• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Source: Trust Me Bro] PlayStation Cloud Streaming Coming To PlayStation Portal!

That's precisely the point. For business strategies they're reserving the ability to do cloud streaming only for those who already have a PS5 but on that platform the feature is partially useless/redundant while the service is not available where it makes sense (PC, Portal).
Why streaming isn't available on the Portal today when there is obviously no technical barrier to do so?

There might not be a technical barrier, but they haven't done sufficient testing on the device. They've only just enabled PS5 streaming on the PS5 itself.

With sufficient testing and across varied bandwidths they'll either enable it on Portal or they won't.

On a PS5 you're more likely to have a stable connection maybe even on ethernet, with Portal, they know people will be outside of their home wifi.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
source

clickbait article 😋
It's curious why he doesn't paste the source.
In the original interview, there is no clear statement about implementing cloud streaming.
However, it seems to be technically simple.
Thank you. So it's possible is the most important thing I cared about. Good to see it is possible.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's obviously a matter of Sony balancing the expansion of their cloud streaming service ( for which the Portal would be an obvious great showcase product) and the desire to not let people find ways to avoid buying a PS5.
I guess they'll find a balance, cloud streaming will expand to Portal but the games selection will be curated/limited.

This is the main reason it's not there now. Unfortunately most people here don't quite understand this point. Sony is stuck in between policies right now. With Jimbo leaving it probably slows things down some.

But I see Sony doing 100% what you just said. Making a curated list of games that you can cloud stream.

Must be tough living life with your disability to think. There’s so many use cases for this, it’s embarrassing to lack this small level of comprehension
I have saved this post, when this fails in 2 years time, and Sony discontinue it, you will think twice about calling someone disabled with your useless fanboy brain of yours.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

I can definitely see this coming and 100% assumed it was going to. Right now we're using our own PS5s as game servers.

They could be setting up or securing more cloud to release this in a FW update.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
While this is not confirmation of anything, why would people think this is more unlikely than likely?

TheTony316

I have not seen more useless product then this shit, surly anyone with a half a brain can see this product is gonna fail, what are Sony thinking, technology is nowhere near ready for cloud streaming to be viable,🤦‍♂️

I can play PS5 in my bedroom with full dual sense features. That alone is more than enough for me.

FrankWza

I have saved this post, when this fails in 2 years time, and Sony discontinue it, you will think twice about calling someone disabled with your useless fanboy brain of yours.
It's a remote play device. Who cares if it's discontinued? It will still function the way it was intended and everyone who wanted one will have one at that point.

I have not seen more useless product then this shit, surly anyone with a half a brain can see this product is gonna fail, what are Sony thinking, technology is nowhere near ready for cloud streaming to be viable,🤦‍♂️

Glad you got that out of your system. Now can you go away and let others who do find a use for it discuss it? You know......since you're obviously not interested......

I can play PS5 in my bedroom with full dual sense features. That alone is more than enough for me.
You clearly have not tried remote play before, even if your entire setup is all ideally set up, it’s still bearly playable. Maybe I’m wrong, and Sony have made massive improvements, let me know how u get on when u get one.

TheTony316

You clearly have not tried remote play before, even if your entire setup is all ideally set up, it’s still bearly playable. Maybe I’m wrong, and Sony have made massive improvements, let me know how u get on when u get one.

It works really well for me, i have a 300 mb connection and it is more stable than the remote play app. The device itself is very comfortable to hold, much better than the Switch or a backbone. The screen is pretty nice too (it's a glossy one). Doesn't come close to an OLED TV but it's better than i expected.

So far, i'm happy.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Do you realize how unlikely it is for Sony to release a product and a few weeks later add cloud functionality?

Top Bottom