• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] The ESRB has revealed what caused the Batman Arkham Knight M rating

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Content Descriptors: Blood, Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence

Rating Summary: This is an action-adventure game in which players primarily assume the role of Batman as he battles several villains spreading chaos across Gotham City. Players traverse a variety of locations around Gotham while battling thugs, examining crime scenes, and occasionally rescuing hostages. Players engage in melee-style combat using punches, kicks, and gadgets (e.g., batarangs, explosives). Enemies cry out in pain when struck, and some takedowns are highlighted by brief slow-motion effects and loud impact sounds. Some sequences allow players to use tank-like vehicles with machine gun turrets and rockets to shoot enemies; a vehicle’s wheels are also used to torture an enemy in one sequence. Cutscenes depict characters getting shot (on and off camera) while restrained or unarmed. Large bloodstains/pools of blood appear in crime scenes and in the aftermath of violent acts; one room depicts a person torturing a character on a bloody operating table. During the course of the game, players can shoot unarmed characters and a hostage. Neon signs in a red-light district read “live nude girls” and “XXX.” The words “b*tch,” “gobsh*te,” and “a*s” appear in the dialogue.

ESRB (via GamerCenterOnline)

Please lock if old.

massoluk

Banned
a vehicle’s wheels are also used to torture an enemy in one sequence.

Uh.... I hope the enemy has some kind of invulnerability. This sounds extreme even for the god damn Batman..

BY2K

Membero Americo
The hell is gobsh*te?

Also,

During the course of the game, players can shoot unarmed characters and a hostage.

Do you get to play AS the Arkham Knight? Or maybe Red Hood?

maneil99

Always thought the whole "can't kill anyone" thing was fucking dumb. Oh let me paralyze you and break every bone in your body but god forbid you die.

Soulflarz

Banned
Always thought the whole "can't kill anyone" thing was fucking dumb. Oh let me paralyze you and break every bone in your body but god forbid you die.

You forgot hanging them from buildings and cutting the wire, shoving them off buildings, etc.
Literally, as long as you didnt *directly* see your murder, your morally fine in that game.

Can't you play as both Harley Quinn and Red Hood from pre orders? Is preorder DLC typically included in ratings like these?

bomblord1

Banned
That warrants an M rating?

Yeeees?
vehicle’s wheels are also used to torture an enemy in one sequence. Cutscenes depict characters getting shot (on and off camera) while restrained or unarmed. Large bloodstains/pools of blood appear in crime scenes and in the aftermath of violent acts; one room depicts a person torturing a character on a bloody operating table. During the course of the game, players can shoot unarmed characters and a hostage.

Shaanyboi

Banned
The hell is gobsh*te?

Also,

Do you get to play AS the Arkham Knight? Or maybe Red Hood?

batman-arkham-knight-pre-order-bonus-gamestop.jpg

I hope it's like the Dark Knight Strikes Again where Batman just gets people to kill for him :p Although shooting people with a tank seems to be stretching the already thin line of plausibility for his pacifism.

Bats finally decides he's had it and goes pow pow on Gotham's villains. It's the perfect plan, they'd never expect it from him then pow! :p

When he's confronted by Alfred and the Bat Family, he quotes Lucius Lyon before
killing them. Did you think I'd put something else in spoilers?

Savitar

I almost decided to make a remark about how Batman first appeared and did use a gun for a number of issues.

But then I decided to make a remark about a remark about how Batman first appeared and did use a gun for a number of issues.

Because.

Kazuhira

Maybe it´s about using the batmobile to shoot random thugs in the city.
I´m pretty sure i saw that in the last trailer.

You probably play as the Arkham Knight for a small bit.
I can imagine a scene where Two Face is holding up hostages and they witness what looks like Batman coming to save them, but it turns out to be the Arkham Knight and then the game lets you control him and it's up to you to decide their fate.
The rest just sounds like this game is gonna get grimy as hell.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I've got to be honest--I'm not seeing much difference between this and Arkham Origins when it comes to violence.

Marcel

A Lighter and campier Batman game with the arkham combat system would be delightful.

I would pay big money for Adam West 60s Batman game with Arkham gameplay. Joyless Batman might be the canon at this point in time but I'm pretty worn out by it personally.

Top Bottom