• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony’s Project Q Factory Leaked Images

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
DkmzRuD_d.webp

9tasmRe_d.webp

zICAWVI_d.webp

Last edited:

Crayon

I don't think it will sell well unless it's $99.

I'm getting it if it's discounted.

Remember there's no imperative to have a huge install base because there is not a software economy to get going. It will be awhile before something like this is going to be used for actual internet streaming games. This is more likely meant to be a luxury accessory for men who get kicked off their $2000 tv. I bet sony will gouge. #team299.

Remember there's no imperative to have a huge install base because there is not a software economy to get going. It will be awhile before something like this is going to be used for actual internet streaming games. This is more likely meant to be a luxury accessory for men who get kicked off their $2000 tv. I bet sony will gouge. #team299.
My TV was a $2300 TV and I'm still paying that bitch off.

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

That being said your probably right. Considering that their pro controller was $200.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Android actually makes this more appealing to a wider audience.

Stream PlayStation games, can be used for Cloud gaming and you might be able to run native apps. Including media stuff like Netflix etc

Sleepwalker

I am one of those grown men that gets kicked out of their $2000+ tv (currently experiencing it as wife watches some cooking reality tv show). I would still not get this cause its gonna be too expensive and no OLED.

Hudo

I wouldn't pay $1 for it, I can't stand handhelds or streaming. The design is irrelevant. If it was amazingly constructed I still wouldn't touch it. But I know this thing can't cost $99. They would be selling it for a loss.
Yeah, unfortunately, I think you're right. This thing SHOULD cost no more than $99. But Sony will most likely try $199.

Crayon

My TV was a $2300 TV and I'm still paying that bitch off.

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

That being said your probably right. Considering that their pro controller was $200.

Pro/elite controllers actually a good example. They don't have to stock/move many and the margin is stupid. It's not even impressive engineering. Just fill in this lucrative niche and profit. That niche being people who want all the toys at any price.

0e862196-b637-43ec-a131-5498df7c9a09_text.gif

StereoVsn

IMO this is going to be $299 and that point you can either get an android phone which you can attach to your PS5 controller and stream that way (and it can even do emulation on a side) or Steam Deck. Unless this thing can hit under $200 price tag its dead in the water. Look at the Logitech streamer, utterly pointless.

MAtgS

It runs android?
Shoot, that does raise it's stock at least somewhat In my eyes. Sure, there's approximately 500 android devices way better designed than this fucking thing. But at least it's not just streaming.

Disco Dave

IMO this is going to be $299 and that point you can either get an android phone which you can attach to your PS5 controller and stream that way (and it can even do emulation on a side) or Steam Deck. Unless this thing can hit under $200 price tag its dead in the water. Look at the Logitech streamer, utterly pointless.
Great point. Unless there's something Sony haven't told us about the device, it's simply a streaming device for PS5. Pricing it within the sphere of standalone devices that can run software on the hardware is inviting comparisons which will not go in Project Qs favour.

Klosshufvud

Didn't they sell the controller for the the iPhone for 100$ ? This is not going to be below that with screen in it .
Eh if it flops like PSTV and PSX Classic did, they might do some stock clearance fire sales. But you're right that MSRP will probably be ridiculous.

skit_data

I'll probably not buy it but I'm still curious about the price because it will immediately tell how this is gonna do saleswise

Top Bottom