• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silo (Apple TV+) Season 1

TwinB242

Solid show. I think the first 3 episodes were fantastic and then it picks up a bit towards the end, but the middle episodes as a whole dragged the shown down a bit. If the 2nd season is more consistent then this will become an excellent series.

Nester99

Solid show. I think the first 3 episodes were fantastic and then it picks up a bit towards the end, but the middle episodes as a whole dragged the shown down a bit. If the 2nd season is more consistent then this will become an excellent series.

I felt the same, at least it ended strong and hooked me for next season

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
It was ok. It felt kinda Network TV-y. I like Rebecca Ferguson a lot, but man her English accent was awful in this. She couldn’t complete a single sentence without letting her normal accent slip.

VN1X

Banned
It was ok. It felt kinda Network TV-y. I like Rebecca Ferguson a lot, but man her English accent was awful in this. She couldn’t complete a single sentence without letting her normal accent slip.
Yeah her accent was very distracting.

daffyduck

She did better with her “English” accent in MI. Her “Americanish” accent in Silo, as stated, was weak.

Mistake

Watching now, and it's actually pretty good. Nice pacing and patchwork story. I have 3 episodes left to go

Lasha

Huh the 'leaders' visit one another?
Really, knowing this will completely change how you perceive the show.
The Silos were originally proposed as a central repository for all of America's nuclear waste. The project was a cover for a conspiracy to create an ark for humanity. The conspirators held the Democratic National Convention during the opening of the facility. They then nuked the planet forcing the attendees to hide in the Silos which had secretly been made as habitation nodes. Everybody was given drugs to forget the past under the guise of treating PTSD. Silo 1 is where the conspirators hid. The other 49 are managed by silo one until emergence day 500 years later.

RaduN

It was ok-ish

The source material is probably a lot better, but still a decent watch. Clearly not produced by A level team, almost gave up at episode 3 (what a shit show), but i managed to pull through.
Will probably give season 2 a go.

nkarafo

Ι gave up half way. None of the characters are interesting or sympathetic. The only thing that's interesting is the Silo itself but the series focuses too much on the many different characters.

Also, most male characters are either evil, stupid or cowards.
The only ones worth a damn die early on.
. Naturally for a current year series, all female characters are always good, brave, smart and inventive. Apparently there are no women with faults in the Silo.

Really, knowing this will completely change how you perceive the show.
The Silos were originally proposed as a central repository for all of America's nuclear waste. The project was a cover for a conspiracy to create an ark for humanity. The conspirators held the Democratic National Convention during the opening of the facility. They then nuked the planet forcing the attendees to hide in the Silos which had secretly been made as habitation nodes. Everybody was given drugs to forget the past under the guise of treating PTSD. Silo 1 is where the conspirators hid. The other 49 are managed by silo one until emergence day 500 years later.
Well, that's fucked up!! Damn

Thanks

Lasha

Well, that's fucked up!! Damn

Thanks

The original work was self published as a series of novellas. The story gradually progressed from a simple post apocalyptic story to a dark conspiracy thriller. The reveals hit like nukes when going in blind. Subsequent readings aren't as fun since so much of the enjoyment was in the lead up to reveals.

Finally finished watching this. Pretty good season of TV. Was interested in what direction it would go and ended up reading a synopsis of the entire series. Oops. Oh well, I'll still check out the second season because I'll probably forget everything by then.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
I thought it was great. Was a 'can't wait to watch it every week' show with the wife. Excited for Season 2.

Do.we know why they tried to, and do kill the old man deputy? It's the only thing that doesn't add up.

I actually thought the twist was going to be the suits were poisoning them. So the tape broke the projection? That means holston never died?

zombrex

This show got better as it progressed despite some dodgy writing and character motivations, especially for Nichols. The world they have created is interesting and I enjoyed the politics / power struggles for control of the silo along side the intrigue and mystery. Season 2 has the potential to be very good if they tighten the writing up. Though I am also worried they will not be able to top the big reveal at the end of season 1.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Do.we know why they tried to, and do kill the old man deputy? It's the only thing that doesn't add up.

I actually thought the twist was going to be the suits were poisoning them. So the tape broke the projection? That means holston never died?
No -- the poison was the gas that they sprayed on them during the 'airlock towards going out' bit. Since Jules had the better (correct, and not rigged) tape -- she survived. The outside is fine, as far as we know, not posion. Holston and the rest definitely died.

Last edited:
Top Bottom