• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony CES 2016 press conference thread

georly

Will watch as I get in bed. Here's to hoping preorders go live tonight, summer-fall release, 499 with move/camera.

I'm ready for VR.

Carl

Was hoping someone would make a thread.

Always interesting to watch though rarely anything gaming related

nubbe

Goodbye real word

OLYw72e.jpg

Man

Is this live stream in any fashion hyped? It would be kinda weird if they announced PSVR launch details here compared to PSX.

Elios83

Are people expecting launch details for PSVR?
Personally I'm not but I'm looking forward to see their 2016 4K TVs lineup since I'll probably change my TV later this year.

Majine

Banned
Considering Playstation is like the only succesful product they have nowadays, I think it'll have a nice spot in this.

Elandyll

Banned
Let's go crazy.

PSVR price & date

May 2016

$299 PSVR unit SKU w/ demos (The Deep/ The London Heist)

$349 PSVR with Camera bundle w/ free digital game (Rigs) and demos

$499 PS4 with PSVR (& camera), including Rigs, demos

Obviously, I'm an optimist ;)

Liamc723

Considering Playstation is like the only succesful product they have nowadays, I think it'll have a nice spot in this.

Videogames NEVER have a big presence at CES, we'll get very little news, if any.

I don't know, if not now then when? E3 will be far too late if they are aiming for a summer release.

Those details don't need to be announced at a press conference.

Im here for the TVs honestly. Sony stumbled a bit last year after knocking 2014 out the park.
Actually 2013 (when I got my kdl55w905a) is the best. Still the best gaming TV that's ever existed. I'm not jumping into 4k until Sony release a 4K TV with comparable input lag.

Let's go crazy.

PSVR price & date

May 2016

$299 PSVR unit SKU w/ demos (The Deep/ The London Heist)

$349 PSVR with Camera bundle w/ free digital game (Rigs) and demos

$499 PS4 with PSVR (& camera), including Rigs, demos

Obviously, I'm an optimist ;)

Putting in a PS4 for an extra ~150, seems a bit too optimistic. Realistically I don't think they can even bundle PSVR and PS4. I would thing the price would be 600-700 dollars if they did and I think that would be a huge turnoff.

Sweet, glad I saw this when I did. There aren't enough conferences in a year! Been goin through withdrawal. Hoping for PSVR price and release date, and mayybe pre-orders?

Elandyll

Banned
Just a(nother?) reminder for people who expect lots of gaming news: This is an AV/ Tech show, not centered on gaming at -all-.

The focus will probably be on imaging (photo/ video cameras, lenses...), mobile (tablets, phones), TVs (4K), Blu Ray (4K) and projectors, possibly audio as well.

Top Bottom