• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony says no AAA third party devs can make a game that rivals COD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leyasu

Banned
Yup! Nothing more needs to be said. Sony and MS paid to be in the games industry. Sony has worked pretty hard to deny content to other platforms with plenty of 3rd party timed exclusives and MS has started purchasing more studios to ensure they will continue to get content for Game pass. There are no good guys or bad guys it's all business and it's great to see plenty of competition because gamers benefit.
ABK wanted to sell and Microsoft wanted to buy and had the funds to do it.

Getting angry and lashing out on a forum ain’t going to change anything. Lol

The last page is something for sure

Last edited:

John Wick

I surgically dismantle your entire existence and your only response is that you're not going to read what I wrote and that I'm not even trying? Everything is there for everybody to see. You're coming off as incredibly desperate here, like a child angry they're not getting their way and throwing a fit 😂

You realize that I can see you in my mentions just now going back to my old posts and leaving "LOLs", right? Why are you skimming old posts you already replied to, but pretending you dont care? 🤭

Who? Where? I demolished the FUD thrown my way in a precise and in depth manner; one guy got banned, the other didn't respond but left some emojis, and then there is you who is only responding with short anger filled bursts, completely ignoring anything and everything I'm saying and acting like a bratty child throwing a tantrum.

Stop making shit up. Take the L. (or not; I'll continue to embarass you and highlight you embarrassing yourself). 🤭
I tell you what I'll let you carry on..........
Your a pathetic L....
Let me know when you've Binged the games that Sony so aggressively removed from Sega and Nintendo. You have Tomb Raider and that's it. He'll be there furiously searching for any little morsel of info to desperately aid him in his battle against aggressive Sony who partially helped to get rid of Sega even though they are still about. Sony who purchased their way into the console business first time. Damn Sony! I wonder why MS(with their unlimited war chest) couldn't do it their first foray into console gaming? Oops I forgot aggresive Sony had a 7 year head start and mindshare and the rest.......... Blah blah blah.

Last edited:

Infamy v1

I tell you what I'll let you carry on..........
Your a pathetic L....
Let me know when you've Binged the games that Sony so aggressively removed from Sega and Nintendo. You have Tomb Raider and that's it.

What are you even...talking about? Now you're just spouting random nonsense in a last ditch effort to not look like a clown, except it's backfiring. And there you go with Bing again, bringing out what you've already been exposed for multiple times in the past few pages.

The entire crux of you guys original argument was dismantled long ago, and now you're talking about Tomb Raider after you asked for receipts and got served crow.

Are you hoping people just gloss over the posts that prove you wrong, or embarass you? Is this why you're going back to day old posts you've already replied to and filling up my mentions again? 🤭

Edit: you spend 10 minutes adding a bunch of edits to your posts that encapsulate your petulant anger quite nicely. I love how you're continuing to prove my point, lmao. Please, don't stop.

Last edited:

John Wick

What are you even...talking about? Now you're just spouting random nonsense in a last ditch effort to not look like a clown, except it's backfiring. And there you go with Bing again, bringing out what you've already been exposed for multiple times in the past few pages.

The entire crux of you guys original argument was dismantled long ago, and now you're talking about Tomb Raider after you asked for receipts and got served crow.

Are you hoping people just gloss over the posts that prove you wrong, or embarass you? Is this why you're going back to day old posts you've already replied to and filling up my mentions again? 🤭
The crux is you haven't provided any proof bar Tomb Raider for Sony buying their way to success. What about the other thousands of games? Don't tell me Tomb Raider was so big that it single handily put Sony no1

Infamy v1

The crux is you haven't provided any proof bar Tomb Raider for Sony buying their way to success. What about the other thousands of games? Don't tell me Tomb Raider was so big that it single handily put Sony no1
Again, what are you talking about? When was that ever my original argument? Care to show me? Oh wait, you can't. You got slapped down so many times in this thread that you're now fixated on Tomb Raider solely because it was the response to you demanding proof of Sony having ever moneyhatted in the PS1 era.

Edit: you do realize you saying that's the crux of your argument...can be proven wrong by people scrolling through the comments or checking your post history? Like...you do realize this, right? Or do you think everyone is braindead and will simply go off your latest posts?

Again, you're extremely bad at strawman arguments. Nobody is falling for your sctick except for the troll that got himself banned and another that ran away with his tail between his legs.

ABK wanted to sell and Microsoft wanted to buy and had the funds to do it.

Getting angry and lashing out on a forum ain’t going to change anything. Lol

The last page is something for sure

Exactly. These guys are so angry that they're lashing out on a videogame forum, which is nothing new except Sonys comments being mocked have sent them into Overdrive. Truly a sight to see.

Last edited:

John Wick

Again, what are you talking about? When was that ever my original argument? Care to show me? Oh wait, you can't. You got slapped down so many times in this thread that you're now fixated on Tomb Raider solely because it was the response to you demanding proof of Sony having ever moneyhatted in the PS1 era.

Edit: you do realize you saying that's the crux of your argument...can be proven wrong by people scrolling through the comments or checking your post history? Like...you do realize this, right? Or do you think everyone is braindead and will simply go off your latest posts?

Again, you're extremely bad at strawman arguments. Nobody is falling for your sctick except for the troll that got himself banned and another that ran away with his tail between his legs.

Exactly. These guys are so angry that they're lashing out on a videogame forum, which is nothing new except Sonys comments being mocked have sent them into Overdrive. Truly a sight to see.
Typical reply.................
Care to explain why MS were soo shook about Google or Apple? As in your own words why didn't they just compete? Or does it only count when it concerns Sony eh?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
When one company has been absolutely ruthless in paying to keep third party content away from competing platforms, I’m not sure if it’s wise to pretend they wouldn’t purchase big publishers for exclusive content if they could.

They also tried to buy Leyou in 2020 before Tencent swooped in and hijacked the sale. A f Leyou was a $1+bn publisher.

But now you are just making stuff up. This is what heck of a reach.

Infamy v1

Typical reply.................
Care to explain why MS were soo shook about Google or Apple? As in your own words why didn't they just compete? Or does it only count when it concerns Sony eh?

...again, what in hell are you talking about? LOL

MS is so shook about Google and Apple? Where? And they're not competing with them? Since when? And what does this have to do with anything? I keep proving how you're absolutely terrible with strawmans yet you continue to prove me right.

Notice how you ignore me refuting your bullshit and continue to post likewise unrelated FUD; yet you say my posts are typical replies?

You're not even trying, just devolving into a transparent troll. 🤭

Last edited:

John Wick

So you're moving goalposts and making excuses for Sony?

"SO what if Sony did it first and did it far, far worse! Sega died quickly after so iT dOeSnT cOuNt!!" (as if Sony didn't play a hand in the demise of Sega? LOL)

According to you, because MS did it at all, "PERIOD," it makes everyone pointing and laughing at you "HYPOCRITES?"

If so, why do you and your fellow rats cry when, among MANY other things, people point out Sony bought a publisher first? "iT's nOt tHe SaMe! "iT wAs LoNg aGo!" [insert excuse here].

It shouldn't matter, right? They're guilty of doing it "PERIOD" and you are a "HYPOCRITE" for trying to flush away this fact, right? Right. Mental gymnastics your way from that one. Don't forget to rush through your post history and quickly delete all your posts showing you being a raging hypocrite, guilty of doing the very thing you're calling people out for.

And no, you're known for getting ratio'd and not replying but instead simply throwing a "LOL" like on the post. Ain't nobody correcting themselves talking to you, lmao.
Let's go back. Oh look who's blaming Sony for Sega's demise? I bet Nintendo didn't do anything though did they eh? Nintendo happily stopped their business in it's tracks so Sega could survive. Clearly your hate for Sony is tangible. I bet Sony must of snuck into Sega's headquarters and wrote all the bad decisions they should make to fail. Clown

John Wick

...again, what in hell are you talking about? LOL

MS is so shook about Google and Apple? Where? And they're not competing with them? Since when? And what does this have to do with anything? I keep proving how you're absolutely terrible with strawmans yet you continue to prove me right.

Notice how you ignore me refuting your bullshit and continue to post likewise unrelated FUD; yet you say my posts are typical replies?

You're not even trying, just devolving into a transparent troll. 🤭
Listen prick you've been on here saying how Sony are being mocked for comments made to the regulators/FTC about AB acquisition. You stated they should compete with MS. Or are you that much of a retard to comprehend this?
So I replied why were MS so shook when they were crying to the regulators about Google search and advertising? Or Apple and it's walled garden? Can't they just compete?

Infamy v1

Let's go back. Oh look who's blaming Sony for Sega's demise? I bet Nintendo didn't do anything though did they eh? Nintendo happily stopped their business in it's tracks so Sega could survive. Clearly your hate for Sony is tangible. I bet Sony must of snuck into Sega's headquarters and wrote all the bad decisions they should make to fail. Clown

Where did I blame Sony for Sega's demise? Do you mean where you were begging for proof that Sony were bullish when they entered the console space, and demanded receipts that they did anything during the PS1 era that shows they pushed their weight around with money from their other ventures?

You're angry because I said they "played a hand?" That's all you have? Really? Despite what I said earlier regarding Sega that completely shits down your pathetic response:
Tf is a sore Sega loser? I mentioned Sega because, while they're a victim of their own demise, Sony did partially contribute to their exit. Obviously. This is well documented. You talking about disingenuous when I've proved that you are that many times over? And Sega was only even mentioned because you keep demanding proof that Sony did anything wrong instead of acknowledging the business. But now I'm a Sega fanboy because you're mad?

The audacity to tell someone their hate for Sony is tangible due to simply proving receipts or responding to bad strawman arguments with logic and facts is harious, coming from the guy who's documented to, over the last few pages alone, repeatedly blurt out your hatred for Microsoft by randomly talking about sales, 3rd place, no gaemz, Windows Phone, Bing (repeatedly), antitrust, regulators, and so much more. And again, randomly, like your hatred/jealousy is so embedded in your soul that you have Turrets syndrome or something and can't help it.

And you have the nerve to call ME a clown? 🤭

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Are you being dense on purpose? The situation is nothing like Sony entering the games market. Sony had no games development studios. They had to buy. The goal post shifting is amazing. MS has plenty of studios.

dense? they still buying up studios and are open to more. IE: Bungie

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Why are you making shit up? Wipeout was on Sega Saturn, the sequel too. They even made an exclusive Wipeout game on Nintendo 64 years after Sony acquired them.

You guys need to stop rewriting history (I'm not surprised at who liked your post).

did they not buy psychosis in the PS1 gen? did they not make sure that there games were not on other consoles. as I said in my post they were Multiplatform and their games were but future games were kept away like I said. also why you missing out on the tomb raider bit?

Last edited:

Infamy v1

Listen prick
are you that much of a retard to comprehend this?
They've labelled you retarded.
You know when MS fangirls
fangirls like yourself

Are you thick?

......because you rabbid fangirls always forget this......
I'm mocking you by doing the same. Because instead of refuting anything you click triggered.
rabbid fanboys like yourself only deal in absolutes

Crying like bitches
The last 3 gens must have been tough on you eh? Or were you a Sega fan before switching to MS?
MS are doing so well in the console space they still hide the numbers. Yes before you jump in with GP and MAU we've heard that rhetoric before. Just like the games this year........oh wait!
Mate forget it he's an Xbox shill. He can't answer because he's full of shit.
Your stupidity knows no bounds. Those past gens must have been tough no wonder your crying like the sad pathetic cretin you are. See if Bing can find you those moneyhats that Sony did?
P. S. Don't use Google as you don't want MS going to the regulators again now do we?
Big bad Google................. 😂😂😂
Mate he's probably a sore Sega loser now defected to MS because they got money. He's disingenuous and full of shit. It's so cringe and embarrassing that he keeps on responding even when getting owned. The only reason people hate MS cause of sad creepy basement dwellers like this guy.
I bet your Bing browser was busy all night doing your homework for your free shilling for MS..........
Your pathetic and three gens of being third have obviously irked you. Aww did SONY dominating damage your fragile ego? 😢😢😭
Are you stupid and retarded again?
Another retarded essay not worth my time.
Your a pathetic L....

🤭

Only from like the last two pages alone. Someone is extremely triggered because their FUD keeps getting dismantled. And looking back further you've been having these same arguments with tons of other people, lmao.

JFC...

🤭

Only from like the last two pages alone. Someone is extremely triggered because their FUD keeps getting dismantled. And looking back further you've been having these same arguments with tons of other people, lmao.

JFC...

Ok Yeah the name calling needs to stop or this site will end up like 4chan with a bunch of angry fanboys cussing eachother out.

Back on topic. Why are people so upset when this is going to be multiplatform anyways? Why are there several people in this thread that seem triggered? Like who gives a shit it will be multiplatform you can still play it like you always have.

Kagey K

Banned
Hey guys I've been on vacation for a bit what's going on?

This thread:

fire GIF

Me:
Im Out Harley Quinn GIF by HBO Max

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom