kind of dip they wanted — “seven-layer dip” was the top snack-related search for seven states, but “buffalo chicken dip,” was the top snack-related search in six others (mostly in the Southwest, the research shows).

Source: New York Post

I'm in the nachos category myself. It's not as messy as chicken wings and I'm not too fond of cocktail wieners.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
71InevAWDVL._SY445_PIbundle-24,TopRight,0,0_SX297SY445SH20_.jpg

large_ae010c41-d846-4dc9-9b9f-6bf6403d0dce.jpg

Call it a secret of the pros.

I'd think it was chips and dip. Everyone can have that.

I don't think we've had COCKtail WEINERS at our party. We don't have wings either though.

V2Tommy

Lies.

Boneless chicken wings are the superior form of chicken nuggets.

And who doesn't like chicken nuggets?

What on earth? Chicken nuggets aren't as good as chicken wings using any metric. Breaded, crunchy meat is not the way to go.

I_D

Chicken nuggets aren't as good as chicken wings using any metric. Breaded, crunchy meat is not the way to go.
Yeah, that's what I said.
Boneless wings are the superior form of nuggets.

Since everybody likes nuggets (an indisputable fact), boneless wings are even more loved than that.

It's physically impossible to dislike boneless wings. I'm pretty sure that's one of Newton's laws.

having the bone in there is half the joy of eating wings

boneless wings..

it's like playing a game with cheats on, sure it'll get you kills

images

71InevAWDVL._SY445_PIbundle-24,TopRight,0,0_SX297SY445SH20_.jpg

large_ae010c41-d846-4dc9-9b9f-6bf6403d0dce.jpg

Call it a secret of the pros.

Those "vegetable straws" are just bland potato straws with a dash of tomato and oregano, though. It's all marketing, like Baked Lay's.

Pork rinds are great, though, especially microwave pork rinds coated with flavored powders (cheese powder, sour cream and onion, cinnamon and brown sugar Swerve).

Grinchy

Banned
I eat chicken wings way too often. I buy the frozen bare ones from the store, deep fry them, absolutely slather them in different sauces, and bake the sauce on to caramelize the sugars in them or to flake up the sugarless sauces a little bit. I may have a garlic parmesan addiction.

My current favorite is getting a bottle of some cheap store brand sweet chili sauce, adding some hot sauce to it, some cayenne pepper, onion and garlic powders, a little paprika, and burn that shit onto the crispy fried wings. Fuck cocktail weiners.

brap

Banned
I eat chicken wings way too often. I buy the frozen bare ones from the store, deep fry them, absolutely slather them in different sauces, and bake the sauce on to caramelize the sugars in them or to flake up the sugarless sauces a little bit. I may have a garlic parmesan addiction.

My current favorite is getting a bottle of some cheap store brand sweet chili sauce, adding some hot sauce to it, some cayenne pepper, onion and garlic powders, a little paprika, and burn that shit onto the crispy fried wings. Fuck cocktail weiners.
I know who's house I'm going to for the Football Bowl.

Top Bottom