• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
dat dynamically changing Rising soundtrack

like Sonic Adventure 2, probably just cheesy as fuck without the context of the game, but IN the game, tell me they aint catchy as hell

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I didn't even notice the lower-pitched and poor soundfont bah bahs until I realized that that was the goal of the video.

Gotta try harder than that!

I like the Rising theme when a bunch of enemies ambush you and you're thrown into an arena style fight.
I've found myself liking a lot of the Rising music, not just because it fits so well within context, but I honestly think it's well-composed and the genre of choice is good.

dat dynamically changing Rising soundtrack

like Sonic Adventure 2, probably just cheesy as fuck without the context of the game, but IN the game, tell me they aint catchy as hell
Even out of game they're catchy as hell.

Might as well review the vocal soundtrack if I'm going to buy it. I like it that much that I want to buy it.

qq more

i wish i could look at the comments but i'm afraid of running into spoilers

also oops sorry didnt notice you there in the chat, schala

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
i wish i could look at the comments but i'm afraid of running into spoilers

also oops sorry didnt notice you there in the chat, schala
s'okay. Something else came up so I couldn't stick around. 'sides, I was on for a while last night, lol.

Yeah, just lots of people going moooooooooo

The Geckos are actually surprisingly easy to fight in MGR. Like, they're super intimidating in MGS4, because Snake's fragile and the Geckos are comparatively large and super agile to boot, but in this you just parry their super telegraphed attacks, stun them and rip them apart.

...So, kinda like Raiden handles them in MGS4, I suppose. Ha.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Is it me, or does this game make Raiden a lot more likeable?

Edit: My boyfriend is wondering what's wrong with me because I'm actually enjoying a video game.
"Huh? Why aren't you complaining like normal?"

BlackJace

Is it me, or does this game make Raiden a lot more likeable?

Edit: My boyfriend is wondering what's wrong with me because I'm actually enjoying a video game.
"Huh? Why aren't you complaining like normal?"

I found his humor very personable. MGS4 Raiden was a bit iffy with me.

Old, but I hear we're talking about Metal Gear and BAH BAH

Anyway, Kazooie beat, Tooie started. I dunno, that boss fight wasn't really that hard, although I suppose finding the time to duck and shoot the eggs necessary to win was a pain in the ass - got hit so many times there. Fortunately, since I'd 100%'d the game beforehand, I got access to something that doubled my health for me, which is good, because I ended the fight with 2/16 honeycombs. Ultimately, though, my only deaths were falling off the castle like a dunce.

What was really bizarre was that I merely cleared the board game, then Gruntilda was like "oh, fie, have Tootie back then, I'm running up these stairs, btw here's the credits roll". And I got Tootie back and a credits roll, without it being a prank on her part. Which was really weird, since I knew there was a boss fight with her that hadn't happened yet. The game did lampshade it - credits finish, Banjo, Kazooie, Mumbo and Bottles are tanning outside Banjo's house, then Tootie said "what are you doing? Gruntilda got away!" But... well, she gave Tootie up! Why would I have to kill her at this point? Isn't that just adding insult to injury? I'm assuming that if I hadn't 100%'d the game before facing her down, none of that would've happened, making the fight make more sense, plotwise...

Anyway, Tooie. Using Kazooie like a gun in a FPS is actually really amusing. I can't imagine this segment controlled well in the original N64 version, but the XBLA version has Halo-style twin stick controls, which work just fine.

Also, please tell me the Gray Jinjos don't stay dead :(

...I just looked it up, they do :( :( :(

Quackula

Anyway, Tooie. Using Kazooie like a gun in a FPS is actually really amusing. I can't imagine this segment controlled well in the original N64 version, but the XBLA version has Halo-style twin stick controls, which work just fine.

N64 version just used Goldeneye style controls.

TheOGB

Banned
My girlfriend started Revengeance on Easy, so when I visited her after work and played it I felt insanely OP because I parried literally everything.

When I noticed, she restarted on Normal and I was still parrying almost everything. Goddamn, what a feeling :O

mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm deeply fond of the R-01 ending boss theme, though. Cheesy? Sure. works really well in context? Oh hell yeah. But other than that, a lot of the music I've heard so far is good.
Now that I can clearly hear the vocals, the connection I've made between this boss and Rihanna is solidified. :I

I'll leave the poll open until tomorrow afternoon.

Unrelated, but I had forgotten that Youtube automatically provides shortened links for their videos. That saves so much time, but I still have a lot of copy/pasting to do. Almost done with the OP either way.

Do you still need the link to the IRC chat? I'll PM you it if so.

Oh yeah, I'm gonna need that too. You might as well post it here instead of a PM since I'm going to put it in the OP anyways.

EDIT: Just saw the announcement for the scheduled maintenance tomorrow. I'll make the thread once GAF is up and running again with the winning title.

In the middle of fixing all the Youtube links, I told my friend about the thread, and the first thing she noticed was the Sonic 3 barrel. She mentioned how much she hated those things, and I told her that was the reason why I chose it because so many people hated those things. She said I was a jerk for doing that, and we both had a good laugh. I didn't have the heart to tell her about Nocturne. :lol

I had to do some crazy momentum shit to get past the Sonic 3 barrel. My brother was Tails so we used both our weight to time the jumps just right to keep the rhythm going until we got past it.

Why in the fuck is up and down on the d-pad

Too long. Just do irc://irc.rizon.net/SonicGAF, should give you the option to go there in Mibbit or your IRC client of choice.

(I hope that link works; I tried a similar one on EsperNet, since I'm already on a server there, and it seemed to, so)

Doesn't work for me. I don't have any sort of IRC thing open though, that's why it wouldn't work. Derp.

EDIT: Thread is done, but I forgot about that image of Iizuka with the devil horns. I'm cutting it close on the character limit as it is, so if there's no room, than that image is first on the chopping block when I put the thread up tomorrow.

Emitan

tumblr_mcppt2jPNX1qipzn0o1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom