• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix has now announced that Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis (iOS/Android) has surpassed two million downloads

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
QaZx6SC.jpg

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Square Enix are renowned for their incredibly high expectations for mobile game revenue and will mercilessly close any title that does not reach them in a very short time frame.

No doubt people are about to learn this for the 20th time this half century, don't ever invest money into free 2 play gatcha garbage.

Instead buy the Megaman game capcom re-released with all the features and the gatcha removed for a set price. Because what was there is worth playing.

Last edited:
Didn't realize this was out already. What a damn shame they went mobile.. This version was my more ideal version of a remake, not too embellished, just upgraded. Do we have any suspected news or rumors of console version?

Draugoth

Gold Member
[Over 2 million downloads! ]

Thanks to everyone, #FF7EC has surpassed 2 million downloads. As a token of our gratitude, we will present you with 1,000 Blue Crystals. <Receipt period: Until 10/8 (Sunday) 23:59>

Reaseru

I'm a giant FF7 whore, its my favorite game ever, I love Remake, Rebirth is my most anticipated game.. and I hate this stupid game. Its structure is incredibly stupid.

Other thing i don't quite understood yet, it's the timing of the release of this game...i mean, why are they releasing this a few months before FFVII Rebirth? The game seems to share assets with FFVII Remake...Is this game going to show assets from Rebirth before its release?

For me this game would gain a lot by showing the fans stories from the another characters, other places. Valentine's origin... The Turks origin... How Sephiroth and Angeal (and Genesis) first met. Red's story.... How Shinra came to be...The first years of Cloud within Soldier....Stories that fill the gaps between the "main games". Just like the one that comes this game, the one with young Sephiroth. This game will need content to last, or else it will become another First Soldier.

The game is literally free to download. Who cares how many times it was downloaded?

A “successful launch”? Is this all it takes now to be a “success”? Get people to click that “get” button on your free app?

Last edited:
it’ll exceed 2 million uninstalls once they play it. Looks great at its reusing the remakes assets but it’s gatcha trash that starts with the bombing run for like the 20th time I’ve done that.

Solidus_T

I saw people posting about this game on twitter and how it will feature Sephiroth's backstory and got excited, only to realize that it's a p2w game. Such a shame that lore for a beloved series is being handled this way.

BootsLoader

Banned
Gameplay wise, it’s a good game, graphics are cool also. Everything else sucks flying cocks. Shame the shit so hard on FF7.

K2D

Banned
Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

This game is next to useless. I can't recommend it to other people because they've destroyed a beloved game with lottery mechanics, and the first hours are bogged down with lottery and tutorials.

.. and I don't want to sit through it because it makes my stomach churn.

Maybe there's an audience for this game. I feel sorry for them because they've got bigger problems than being ripped off of their time and money by games like this.

BootsLoader

Banned
After some days of playing I lost any interest and un installed the game. It is a gatcha shitshow. The menu is like Las Vegas, it hurts my eyes, all these shiny bullshit cards, passes, crystals etc. are hurting my entertainment. The beautiful story is choked by SE bad decisions. This could be a beautiful one time purchase game but no, SE decisions......

Gambit2483

After some days of playing I lost any interest and un installed the game. It is a gatcha shitshow. The menu is like Las Vegas, it hurts my eyes, all these shiny bullshit cards, passes, crystals etc. are hurting my entertainment. The beautiful story is choked by SE bad decisions. This could be a beautiful one time purchase game but no, SE decisions......
Really shitty how they portayed the game as simply a celebration of the entire FF7 saga all the while hiding all of the bs mtx's and gatcha mechanics smh...

Last edited:
I downloaded it, played for a bit, and microtransactions up to the moon, even more BS to push it, and even more somehow, so I did the right thing:

Nohatespeech Nohate GIF by Democratic Meme Factory

BootsLoader

Banned
However they are not telling us active users. If they have 7 million installs and 6 million uninstalls, then this information is worthless.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Free download on a device everyone has.

Big deal.

I guess it’s an announcement to draw more attention to it. Make the game sound too important for the FOMO crowd to miss out on, so they can capture some whales.

Last edited:

ssringo

I gave it a good try and its not that bad but it demands too much time and attention.

The gacha and pricing is absolute cancer though. Whale or gtfo.

Top Bottom