• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skull and Bones: Worldwide Gameplay Reveal | Skull and Bones: Releases in November 8, 2022

Kobalty

Massively disappointed by this I was hoping for black flag without the creed shit bolted on but no they fucked up in every way possible for me I lost what little interest I had now.

What really bothers me is that with black flag they had a brilliant core blueprint to build off just get rid of the tailing mission on foot and boat..(seriously tailing mission on a fucking boat that always gave me a laugh) and just make a land and sea pirate game but no they had to just throw the worst shit into a bowl mix it up and bake this fucking abomination.

Hoping one day for a red dead pirate quality game but I doubt it will happen and I don't feel I'm asking for a lot basically black flag but no assassination stuff I know vendetta and ravens cry are jankys as fuck but at least they try ubisoft had the game laid out for them but just chose not to make it.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Looks decent if it’s a free play game.

sad season 4 GIF by Black Sails

thief183

It seems like you guys only want 3rd person Action games, this was supposed to be a naval warfare Combat game, they said it really Clear at the first reveal.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It looks like work to me. Pay to be better and pay to speed up the process. I’m not excited about it, but it’s not my type of game. I tried sea of thieves and I was just bored. I can’t sit there waiting for someone else to do the exact same thing with me, so the experience for me is a quarter of whatever it’s meant to be. Graphically it looks neat, but all those other things look like work. I’d rather manage playing more games.

Xane

This threat gives me flashbacks to when Sea of Thieves originally released and people were complaining about the lack of content.

It seems like you guys only want 3rd person Action games, this was supposed to be a naval warfare Combat game, they said it really Clear at the first reveal.
Do you know why pirates wore eye patches? It wasn't because they were all missing their eyes, and it wasn't so they could use them in cutscenes. Do you know why pirates had swords and pistols? It wasn't because it made them look cool, and worked nicely as fashion accessories.

People just want a real pirate game that features all main aspects of being a pirate, which definitely includes sailing a ship, but certainly shouldn't be limited to ONLY that aspect. If the developers think they can get away with ignoring everything but ship combat, I guess we'll find out if they were right once we see how the game sold. I very much doubt it.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
How so? It’s called Skull and Bones. Their entire gameplay showcase told us that we’d become the pirate we wanted to become.

Not sure how it’s meaningless.

It's literally a game where everyone controls naval vessels. The pirate theme is merely wrapping paper used to market the product.

Ristifer

It's literally a game where everyone controls naval vessels. The pirate theme is merely wrapping paper used to market the product.
No it isn’t. It’s a pirate game because pirates also use ships. These aren’t navies. Naval warfare and pirates are two different things.

When they are literally marketing it as a pirate game, then it’s not just wrapping paper.

No it isn’t. It’s a pirate game because pirates also use ships. These aren’t navies. Naval warfare and pirates are two different things.

When they are literally marketing it as a pirate game, then it’s not just wrapping paper.

The point is the vast majority of the gameplay loop is ship-to-ship and ship-to-ground combat which is "naval" in the sense of relating to ships and not necessarily navy. The pirate flavouring comes in raiding/looting ports and period specific boats and boat armaments. The debate is whether that flavouring is enough to call it a pirate game vs another ship combat game.

trikster40

So no single player whatsoever? Online only, other players? I just want a good old fashioned single player, story driven pirate game.

zkorejo

In a typical Ubisoft fashion... Beautiful but boring.

No hand to hand combat? That would be really silly if true.

Top Bottom