• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Many Me (XB1) and Gears of War 3 (X360) Games with Gold now live

MauroNL

Xbox Live's Games with Gold second half titles are now live, for free for Gold members.
Make sure you grab them while they're available. Available through August 15th, when they will be replaced with new titles.

So Many Me
Gears of War 3

Season pass still isn't free after nearly four years? LOL

GWG sale price is $20

Season pass is needed if you want dedicated server access, too. And they're giving the game away hoping the can sell that stuff too.

I have it from when i had the physical copy and it makes the online tolerable.

Grabbed So Many Me. I have no clue what this game even if but it's described as a puzzle/platformer and that's my jam. I own all things Gears 3 already so eh. Anyone that doesn't needs to get that Season Pass.

Garibaldi

You need a CC on your account to even redeem the "free" games on the web.

I have my PayPal attached so I do have payment info on file. It seems to want to charge me using that. I'm signed in, I have a Live sub till 2018 too. I don't have a 360 anymore though.

Very odd. The Xbox One titles I can redeem just fine.

Bessy67

Grabbed So Many Me. I have no clue what this game even if but it's described as a puzzle/platformer and that's my jam. I own all things Gears 3 already so eh. Anyone that doesn't needs to get that Season Pass.
Eh, even on sale the season pass is still $20. I'll probably pass.

Novocaine

Trying to "buy" this on my laptop because I don't have a 360 but it keeps saying the game isn't available in my region. In Australia. Anybody know what the deal is? I got So Many Me without any problems.

krang

Trying to "buy" this on my laptop because I don't have a 360 but it keeps saying the game isn't available in my region. In Australia. Anybody know what the deal is? I got So Many Me without any problems.

Was Gears 3 ever officially released in Australia?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I only have a One. If I get Gears 3 will it open up on One with BC later?

Getting error messages when trying to get Gears 3, both on the xbox website and on the system itself.

Says that it's either not available in my region (bulsshit), files are corrupt or it's no longer available...

Kinsella

Banned
Annnnnnnnd you can't get Gears 3 unless you put a payment method on file. So fucking stupid. Never mind that the game is free or that I have a payment method on file (100 dollars in XBL credit). Seriously, fuck you, MS.

JB1981

Gears 3 still has a pretty healthy online population, this will only make it even more so. Still not giving up my 360 lol

So Many Me is quite possibly the shittiest free game I've ever played. Yes, shittier than that Pool game.

Came here to vent. Platformers are my favourite genre, but there are some really annoying things about this game already and I've just started world 2.

- there is no consistency to jump height, from what I can tell. Specifically I'm referring to a later move where you bounce off the Me characters. It is just too random and there are puzzles dedicated to bounces. It's fucking annoying. Even on a YouTube walkthrough, the guy had to do about 20 different bounces to get to one platform. It shouldn't be like that. It's just random when he bounces high.

- All the puzzles for collectables are very, very, like, one way only. No two ways to do one puzzle. Now this is fine if it was done well, but a lot of the time, it's also combined with speed, like, sheer pixel accurate speed. It's just a bit... blah.

- My kid is playing, and I'm watching right now. There are these little yappy green dogs. Touch them and you go puff, back to the beginning. But, these dogs ARE AT the beginning, so what's the point!? No loss of health, no loss of items, just puff and try again. Seems just plainly annoying, not fun. Not skillful.

There, rant over.

Edit: This is what bugs me about indie games, the difficulty spikes are too weird. Guess I'm old fashioned with Nintendo and Mario the difficulty was always steady and fair. Not shitty random points of death. But also the game is gorgeous and the OST cool. I like it and I'll give it to the end, but I'm definitely watching walkthroughs for this one (and I hate watching walkthroughs.)

Novocaine

So for all the people like me that are having trouble buying Gears 3 I talked to MS support today. They said it was a known problem on their end and that it should be fixed by the end of the week and assured me that I'll get it before it stops being available for free. I'm getting the same issue when I try to buy Dark Souls via Xbox.com as well so it's not limited to just Gears.

Nowise10

I thought So Many Me was the best GWG yet. Very challenging and fun. The puzzles are mind bending sometimes. Plus I like the atmosphere of the game.

25J0urk.png

Top Bottom