• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] The ESRB has revealed what caused the Batman Arkham Knight M rating

Shaanyboi

Banned
A Lighter and campier Batman game with the arkham combat system would be delightful.

Sure, I'd be into a campy Batman game with the Arkham mechanics, but not if they're intending on presenting the same world and the same continuity. You don't continue a story by making situations less fucked-up.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
batman-arkham-knight-pre-order-bonus-gamestop.jpg

So I need to preorder on GS to get the full game experience. I fucking hate in-game preorder garbage like this. :sigh

Shaanyboi

Banned
So I need to preorder on GS to get the full game experience. I fucking hate in-game preorder garbage like this. :sigh

Or wait til that shit goes on sale or something afterwards. How much pre-order exclusive content that's carved out of games is ever actually good?

Error

Or wait til that shit goes on sale or something afterwards. How much pre-order exclusive content that's carved out of games is ever actually good?

I never played the Catwoman stuff in City, so I don't know how substancial this stuff is.

I'm calling it, Batman Dies and for some reason Arkham Knight becomes the new player character.

You better get the PS4 version, all the nightmare missions will be exclusive to that version.

Error

Except the Catwoman stuff came with every new copy of the game. It wasn't limited to pre-orders or a specific retailer.

I bought it used, so that's why I don't know how much stuff is in these pre-order or new copies in-game extra goodies.

You better get the PS4 version, all the nightmare missions will be exclusive to that version.
That's the version I'm getting.

I'll probably get it new this time around, last time I bought Asylum like a week before City was released so I didn't buy City until much later. I didn't want to get burned out on Arkham games by playing both back to back.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The words “b*tch,” “gobsh*te,” and “a*s” appear in the dialogue.
This is totally unsurprising to me. I really, really hope they don't use it much. I stopped playing Arkham City pretty early on because I got tired of eeeeeeveryone calling Catwoman this.

Even if you get it at GS you know a lot of DLC is gonna be made for this so technically you still won't have every single content for the full experience. Wait for the GOTY edition if it bothers you.

This is totally unsurprising to me. I really, really hope they don't use it much. I stopped playing Arkham City pretty early on because I got tired of eeeeeeveryone calling Catwoman this.
Yeah, that was very annoying. It almost reminded me of Splinter Cell Conviction, where you were called every name in the book.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
huh maybe get to play as arkham knight, i get there is red hood dlc however I see them making arkham knight stuff first and then the dlc add on

I haven't read comics in a few years but did they ever drop the no kill policy Batman has? Because I see this and I wonder how on earth that's still around when he's doing stuff like this.

Unless the shooting is a Scarecrow hallucination (he's afraid of what he might turn into etc.) or you play as someone else for that scene. Still though with the wheels.

Sheroking

I haven't read comics in a few years but did they ever drop the no kill policy Batman has? Because I see this and I wonder how on earth that's still around when he's doing stuff like this.

No, they've never dropped it and they never will. It's as essential to his character as anything else in the mythos.

He's not actually shooting anyone. He doesn't use guns. Cannons on a tank that shoot bean bags or rubber bullets? Sure.

JNA

Banned
Guys, maybe it's not THE Batman, but Thomas Wayne Batman!

Eh? You know, alternate timeline/universe sort of deal?

...I'll see myself out.

DryvBy

Batman is tired of the current revolving door judicial system. Joker will finally quit breaking out because Batman will just kill him and anyone else that's killing people.

This is the Batman that could make Gotham actually safe since the guards can't keep dangerous criminals locked up.

Flavius

They're totally pulling a Kojima on us with this one, aren't they. Play as Batman for a level or two, and as AK for the rest...that would be so horrible, and hilarious!

Percy

Banned
Batman and his well known love of mowing down criminals with guns and rockets.

Did Tim Burton make this game perchance?

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Batman and his well known love of mowing down criminals with guns and rockets.

Did Tim Burton make this game perchance?

I honestly think that Batman: Arkham as always been about hurting guys but not killing them. But I know for a fact, most of these people in real life would have been killed.

Top Bottom