• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skull and Bones: Worldwide Gameplay Reveal | Skull and Bones: Releases in November 8, 2022

They really want to drop the same week as God of War Ragnarok…

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Current gen only? Interesting.

I have been avoiding Ubisoft games for a while now, maybe I'll give this on a shot if it reviews well.

edit: wow, what a terrible logo.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Nice to actually see this game. I wonder what there internal data says about this game, so much investment, they must expect it to make a lot of money.

Gorgeous thing. Shame it's online only, but I know I can't help myself and be getting this since those ships makes my knees weak for some unexplainable reason.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I can't believe they didn't just kill this off. It'll be DOA. Dev costs must have been high enough that they just want to ship it and get something back from people who won't play Sea of Thieves "because cartoony".

Hugare

Ubisoft wanting to cancel the game but not being able to due to some contract with Singapore tells you everything that you need to know

Looks ok, but will probably get repetitive really soon and Ubisoft will abandon it 6 months later

SJRB

Gold Member
I like the concept of this but in typical Ubisoft fashion this is 1000 times more videogame-y that it should be.

- menu after menu for switching weapons, sails, ships, anything
- damage numbers
- health bars on ships and buildings
- huge aiming reticules
- "stay in the plunder area or you'll abandon the mission"
- arbitrary "plunder" bar that slowly increases while you defend an area
- you don't actually partake in plundering
- health bar, stamina bar [or whatever]
- a fucking wanted level indicator
- HUGE mission objective
- chat prompts
- a bunch of shit about speed/heading in the corner
- tons of repeated animations
- impact radius for weapons all over the screen
- danger compass indicator

The amount of on-screen garbage is ridiculous. What a ridiculous game. How can you make a game about plundering and then NOT let the player partake in the actual plundering? How is there no swordfighting? What the hell is this?

These guys could learn a thing or two from Sea of Thieves.

Last edited:

Ristifer

I like the concept of this but in typical Ubisoft fashion this is 1000 times more videogame-y that it should be.

- menu after menu for switching weapons, sails, ships, anything
- damage numbers
- health bars on ships and buildings
- huge aiming reticules
- "stay in the plunder area or you'll abandon the mission"
- arbitrary "plunder" bar that slowly increases while you defend an area
- you don't actually partake in plundering
- health bar, stamina bar [or whatever]
- a fucking wanted level indicator
- HUGE mission objective
- chat prompts
- a bunch of shit about speed/heading in the corner
- tons of repeated animations
- impact radius for weapons all over the screen
- danger compass indicator

The amount of on-screen garbage is ridiculous. What a ridiculous game. How can you make a game about plundering and then NOT let the player partake in the actual plundering? How is there no swordfighting? What the hell is this?

These guys could learn a thing or two from Sea of Thieves.
Plunder DLC coming in 2023.

I can see the gameplay loop becoming repetitive very quickly.. Feel like I've already seen everything the game has to offer. Can't even do anything on foot except in settlements it seems like. Same cutscenes every time for boarding etc. Won't be surprised if this flops.

Kssio_Aug

This Is Bad Season 5 GIF by The Office

I don't have a good feeling about this game. Sailing in AC IV was fun, but I never felt like it deserved it's own game focused solely in this type of mechanic.

With so damn many multiplayer games, I can't see this doing well for a reasonable amount of time at all. Even Sea of Thieves, that is not my cup of tea either, look way more appealing than this.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Next gen only huh..

Hope theres a 60fps mode, then again many ships might be demanding on the CPU.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

So close yet so far. Again.
Imagine just taking AC Black Flag and build on that, remove the AC story, focus on pirating, single-player, more loot, treasures on far away islands, etc.
Yeah, they should have done a full on pirate single player game! That I would approve.

Also, it took them way too long to release this... AC Black Flag was released almost 10 years ago. Why it took them so damn long to release an MP game based on it's naval mechanics?

Last edited:
Top Bottom