• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tsukihime -A piece of blue glass moon- Reveals ESRB Rating Description | Western release for PS4 and Switch arriving in 2024

You can view the official ESRB rating description for Tsukihime -A piece of blue glass moon- below:

This is a visual novel in which players follow the story of a high-school student who encounters vampires and ghouls in Japan. As players progress through the narrative, they view stylized story sequences (mostly still images), some depicting violence and blood: blood splatter; pools of blood; characters killed off camera; a character’s hand repeatedly stabbed.

The text includes descriptive details of violent acts (e.g., “I stab, I cut, I slice, I carve. Severing piece after piece until nothing is left…”; “After listening to the weakling beg for its life, she begins her meticulous work…Once the other arm is gone too, she swaps her tools and sets work on its inside.”).

Some sequences depict severed limbs and dismembered body parts in large pools of blood. A female vampire is depicted partially nude, with exposed pelvic area (no genitalia), and her arm covering her breasts. The words “f**k” and “sh*t” are heard in the game.

Tsukihime -A piece of blue glass moon- will launch Westward for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 in 2024.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I finished this recently.

So many people call this a remake, and it really stretches the meaning of that, as its essentially a complete retelling of Tsukihime. While only containing 2 routes from the original, they deviate greatly (especially Ciels) from the original visual novel.

Old characters are written out, new characters are written in, the replacement antagonist just strait up sucks compared the original, and it feels much more convoluted than the original... it does include the famous "this chair" scene in wonderful HD though, so at least there's that.

I always preferred Tsukihime over Fate, but I'm not so sure I prefer this. Its one of those things where with visual novels they are essentially a book with visuals and the odd choice, so could you really say its the same game if you rewrite 2/3rds of it? It feels much less grounded and leans very heavily towards the more shark jumping bad writing that the recent fate series loves to ruin its franchise with.

It's intresting none the less and it explains why the Melty Blood reboot had a load of boring new characters I didn't give 2 shits about instead of the classic line up of characters, the new ones still fucking suck though, because they suck here too.

Last edited:
I finished this recently.

So many people call this a remake, and it really stretches the meaning of that, as its essentially a complete retelling of Tsukihime. While only containing 2 routes from the original, they deviate greatly (especially Ciels) from the original visual novel.

Old characters are written out, new characters are written in, the replacement antagonist just strait up sucks compared the original, and it feels much more convoluted than the original... it does include the famous "this chair" scene in wonderful HD though, so at least there's that.

I always preferred Tsukihime over Fate, but I'm not so sure I prefer this. Its one of those things where with visual novels they are essentially a book with visuals and the odd choice, so could you really say its the same game if you rewrite 2/3rds of it? It feels much less grounded and leans very heavily towards the more shark jumping bad writing that the recent fate series loves to ruin its franchise with.

It's intresting none the less and it explains why the Melty Blood reboot had a load of boring new characters I didn't give 2 shits about instead of the classic line up of characters, the new ones still fucking suck though, because they suck here too.
Damn are you this mad about Njrudeggrujfrujbhttv Chaos?

The remake is an entirely new timeline. I'm assuming changes were made because of the planned upcoming Satsuki route. The OG is still there if you love Nuetujsrinvridh Chaos that much. I'm very happy with the remake, especially since it actually made the Ciel route substantially different and unique. And yeah I liked Vlov. VLOV ANGRY! VLOV SMASH!

Last edited:

killatopak

The remake is an entirely new timeline.
I thought the remake will actually be canon now. I haven’t played the game cause I’m waiting for the official english release but I heard they’re actually making characters in the remake stronger to keep up with the Fate powercreep. A lot of the old interviews like Arc taking on 5 servants on her base weakened form seems to be increasingly unlikely as new servants gets introduced. Likewise, Ciel is supposed to be able to go toe to toe with one servant but her original release seems so weak in comparison to servants nowadays.

I thought the remake will actually be canon now. I haven’t played the game cause I’m waiting for the official english release but I heard they’re actually making characters in the remake stronger to keep up with the Fate powercreep. A lot of the old interviews like Arc taking on 5 servants on her base weakened form seems to be increasingly unlikely as new servants gets introduced. Likewise, Ciel is supposed to be able to go toe to toe with one servant but her original release seems so weak in comparison to servants nowadays.
I have read the remake already through the fan translation project, and I also plan on buying the retail version when it is released.

There are no Holy Grail Wars in the Tsukihime timeline, which includes Melty Blood and Mahoyo (Witch on the Holy Night). So any speculation about how strong the various Tsukihime characters are compared to Servants in Fate is ultimately pointless. The appearance of living human characters like Shiki and Erice in FGO is hand-waved away by some nonsense about how they are summoned as Pseudo-Servants or some bullshit. Arcueid also crossing over and having a FGO appearance is just for fun and fan service. It's best not to think about it too much, FGO is for memes.

The remake establishes a new timeline, along with Melty Blood Type Lumina. In Nasuverse, all timelines simultaneously exist and are "canon" whatever the fuck that is lol.

killatopak

There are no Holy Grail Wars in the Tsukihime timeline, which includes Melty Blood and Mahoyo (Witch on the Holy Night).
Huh? Since when? I’m not up to date with the Nasuverse since Fate/Ataraxia but isn’t the person who fixes Shirou in Heaven’s Feel Touko? She’s a central character in Kara no Kyoukai and also the sister of Aoko, the one who gave Shiki his glasses to suppress his mystic eyes. That seems to tie up all three main stories in the Nasuverse.

Paltheos

M rating is no surprise.
Still salty a PC release for one of the more famous VNs was nixed but at least I'll have another chance to give my Switch a workout I guess.
Still no date though, huh?

graywolf323

M rating is no surprise.
Still salty a PC release for one of the more famous VNs was nixed but at least I'll have another chance to give my Switch a workout I guess.
Still no date though, huh?
hopefully it‘ll come later like Witch on the Holy Night is (that one is set to finally release on Steam in December)

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
449.gif
449.gif
449.gif

Huh? Since when? I’m not up to date with the Nasuverse since Fate/Ataraxia but isn’t the person who fixes Shirou in Heaven’s Feel Touko? She’s a central character in Kara no Kyoukai and also the sister of Aoko, the one who gave Shiki his glasses to suppress his mystic eyes. That seems to tie up all three main stories in the Nasuverse.
Aozaki Aoko and Touko cross over multiple times to Fate, you also meet them in Fate/Extra. You are correct that Touko is the one who "resurrects" Shirou in the good ending of HF.

KnK is it's own splinter universe. It's like Fate/Prototype, because it was an early version of what would become something else, it's not formally a part of any other timeline.

That said, there are no HGW in any of the Tsukihime timeline stories. The Tsukihime timeline and Fate timeline are clearly delineated by a single fact: The 27 Dead Apostle Ancestors still exist in the Tsukihime timeline, but they are already all gone in the Fate timeline. I don't think any official reason is given but my headcanon is that because the DAA still exist in the Tsukihime timeline, the Church and the Mages Association are quite busy with fighting vampires and mages don't have time to fuck around summoning Servants and having HGW.

edit: Alright, I found some info about this.

Although most works share a similar foundation and could be said to all be Parallel Worlds to each other, there are actually two major branches of worldlines, the Fate Worlds (Fate世界, Feito Sekai?) and the Tsukihime Worlds (月姫世界, Tsukihime Sekai?). Fate Worlds are based in the "Affirmation of Human History" where Heroic Spirits can be summoned as Servants, and Tsukihime Worlds are based in the "■■■■■■■■ of Human History" where the concept of summoning Heroic Spirits is laughable and where Dead Apostles, the antithesis of Human History, stand at the center of the story. There are also worlds that share elements of both Fate and Tsukihime worlds, but do not clearly favor one side or the other.[5]

Last edited:

killatopak

Aozaki Aoko and Touko cross over multiple times to Fate, you also meet them in Fate/Extra. You are correct that Touko is the one who "resurrects" Shirou in the good ending of HF.

KnK is it's own splinter universe. It's like Fate/Prototype, because it was an early version of what would become something else, it's not formally a part of any other timeline.

That said, there are no HGW in any of the Tsukihime timeline stories. The Tsukihime timeline and Fate timeline are clearly delineated by a single fact: The 27 Dead Apostle Ancestors still exist in the Tsukihime timeline, but they are already all gone in the Fate timeline. I don't think any official reason is given but my headcanon is that because the DAA still exist in the Tsukihime timeline, the Church and the Mages Association are quite busy with fighting vampires and mages don't have time to fuck around summoning Servants and having HGW.

edit: Alright, I found some info about this.

Damn. I read the article and this came up as one of the reference points. This is Nasu.
Q: Fate/stay night is a story set in the same world as Kara no Kyoukai and Tsukihime, isn't it? If that's right, then what's the temporal relationship between them?

A: It's the same world. And I can't give you exact dates, but basically Fate and Tsukihime are set around the same time, while Kara no Kyoukai is a little bit further in the past.
That’s in 2004.

Then FGO obviously fucked with the whole thing. I read his two blogposts explaining why he made FGO(basically to focus on side characters) and how he made Tsukihime and Fate separate as a result.

http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/log/201705.html
http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/log/201704.html

I mean Arcueid can still hop on other timeline like she did in Fate/Extra but I guess a meeting between the three protagonists is off the table. Here I thought there was a chance since Archer clearly references Ciel by saying she gave him his iconic coat.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I dont know much about Type Moon stuff other than watching Fate/Zero and The Garden of Sinners.

I especially liked The Garden of Sinners...
kara_no_kyoukai_the_garden_of_sinners_797.webp

Guess I'll put this here instead of making a new thread. They officially confirmed the release window for the West as 'Summer 2024'. Oh and they opened pre-orders too, so if you want the limited edition might as well grab it asap (US only).

Last edited:
Top Bottom