• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix is handpicking access to Forspoken review codes. Apparently no PC review codes either

Nydius

I'm gonna take the high road with this, the devs tried to make something different.
Genuinely curious what you find particularly "different" about the game.

Playing the demo, I couldn't stop thinking about how this felt like FF15 except instead of 4 characters with their own unique weapons, you have one character who uses magic spells that do basically the same thing. Traversal is obviously different than FF15 but it's nothing particularly new in the gaming world. The open world in the demo was bland and empty -- basically just empty space to traverse.

I dunno, maybe I'm jaded. I'm just not seeing anything different here.

Ellery

Great thing for me is that I always handpick the games I buy too and I don't preorder games.

I am basically looking at technical videos, reviews and in general what people say about a game.

Forspoken will have a really hard time getting my attention once it releases. Doesn't look too promising, but if for some unexpected reason the game does turn out to be a masterpiece then I will have a look.

Top Bottom