• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole Will Let You Play As A Girl

One of my E3 highlights was when Ubisoft showed more of South Park: The Fractured But Whole, the ridiculously titled sequel to Stick of Truth. Everything they’ve said since then has been just as exciting.

For example, South Park maestros Trey Parker and Matt Stone confirmed later last week that unlike the first game, you won’t just be restricted to a boy character in The Fractured But Whole—you’ll be able to play as a girl, too. Naturally, this will have an effect on how your character interacts with Cartman and the other boys, which could be hilarious, if they handle it right.

Said Matt Stone in a delightful interview with Entertainment Weekly:

In Stick of Truth we got halfway through the game, and we had narratively come up with the big Girls’ Quest halfway through it. [The Girls] were a faction in the fantasy world. And then someone’s like, “What if you want to be a girl?” Narratively, it didn’t work. We’d have to sh– can the whole game. So we just left it the way it was. This time, we obviously wanted to add that.

ltllvxwrxqrdasn9gc2x.JPG

EDIT: This appears to be a press shot of Wendy's superhero character. The female character you create in-game will most likely look different.

SOURCE: http://kotaku.com/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-will-let-you-play-a-1782305546

SOURCE: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/15/south-park-video-games-trey-parker-matt-stone

Shaanyboi

Banned
Cool

Didn't really work with how the story worked the first time around considering you had to sneakily infiltrate the girl's club, but if the story accommodates it this time, then that's rad.

T.O.P

Banned
Naturally, this will have an effect on how your character interacts with Cartman and the other boys, which could be hilarious, if they handle it right.

Niceeee

I can't fuckin wait to play this, it's gonna be amazing

stufte

Is every thread going to have a first post calling out Nintendo on something now?

First I see it in the reactions about Neo and Scorpio announcements and now this?

People did the same thing in threads right after the Ubisoft AssCreed female playable character thing. It's like some sort of war with sides for some people.

That characters will react to you being female is the best part about this. Cartman and crew would respond differently to a girl than they would a boy. And it sounds like that will be included in the game.

Andrefpvs

Pretty cool! I hope there's tons of different interactions between the boys and the girl, would make it even more interesting (and would also add replay value).

T.O.P

Banned
That characters will react to you being female is the best part about this. Cartman and crew would respond differently to a girl than they would a boy. And it sounds like that will be included in the game.

Yes makes it for a great incentive for a second playthrough for me

Oregano

Ugh. You guys are annoying

but not the other 97% of devs and publishers?

Is every thread going to have a first post calling out Nintendo on something now?

First I see it in the reactions about Neo and Scorpio announcements and now this?

Predictable terrible first post. Never change Gaf.

I was joking... I kinda wish I wasn't first post now.

I didn't want to derail, this is a really cool addition.

It was unfortunate you couldn't do that in the first game but it's not like South Park is something I expect to be super progressive with their character creation systems.

Glad they're doing it this time around, though if the story's continuing off the first game I wonder how they're handling that. Or if they'll just ignore it.

-shadow-

Wait... You couldn't play as a girl in the original game? I never bothered with the game myself for to long, but I'm actually kinda surprised.

GamerJM

Banned
lol people being mad at that first post.
I don't care about South Park but this option is cool. Especially with it having a effect on the story.

I'm not mad but posts like that are obnoxious in the context of the gaming community as a whole, where it feels like Nintendo can get an unnecessary amount of shit from time to time. I don't excuse their terrible reasons for not allowing a female playable character in BotW but I do think something like "I hope Nintendo, Sony, Bethesda, etc. take note," would sound less fanboyish than "Get rekt Nintendo". Then again the poster can post whatever they want, and express their opinions in whatever manner they please.

Anyways, good on them. I never played Stick of Truth but the fact that you couldn't play as a girl in that game is disappointing to me.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Wait... You couldn't play as a girl in the original game? I never bothered with the game myself for to long, but I'm actually kinda surprised.

There was a specific section in the game where you had to infiltrate the girls' club, so your character underwent a makeover to go undercover. The joke obviously wouldn't have really worked if your character was already a girl.

Top Bottom