• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: SK Telecom StarCraft II Proleague 2014 – Protoss Hard at Work

Really enjoyed those 2 games (though there is a ton of complaining about that roro game). Looking forward to seeing a TvT for once, hoping we get an ace match as well.

LOL CJ is worse than Prime? Thats something. Gonna get a ton of points from Maru and Flash. Lost a point from TY though. :( Will watch the vods.

SamuraiX-

Fantasy Proleague Standings - Round 1, Week 2

a7WWjar.png

Welp, my Round 1 FPL officially died this weekend.

gg guys

Excluding mirror matches, Terran undefeated and Protoss on a 15 game losing streak after this last week. I can dig it.

Fantasy Proleague Standings - Round 1, Week 2

a7WWjar.png

Welp, my Round 1 FPL officially died this weekend.

gg guys

Excluding mirror matches, Terran undefeated and Protoss on a 15 game losing streak after this last week. I can dig it.

I dunno why but after week one where Flash of all people lost to Sora and his team carried him. Now this week Zest and Stats fell off a cliff and died as SC2 players.

sOs has been dead for a long time.

TY is killing me but other than that, my team has been pretty good. Just sad Prime isn't winning any of their matches and that Eins still has to make an appearance. ;_;

SamuraiX-

Once again my anti is top tier, my Terrans doin werk

R E K T
E
K
T

You're lucky MVP is going full retard and playing guys like Super and Shine over DRG. It's actually pretty upsetting. He's finally been turning out results again but he loses one close game to PartinG and they bench him.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
You're lucky MVP is going full retard and playing guys like Super and Shine over DRG. It's actually pretty upsetting. He's finally been turning out results again but he loses one close game to PartinG and they bench him.
DRG would lose anyway, so not really

SamuraiX-

DRG would lose anyway, so not really

His results since last July:
  • WCS Korea Season 3 - Code S Ro16
  • ASUS ROG Summer - 5th - 8th place
  • IEM Shanghai - 5th - 8th place
  • IEM New York - 5th - 8th place
  • IEM Singapore - 3rd - 4th place
  • Led MVP to a championship in Acer TeamStory Cup Season 1
He's not back to prime form, but he's more than capable of delivering wins in SPL.

I'm shocked Roro won a game. I thought he was an easy anti.

He's won two straight games... ZvPs... ;_;

Fuck Protoss. Seriously. Can't rely on them for anything.

Zen

Banned
I really wish they wouldn't upload the vods edited into chunks only showing the matches, I like watching the whole event and getting the inbetween match commentary.

Aaron

I really wish they wouldn't upload the vods edited into chunks only showing the matches, I like watching the whole event and getting the inbetween match commentary.
You can watch the whole thing on twitch with $5 sub.

SamuraiX-

Past Broadcasts in Proleague's Twitch profile. :)

You can watch the whole thing on twitch with $5 sub.

Oh that's right you need the sub. But it's seriously worth it. If there's one thing SNM and Whiplash did right, it was convincing me every night about how much of a steal this sub was and continues to be.

His results since last July:
  • WCS Korea Season 3 - Code S Ro16
  • ASUS ROG Summer - 5th - 8th place
  • IEM Shanghai - 5th - 8th place
  • IEM New York - 5th - 8th place
  • IEM Singapore - 3rd - 4th place
  • Led MVP to a championship in Acer TeamStory Cup Season 1
He's not back to prime form, but he's more than capable of delivering wins in SPL.

He's won two straight games... ZvPs... ;_;

Fuck Protoss. Seriously. Can't rely on them for anything.

You can rely on them for allins and cheese. Maybe some macro games that lead to deathballs.

But it is kinda shocking how PvZ has become so Z favored this week.

TvP I have no clue how the Protoss loses with the exception of Maru's games.

SamuraiX-

You can rely on them for allins and cheese. Maybe some macro games that lead to deathballs.

But it is kinda shocking how PvZ has become so Z favored this week.

TvP I have no clue how the Protoss loses with the exception of Maru's games.

Yeah it looks like Zerg have pretty much figured out the matchup if they can at least push it to the mid game and preferably the late game... unless your name is Hydra.

Swarm Hosts, Infestors, Corruptors and static defense galore! I was never that interested in the matchup before but now a lot of the games have been turning into positioning battles similar to TvTs so it's been fun to watch.

As for the the TvPs... 7-0 in favor of Terrans this past week? If this same trend continues for the remainder of the round, all I'm saying is that we've already seen one match fixing scandal unveiled in the StarCraft eSports scene before.

I'm not saying. I'm just saying.

Yeah it looks like Zerg have pretty much figured out the matchup if they can at least push it to the mid game and preferably the late game... unless your name is Hydra.

Swarm Hosts, Infestors, Corruptors and static defense galore! I was never that interested in the matchup before but now a lot of the games have been turning into positioning battles similar to TvTs so it's been fun to watch.

As for the the TvPs... 7-0 in favor of Terrans this past week? If this same trend continues for the remainder of the round, all I'm saying is that we've already seen one match fixing scandal unveiled in the StarCraft eSports scene before.

I'm not saying. I'm just saying.

Keen vs Creator was the only TvP I can say where Keen just got the better engages and won the battle on that alone beside sniping the outer bases.

Maru vs Stats was just embarrassing. Hellions killing 30 probes....

Zest vs Cure was another joke. Giving free units and falling behind on everything lost the game for him.

Maru then crushed Zest's blink all in but just barely.

Maru just outplayed herO in their match.

TY winning against sOs is something I can see though as TY seems to be on a hotstreak in Proleague. Then again both sOs and herO played so bad against TY.

Flash won against emotion which is to be expected considering how he barely lost the TvP vs Sora.

This next round will show what is going on. If its a sweep like this week, then something might be up.

SamuraiX-

Some new info: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440419

• Starting January 12th, Proleague will be starting 30 minutes earlier (18:30 KST | 10:30 CET | 01:30 PST)
  • Proleague will provide audio receivers with English commentary to any fans who present a valid form of identification at the information desk
  • Players will no longer play ace matches in the special second floor booths but rather play in the normal first floor booths instead for the duration of round one
I'm particularly happy about the earlier start time. The earlier the better! I'll take whatever I can get.

Aaron

any way to watch spoiler free vods of this?
https://www.youtube.com/user/ESportsTV/videos

Here's their youtube channel. All the matches are there in english and korean, as well as FIFA stuff they do.

Flash vs PartinG game is gonna be so good. Though I really don't see KT winning this unless TY and Stats get lucky.
TY could get a lucky win off Soulkey, but man that's a tough one. Stats hasn't played well all proleague so that's even harder.

SamuraiX-

Traded Dream for Sora and Reality for Squirtle on the main team.

Swapped ByuL for Maru on the anti team.

YOLO fuck everything

I believe in you, DRG ;_;

SamuraiX-

On the upside, should be a free win for Sora, and more points for me.

Yeah, Sora's PvP is pretty damn good so I think he should be able to beat Squirtle and the only way he loses to BrAvO is if he gets cheesed so hopefully free points.

And still no Fantasy. Fuck you SKT.

Seriously. They have exactly 4 active Terrans on their roster right now: FanTaSy, BrAvO, Journey and Sorry. The latter two are irrelevant and I imagine they're giving BrAvO some showtime since he just qualified for Code A but FanTaSy must REALLY be shitting it up in the practice house for SKT to not even acknowledge his existence. They didn't even play him in preseason!

Man screw Gerrard and his decisions!

Prime was known as the Terran heavyweight team and now Eins and Byun aren't even playing 3 weeks into Proleague! Hyped about the other matches though.

Hope Prime takes their first win vs Samsung. Gerrard you better put a Terran Prime player out next round. Kassia of all people, hope he is better than TerrOR has been lately who is playing Solar of all people. Kassia only won one game vs Seed in the GSL qualifiers so I guess thats something.

kasane

Man screw Gerrard and his decisions!

Prime was known as the Terran heavyweight team and now Eins and Byun aren't even playing 3 weeks into Proleague! Hyped about the other matches though.

Hope Prime takes their first win vs Samsung. Gerrard you better put a Terran Prime player out next round. Kassia of all people, hope he is better than TerrOR has been lately who is playing Solar of all people. Kassia only won one game vs Seed in the GSL qualifiers so I guess thats something.

Yeah eins became a filler pick for me ;o

Top Bottom