• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, where's GameLife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Man

Mashing said:
I'm curious, who coined that "creatively bankrupt" phrase (it was gaming related). I first saw it on here, but since then it's been used a lot. That's a curious name for a website of that nature. Meh, I'm probably just reading too much into that.

That's been in use for at least 30 years.

White Man said:
Nobody is trying to make games look bad. I think if anything, this Melissa girl and that older lad, both of whom have played and are likely trying to make their fortune in "fringe art," viewed the first episode, saw potential internet meme material, and set phazers to exploit.

That's my 30 second synopsis.
This is the most likely scenario. The crazy conspiracy theories going on in this thread are a little out there.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Mashing
Wanks to Trannies

<spits sparkling mineral water all over monitor> :lol

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
FlyinJ said:
You're almost entirely on the money. I'm sure what happened was that they both laughed at the first episode and joked about how funny it would be if they sent a game review in. She sent in her review, and since then the entire thing blew up.

I don't think there's any sinister motives here, other than people wanting to get famous on the net. I just find it amusing that there's this whole other link to weirdness.

As for the "kayfabe" thing, the most plausible explanation is that the guys are much more relaxed when they're just hanging out instead of in front of a camera. I know the difference between the way I act when hanging out or giving a speech is worlds apart.

sky

I think the gamelife fad will end up being quite short-lived. Whether intentional or not, the gimmick is simply how bad it is -- if they actually do improve the show, the interest will be lost. Although I can't really say such a path is inevitable :lol..

White Man

sky said:
I think the gamelife fad will end up being quite short-lived. Whether intentional or not, the gimmick is simply how bad it is -- if they actually do improve the show, the interest will be lost. Although I can't really say such a path is inevitable :lol..

I just said this to someone. I think the bubble is about to burst. The past couple of days they've brewed up the type of attention that will make people more wary than normal when watching their next episode. After the next episode, once the "intrigue" dies down from this current unsustainable level, it'll be all downhill, internet meme-wise.

PNum.jpg

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Eel O'Brian said:
Would you have a problem with it if they were screenshots from a video game?

In the context of this website which is about gaming, I find no connection between these images and gaming discussion. In fact, their linkage to games is precisely what I am concerned about.

DenogginizerOS said:
In the context of this website which is about gaming, I find no connection between these images and gaming discussion. In fact, their linkage to games is precisely what I am concerned about.

So...gory images, from, say, Condemned - where the big twist is
you're a serial killer
are an okay linkage to games and nothing to be the least bit concerned about. Whereas pictures of an adult playing at Halloween dress-up for shock value using corn syrup blood and laughably bad latex appliances (looking much less realistic than Condemned, imo), that's too controversial? That's what's going to bring the fucktard zealots out of the woodwork? Interesting.

bluemax

Banned
If you do a whois of that creatively bankrupt site you get this:

Chip Smiley
1234 Happy St.
Happy Town CA 90065
US
Registrar: DOTSTER
Domain Name: CREATIVELYBANKRUPT.COM
Created on: 08-JUN-01
Expires on: 08-JUN-06
Last Updated on: 30-AUG-05
Administrative Technical Contact:
Smiley Chip jim@creativelybankrupt.com

1234 Happy St.
Happy Town CA 90065
US
123-4567
Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.CARPATHIAHOST.NET
NS2.CARPATHIAHOST.NET
End of Whois Information

Nice fake address...

Matlock

Banned
=-=-=-=

Registration Service Provided By: InCheck Host

Domain name: GAMELIFESHOW.COM

Registrant Contact:
13tharmy.net
Greg Chisholm (CYNIXX3@GMAIL.COM)
+1.7752871730
Fax: +1.7752871730
9570 Stoney Creek Way.
Reno, NV 89506
US

Administrative Contact:
InCheck Host
Timothy B. Tucholka (service@incheckhost.com)
+1.7168706854
Fax: +1.-
641 Wurlitzer Drive
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
US

Technical Contact:
InCheck Host
Timothy B. Tucholka (service@incheckhost.com)
+1.7168706854
Fax: +1.-
641 Wurlitzer Drive
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
US

Name Servers:
ns1.carpathiahost.net
ns2.carpathiahost.net

Creation date: 08 Apr 2006 11:29:52
Expiration date: 08 Apr 2007 11:29:52

bluemax said:

Chip Smiley
1234 Happy St.
Happy Town CA 90065
US

1234 Happy St.
Happy Town CA 90065
US
123-4567
NS1.CARPATHIAHOST.NET
NS2.CARPATHIAHOST.NET
End of Whois Information

Nice fake address...

As a happy resident of Happy Town I ask that you stop spreading such lies as if to say my beautiful town doesn't exist, I may only live a modest life here at 1233 Happy St. next door to my good friend Chip but I can tell you that I bloody well enjoy it here.

DenogginizerOS

Eel O'Brian said:
So...gory images, from, say, Condemned - where the big twist is
you're a serial killer
are an okay linkage to games and nothing to be the least bit concerned about. Whereas pictures of an adult playing at Halloween dress-up for shock value using corn syrup blood and laughably bad latex appliances (looking much less realistic than Condemned, imo), that's too controversial? That's what's going to bring the fucktard zealots out of the woodwork? Interesting.

Condemned = Game
Viral Marketing/Blair Witch Project/Dateline NBC target = Non-Gaming related

The images and the website appear to have an agenda that goes beyond gaming.

I loved Condemned, btw. Looking forward to Dead Rising as well. Maybe you can post some graphic images of these games? I'd really like that.

DenogginizerOS

muttyeah416 said:
impaled gaming hosts too scawy for you? boo hoo
No. I just don't see where these 2 people showing images of themselves getting shot in the head has anything to do with GAF.

radjago

bluemax said:

Chip Smiley
1234 Happy St.
Happy Town CA 90065
US

1234 Happy St.
Happy Town CA 90065
US
123-4567
NS1.CARPATHIAHOST.NET
NS2.CARPATHIAHOST.NET
End of Whois Information

Nice fake address...
Dotster's Domain Registration Agreement said:
5.4 Information updating and accuracy obligations. As a condition to continued registration of your domain, you must keep the Registration Information current, complete and accurate. You may access your Registration Information in Dotster, Inc.'s possession to review, modify or update such Registration Information, by accessing Dotster, Inc.'s domain manager service, or similar service, made available at our Web site. In accordance with ICANN policies, you acknowledge and agree that if you willfully provide inaccurate information or fail to update your Registration Information promptly will constitute a material breach of this Agreement and may result in the cancellation of your domain registration. You further agree that your failure to respond in less than ten (10) calendar days to inquiries by Dotster, Inc. concerning the accuracy of the Registration Information or immediately upon discovery of any willful inaccuracy (including i.e. phone number of 555-1212, 000-0000) associated with your domain registration shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement and will be sufficient basis for cancellation of your domain registration.
https://secure.registerapi.com/order/register/agreement.php?siteid=4798

Anyone care to call them on it?

demi

Honestly.. after seeing them snivel and spout conspiracy nonsense on the GAF boards, this place is pretty cool. Real guys want to immediately get naked pics of the new girl - that's normal. Nancy boys want to cry about some bloody photos while trying to uncover the GameLife conspiracy that will tarnish the entire video game industry.

Serious kook fest over there.

GA owned.

Sorry boys, leave it to the real men to win over an lady's heart. Go back to crying over a drop of blood.

DenogginizerOS said:
Condemned = Game
Viral Marketing/Blair Witch Project/Dateline NBC target = Non-Gaming related

The images and the website appear to have an agenda that goes beyond gaming.

I loved Condemned, btw. Looking forward to Dead Rising as well. Maybe you can post some graphic images of these games? I'd really like that.

I dunno, man, can your 4-year-old handle Dead Rising screenshots? You were pretty concerned about potential accidental psyche-scarring earlier:

DenogginizerOS said:
As I said a few pages ago (before the utterly disturbing images that my 4 year old almost saw)

Viral Marketing? Dateline NBC? Agenda? Seriously, your paranoid histrionics over this are hilarious. I always thought you were a very level-headed fellow, but you are flipping the fuck out over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom