• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so what was the verdict on "man on fire"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubanb

Banned
I didnt like it, took too long to get going and when it did, it wasnt all that great. For the first hour and 15 minutes it should have been called Denzel:my alcoholic swim coach .
the story just REALLY sucked. usually Denzel can save a story, but I didnt think so this time. I much preferred Out of TIme and of course training day

yacobod

Banned
the movie was above average

a pretty good revenge genre type flick

the best scenes in the movie were the "interrogations"

especially the scene under the highway overpass

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Saw it.

Liked it a lot.

Thought the pacing of it was just fine and I liked the scenes with Denzel and the kid a lot...

If I had to be picky I'd want more action and revenge hits from Denzel.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
The Bookerman said:
What about the Manchurian Candidate bish?
Looks good, but until it's released I can't say one way or the other. Still, Denzel shall not let us down!
denzelbitch.jpg

nitewulf

as for man on fire, i thought it was a decent revenge flick, the story was non existant, but then again, i dont watch these films for the story...denzel kicked ass as expected, just wish there were more interrogation/infiltration type scenes. i liked the jerky camera shots a lot as well, though it has become pretty standard for action flicks nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom