• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Rumored To Reenter PDA Market With Pocket PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoi tsuki

Sony never exited the PDA market, just in the US and Europe. But i can't even imagine what they'd do for PPCs. For quite some time, i always enjoyed the simplicity of Palms over the clunkier Pocket PCs. But PPCs now have some rather nice features at the OS level, as well as better integrated (with Windows) apps. If Sony released a PPC with the UX-50 featureset, i'd probably sell my UX-50.

aoi tsuki said:
Sony never exited the PDA market, just in the US and Europe. But i can't even imagine what they'd do for PPCs. For quite some time, i always enjoyed the simplicity of Palms over the clunkier Pocket PCs. But PPCs now have some rather nice features at the OS level, as well as better integrated (with Windows) apps. If Sony released a PPC with the UX-50 featureset, i'd probably sell my UX-50.

How do you like the UX-50 anyways? I've seen lots of conflicting opinion...

Phoenix

Riiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhht.

They are going to toss years of customized PalmOS code and already tooled production lines to reenter the market with a product that is for an entirely different OS and do so at a time when the PDA market is stagnating.

Whoever came up with that brainfart is genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom