• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Sony and Microsoft create a joint next gen console?

GIF by Ghostbusters

GHG

Why are people trying to lump Sony in with everything Xbox is doing?

Why must this always happen? Shades of always online DRM again, only for Sony to release the briefest of clap-backs that shut everyone up and drove the nail in the coffin.

Sony have their problems, but those are very different problems to the one Xbox is facing right now.

Last edited:

plip.plop

I believe that the first of the big 3 to go 3rd party will end up being the most dominant in the video game space. They can create a controller that will be made specifically for their games will only add to their profit margins. Sony and Nintendo an MS make very unique first-party games. They all scratch an itch.
Sony = cinematic 3rd person adventures
Nintendo = family-friendly, easy access fun
MS = Hardcore FPS
All three of these companies bring something to the table, even if it is not your thing majority of the consumer base love it.
Consoles tried so hard to make themselves different but the reality is they concentrated on genres when the PC can do it all and so much better.

DavidGzz

Rat and Snakes joining as one? Ass of can whoopin' or whatever his name is would commit seppuku

Last edited:

IAmRei

No, although, we dont know in the future...

Anyway, maybe Nintendo Playstation in another universe, might existed

In theory interesting, possibly very hard to figure out a fair deal and probably a terrible outcome for consumers missing this competition. Switch eg shows already that outdated hw can be charged quite much if there is just no other real option. 10" tablets probably challenge a Switch in power and display and adding any official console controller will still come out cheaper than a Switch. Not even talking about the even cheaper China brands that may or may not be of lesser quality.
PC is already in bonkers in price, consoles were relatively low since both kept each other in check.

How would it be cutting edge? They will aim to build the best in class system at the given point in time, ensuring that it delivers value to the consumer and keeping costs reasonable.

Also, they are working against each other here, why in the fuck would they build and release games together?

Have you been huffing glue? The more I type, the more retarded this thread becomes.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Xbox should go third party and launch an enthusiastic superpowerfull box only and one streaming cheaper one.

Playstation should go with two SKU one normal like 499/599 ps5 and one powerfull and expensive one to compete with PC if they plan to go day 1 pc and dont loose installbase.

Nothing of this will happen btw

And sony has nothing to gain in joining forces with the last failing direct competitor..... now... if it was a NINTENDO SONY console!! Holy fucking balls

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Yes OP. We want two massive corporations collaborating on a product that will destroy competition completely in the home console space.

Enjoy your $100 GaaS games with $50 microtransactions, and lazy fucking games development that we’ve all played a million times before.

Jesus titty fucking Christ on a tricycle.

Quasicat

Xbox and PlayStation will continue to push streaming as the infrastructure improves at the same time waiting for the old people to die off. I work around high school and middle school age kids and they stream from PSN, Game Pass, and GeForce Now all of the time.
I know people in their 40s saying they would drop gaming if it became streaming only, but the younger demographic has already started to embrace it for its convenience.

Why not team up with the Atari Jaguar? Or the NeoGeo? Why not get all the losers together?

The opening post is made by someone who genuinely believe Xbox has something to offer to Sony. In short, I doubt his mental capacity to reason.

Last edited:

gamer82

well it seems xbox wanted to cut sony off from games , i doubt thats going to happen anytime in the future. i'm sure sony is having a good day but for future maybe don't buy all these companies up and just focus on putting out great games. who cares if your first or second or third in the market as long as you have customers and games. how does that help anyone if you go out of bussiness. bring out some good single player sotre games this is the only genereation i havent been compelled to jump on xbox im just not seeing enough of stuff i enjoy as im not a huge multiplayer gamer.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Interesting idea.
And then, the day Sony is announcing it, MS will say they’re partnering with Nintendo instead.

Oa25XsB.jpg

Top Bottom