• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: 'Arena Commander' Dogfighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumicide

Banned
Why is it that my spaceship (300 series) sounds less impressive than a Prius? Did they forget to do proper engine sounds?

Irobot82

I use MSI Afterburner.. it can show you vram usage, temp, etc etc

I couldn't get that to work either. I actually uninstaleld Afterburner recently it was affecting youtube vidoes, my screen would freak out and be just a bunch of lines everywhere....dang.....

I couldn't get that to work either. I actually uninstaleld Afterburner recently it was affecting youtube vidoes, my screen would freak out and be just a bunch of lines everywhere....dang.....

You should look into that. Artifacts are not a good thing. You probably need to bring your clocks down or get better cooling and then hope that it isn't dyng.

red731

Home.
Still isn't downloaded.
Download speed 243KBs...ETD 5h55min

wat
wtzgU.gif

Irobot82

You should look into that. Artifacts are not a good thing. You probably need to bring your clocks down or get better cooling and then hope that it isn't dyng.

Well once I uninstalled Afterburner it doesn't do it anymore. Also even on default clocks it would still do it. It was the only consistent I found that did it. It used to do it a few months ago to and I did something to fix it but I don't remember.

So now just using CCC I overclock and everything is fine, not more screen freakouts. They aren't artifacts. At least I don't think it is. I don't know man.

"Please resolve the following:

A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine."

I need to install an older version?

Those controls for the 360 controller in game do not match up with the actual bindings. It says afterburner is X but it is actually B.

elyetis

I finaly found what is probably my biggest problem with the aiming ( and control of the ship ), there is some kind of dead zone where aiming almost change nothing about the ship direction.
It try to do two things at once with the mouse, aiming and controling the ship, and they try to do that by using that dead zone kind of like with fps in motion gaming. And I just think it doesn't work well with the game since it make the ship feel like he is unresponsive.

But controling the ship with the mouse/a joystick and aiming with an Oculus or even some TrackIR would probably be the best thing ever.

I still don't really get some aspect of the controls, are we supposed to be able to go up/down and strafe left/right without toggling decoupled ?

MrBig

Here's my first flailings about

http://a.pomf.se/qudioi.webm

Flying is going to take quite some getting used to, and I'm now pretty sure I'll be getting a stick, as I don't like all the modifier keys needed to do everything on a 360 controller.

Playing at 2560x1440 on a 3570k @ 4.4ghz and gtx670 @ 1.28ghz, getting 30-40fps on high.

epmode

Why is it that my spaceship (300 series) sounds less impressive than a Prius? Did they forget to do proper engine sounds?

CIG needs to hire Elite's sound designer. Dude's amazing.

I assume that SC's engine sounds aren't anywhere near complete, though. They sounded pretty good in that Hornet ad.

Thanks. So it runs without installing an older version?

Yes, since you already have a later version. CIG forgot to make it so that the installer suppresses non-critical errors like that.

SpyGuy239

I finaly found what is probably my biggest problem with the aiming ( and control of the ship ), there is some kind of dead zone where aiming almost change nothing about the ship direction.
It try to do two things at once with the mouse, aiming and controling the ship, and they try to do that by using that dead zone kind of like with fps in motion gaming. And I just think it doesn't work well with the game since it make the ship feel like he is unresponsive.

But controling the ship with the mouse/a joystick and aiming with an Oculus or even some TrackIR would probably be the best thing ever.

I still don't really get some aspect of the controls, are we supposed to be able to go up/down and strafe left/right without toggling decoupled ?

Looking forward to that Track IR support! Come on Chris Roberts!

Karak

IU have to say bravo to them. This runs far better than I had ever thought it would to be brutally honest.

Turns out, I have to re-install Star Citizen because I'm part of the group of people that have hangups/freezing when transitioning from Hanger to Arena Commander. #TheThirstIsReal ;__;

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I got 4 ships in my hangar. The first two are the Aurora and the 300i (not mine) and the other two are the Aurora and the Avenger (mine).

I don't know if it's only for me the case, but for the Arena Dogfighting you get extra ships. My own Aurora doesn't work.

Here's why you have extra ships:

Only the basic models of the Aurora, 300i and Hornet are flyable in Arena Commander. So when people have non-basic models of those ships, they get extra ships that are the basic model in their hangars.

For example, you probably have an Aurora variant, like the LX or LN. That's why "your" Aurora doesn't work with Arena Commander, and they've given you another Aurora that does work with Arena Commander. That other Aurora is an Aurora MR, the basic model.

People who own, say, a 325a will have a 325a and a 300i in their hangars, and only the 300i will be flyable.

Future versions of Arena Commander will allow all the variants to be flyable, and you'll stop having duplicate ships in your hangar.

Here's why you have extra ships:

Only the basic models of the Aurora, 300i and Hornet are flyable in Arena Commander. So when people have non-basic models of those ships, they get extra ships that are the basic model in their hangars.

For example, you probably have an Aurora variant, like the LX or LN. That's why "your" Aurora doesn't work with Arena Commander, and they've given you another Aurora that does work with Arena Commander. That other Aurora is an Aurora MR, the basic model.

People who own, say, a 325a will have a 325a and a 300i in their hangars, and only the 300i will be flyable.

Future versions of Arena Commander will allow all the variants to be flyable, and you'll stop having duplicate ships in your hangar.
I have the base 300i and I still got a loaner 300i.

How do you enable SMAA?

I need a 21:9 monitor!
r_AntialiasingMode=#
0 : Off
1 : SMAA LOW
2 : SMAA MEDIUM
3 : SMAA MGPU
4 : SMAA HIGH
5 : FXAA
6 : TXAA MEDIUM
7 : TXAA HIGH
8 : MSAA LOW
9 : MSAA MEDIUM
10 : MSAA HIGH
Some are broken. SMAA was the only one that worked for me.

No need. Deal with the black bars. Its like a movie!
A bonus:
14346539295_1d17f5465e_o.png

GrizzNKev

Banned
THIS GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME. Everything I ever dreamed of, and this is only the beginning.

I desperately need ships better than the Aurora. It handles like butt.

trying to land on that platform is really hard, my nose won't stay planted on the ground and my landing gear keeps glitching away. Other than that, it's actually pretty fun and runs a lot better than I thought on my system maxed out at 1080p

How are you getting such good performance? SLI/Crossfire is broken at the moment for most people.

3570k @ 4.2 GHz
1x GTX 780 (With memory @ 7 GHz, power target at 106% and core clock set to auto)
16GB Ram @ 1600 MHz
Windows 8.1
Mechanical Drive

There are drops at 4k, but nothing major (>25 FPS on average). I also get crashes if my ship blows up.
I dropped the res to that 2.40:1 one and everything seems good and runs at 30.
1080p is a locked 60fps.

This is looking so good. My body and GTX770 are ready. I cant wait to get home from work.

I may have to sneak out in about an hour.

epmode

Man, I really need to upgrade from a 570.

Could you guys recommend a good Nvidia upgrade for someone with an i7 OC'd to 4 ghz? My monitor is 2560x1600 so I need high VRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom