• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony bro's - are you gonna get the Pro?

Will you answer the call?

• I will answer the call and upgrade to a Pro

Votes: 385 67.9%
  • I will reject the call and stay loyal

Votes: 182 32.1%

• Total voters

GymWolf

If you don't get the pro you're not a bro
dcvcozy-796d38f7-68ca-4d52-8825-4f49bf8890cf.gif

Of course i'm gonna get a pro, gamestop usually retire my vanilla console and make me pay the pro model half the price.

GymWolf

What’s the fucking point? 😂
Better resolution\framerate\graphic, like a mild pc upgrade.

If you can sell your ps5 for a good price, why not? it's gonna be the best hardware where you can play sony exclusives if you don't wanna wait for a pc port 2 years later, and it's enough for some people.

Now it's on sony to release some IMPRESSIVE vertical slices from these devs to make pro more palatable:

new nd game
tsushima 2
new bluepoint game
new sm corey project
new bend game
something new from guerrilla
new housemarque game
etc.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

I'm no "Sony bro", but will definitly replace the slim with the Pro when it arrives. Because new tech is awesome, and i'll need better hardware for my netflix streaming:)

(And I want best possible performance when Housemarque release a new game)

StereoVsn

Normally I would get it, but last bunch of Sony games disappointed and I have a decent gaming PC.

Well, I say that but if Ghost of Tsushima 2 comes out and it’s 60fps on Pro vs 30 on vanilla, I could see myself getting it.

However, there is nothing on release that would be interesting. For GTA, the only two that I liked were Vice-City and GTA IV, so it’s a huge YMMV in VI for me.

Last edited:

omegasc

current one upgrades the PS4 Pro in the living room for the kids, and PS5 Pro in my office/gaming room. Everyone's happy.

Reactions: Isa

FunkMiller

Better resolution\framerate\graphic, like a mild pc upgrade.

If you can sell your ps5 for a good price, why not? it's gonna be the best hardware where you can play sony exclusives if you don't wanna wait for a pc port 2 years later, and it's enough for some people.

Now it's on sony to release some IMPRESSIVE vertical slices from these devs to make pro more palatable:

new nd game
tsushima 2
new bluepoint game
new sm corey project
new bend game
something new from guerrilla
new housemarque game
etc.

As ever, the games sell the console. Whatever it is.

I am not confident Sony will announce any exclusive games that make this console worth buying.

I expect a lot of shit about higher frame rates - which I don’t care about, and not a lot about new games and gameplay - which I do.

GymWolf

As ever, the games sell the console. Whatever it is.

I am not confident Sony will announce any exclusive games that make this console worth buying.

I expect a lot of shit about higher frame rates - which I don’t care about, and not a lot about new games and gameplay - which I do.
I mean, sooner or later they have to show something, the devs i listed are probably all in full on cooking time.

digdug2

I will sell my day one PS5 and get a Pro. My wife is more than content with her Slim though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I got the PS4 Pro, of course.

I also had a situation recently where someone came over and wanted to play a GTA Online heist. I never knew I would need an extra console in my home for online MP, lol.

Mr Hyde

No. I don't buy in to the Pro-models. So far, I don't think the base consoles have been pushed enough to warrant Pro-models. Games are still developed with base consoles as their target spec making Pro-models an afterthought. And lastly, the generational leap doesn't seem as big if you got a Pro. To me, they are a waste of money, I'm good with only one model per generation. Only reason for me to buy a Pro is if the base PS5 broke down and stopped functioning.

CSJ

I don't know, at first I was like yes but then I thought, why?
"Because I want thing to look better? or because I want 60fps minimum, or both?"

So I still don't know.

Same excuse as upgrading a PC I guess, why? to run new/cutting edge stuff maxed out.
I guess in PS5 terms, so it's not struggling to run current gen games a few years out as we're seeing now.

But that's more on devs I think, I think they're using much more powerful hardware to hide the need to optimise as much as they used to and go "oh well, job done".

Top Bottom