• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: Hangar Module

Ephemeris

Game is DX11 only, just like Crysis 3. Any future CryEngine 3 title will follow and probably Frostbite 3 will also be DX11 only.

Yeah. Part of me doesn't mind upgrading soon, but with PS4/XBone on the way.. plus the fact I'd be upgrading for a bloody hangar module (lol) I'll probably just pass.

Not sure if it's been posted already, but crossfired cards do not work for the module right now, nor do dual-gpu cards like the radeon 5990 or 6990. Not sure about the nvidia side of things.

Once I switched over to my 5970 everything started to work fine, but I still can't get in due to the login timeout/connection error a lot of people are receiving.

Mindlog

Access denied D:
Sorry about that. Here's some compensation.

jncgiPe.jpg

cwRB7KU.jpg

Bonus image of the day: Drivable Crysis Buggy

Has anyone gotten the hangar to run at a resolution higher than 1080p? I can't seem to run it at 2560 x 1440.

Nothing I enter into the system.cfg makes a difference and the console won't allow me to change the resolution after I'm already in the game.

picked up the freelancer, constellation and cutlass today since none of my other pledge ships were viewable in hangar yet. made a video and some pics below. I'm really impressed so far given this is an unoptimized pre pre pre pre alpha version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Wzp0HKOp4
Series of incredibly sexy NSFW images
/jealous

I wish I had the financial freedom to buy all of that and not feel guilty as hell.

red731

So after numerous blackscreens and restart after like three noproblem runs, RadeonPro can't seem to catch on that game any more.
MSI AFTER and RIVAT OSD are both off. Hmm....

Brokun

It's weird but I'm unable to take screenshots on my gtx 770 using print screen. Every time I try to paste from the clipboard into photoshop it gives me a full black image. Any tips?

epmode

Has anyone gotten the hangar to run at a resolution higher than 1080p? I can't seem to run it at 2560 x 1440.

Nothing I enter into the system.cfg makes a difference and the console won't allow me to change the resolution after I'm already in the game.

I think the resolution settings are in those encrypted XML files. An excellent person earlier in this thread suggested deleting or renaming the entire USER folder and then relaunching the game since the default behavior is to run at your native resolution.

epmode

It's weird but I'm unable to take screenshots on my gtx 770 using print screen. Every time I try to paste from the clipboard into photoshop it gives me a full black image. Any tips?

This is why we have FRAPS or whatever the kids are using these days.

I think the resolution settings are in those encrypted XML files. An excellent person earlier in this thread suggested deleting or renaming the entire USER folder and then relaunching the game since the default behavior is to run at your native resolution.
I edited the game.cfg in the USER folder and it worked.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Mindlog

Crossposting from COMM - STAR CITIZEN, Chris Roberts' (Wing Commander) New Game [$16 million funded]

For those who want to try and access their hangar - try it now, I can get in all the time now. That wasn't the case in the afternoon.

Also created profile in RadeonPro to at least check the FPS and turn VSYNC and AA with AF on.

Nice images with the assets!

Here is my baby
Did you get LTI yet?
I can flip your package for you. Just let me know.
Testing!

red731

So after numerous blackscreens and restart after like three noproblem runs, RadeonPro can't seem to catch on that game any more.
MSI AFTER and RIVAT OSD are both off. Hmm....

Found culprit - AA filter on, no CFAA then. ed: maybe
Now on fixing the black screen when the RP is injected.

RadeonPro must be set as 32/64bit since the exe is 64bits! Lower right corner of RadeoPro!

Good on the server side. 16x the servers is pretty damn good.

SinSilla

I'm a sucker for good cockpits, and these are some mighty fine cockpits. I think I'm ready to pledge now.

But can someone enlighten me, why exactly should I invest in one of the better ships now (besides hype and too much money)? Is there an estimate how many ships there will be and how hard it will be to obtain them?

If I can get an upgraded/bigger/better ship after a couple hours playtime I see no reason to dish out the money now.

red731

Yeah, I have one tip if you don't use FRAPS or other.

When in game, press ~ (under ESC) to open a console - you will see nothing there.
Exit the console and try and press print screen F12 and open the console again - there should be some info that you took the screenshot.

They are saving to ...\StarCitizen\CitizenClient\USER\ScreenShots

Dont know if it really is print screen or something else tho.

PSA
I can confirm that the screenshot key is F12, saving to directory path listed above.

MrBig

I'm a sucker for good cockpits, and these are some mighty fine cockpits. I think I'm ready to pledge now.

But can someone enlighten me, why exactly should I invest in one of the better ships now (besides hype and too much money)? Is there an estimate how many ships there will be and how hard it will be to obtain them?

If I can get an upgraded/bigger/better ship after a couple hours playtime I see no reason to dish out the money now.

Just pay however much you're willing to support the project for, everything can be earned ingame.

epmode

Some interview with Chris Roberts had him estimating one month of gameplay to buy something like the Constellation.

red731

I know this is pretty useless since we are in preAlpha, but hey -

I have not oc'd i7 3770k yet with 16gb ram and 7970 3gb ghz ed.

Not using vsync and taken from left corner when facing the ship in that small hangar for one ship
lKvLpTDl.jpg
-
ALSO - if using windowed, fps are capped to 60
alt + enter changed win/fs in cryengine made games

1920x1080, fullscreen, uncapped

low - 149 fps
medium - 127 fps
high - 95 fps
very high - 73 fps

when running in the hangar like a maniac on very high fullscreen, the min is 54fps in some cases.

MrBig

Does the basic hangar not have that computer thing to upgrade the ships?

That wasn't supposed to be in the business hangar yesterday. They're working on the first update for the hangar and it will include the console for all hangars, it may be released today.

Mindlog

They've been posting more shots as well. That thread is fantastic.
Aurora in a canyon.

Here's another useful thread. It's the running list of discovered keybindings.
iuVOqzZ.jpg

xDcrcdj.jpg

Christopher Roberts: I have to run ( get some sleep after 36 hours!) I know a few of you are having some issues so hopefully they can get ironed out over the next few days (that's one of the big reasons why we did this). But thanks for all your guys support and patience - me and teh team are having the best time we've veer had making a game!

Blizzard

Banned
This should explain everything. Basically, the guy is opening the Star Citizen files in Cry Engine 3 editor.
Whoa, I guess I missed where that link went. Guess I need to grab the SDK then and start making my ship flyable myself! =D

Breaking through the clouds and smashing into the ocean; an interesting way to claim on the space insurance.
I asked earlier but I guess we don't have information yet -- has anyone heard any details about what RSI means about insurance fraud, and how they may give people heavy ingame penalties, or make you lose your lifetime insurance, and so forth? Like, how do they decide how "legitimate" your demise was?

ev0

I have a 260 and get a black screen as well :lol. I knew it wouldn't work, just wanted to try. I'm long overdue for an upgrade, I guess I should before the dogfighting model.

Dreams crushed. I have a 260 too. Oh well. Guess I gotta pony up for a new computer too. But this all looks so cool

Grief.exe

Whoa, I guess I missed where that link went. Guess I need to grab the SDK then and start making my ship flyable myself! =D

I don't think he is actually flying the ships. He is probably just placing them at certain X and Y coordinates in the map.
You can even see in some of his pictures the accompanying vectors are shown.

I'm just guessing though, I haven't read the thread.

I have a 260 and get a black screen as well :lol. I knew it wouldn't work, just wanted to try. I'm long overdue for an upgrade, I guess I should before the dogfighting model.

Dreams crushed. I have a 260 too. Oh well. Guess I gotta pony up for a new computer too. But this all looks so cool

Yep, need DX11 cards.

If you plan on PC gaming during the next generation DX11 will become a requirement anyways. Unfortunately, both the 9000 and 700 series look to be stopgaps measures.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't think he is actually flying the ships. He is probably just placing them at certain X and Y coordinates in the map.
You can even see in some of his pictures the accompanying vectors are shown.

I'm just guessing though, I haven't read the thread.
I didn't mean him. I mean I want to take the models and SDK and program stuff to make them fly MYSELF. =P

Mindlog

Also from that thread.
I don't believe this is a big deal, but feel free to say otherwise if it comes up.
Quick tutorial for Hangars:

1) Go to \StarCitizen\CitizenClient\Data and BACKUP YOUR GameData.PAK (!!!)
2) Rename the GameData.pak to GameData.zip and extract it to /GameData
3) Delete or move away the GameData.pak (MAKE SURE YOU BACK IT UP FIRST) from \StarCitizen\CitizenClient\Data
4) Go to \StarCitizen\CitizenClient\Data\GameData\GameLayer s and rename your Discount.lyr to Discount2.lyr
5) Rename Deluxe.lyr OR Business.lyr to Discount.lyr
6) Open the game and enjoy

Quick tutorial for interactive fully working ships:

1) Unpack the Scripts.pak
2) Go to \Scripts\Scripts\Entities\Vehicles\Implementations and rename RSI_Constellation.lua to OJ_300i.lua
3) Go to \Scripts\Scripts\Entities\Vehicles\Implementations \XMl and rename RSI_Constellation.xml to OJ_300i.xml
4) Start the game and enjoy fully interactive constellation
Courtesy of aftokinita.
This will sell some Connies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Saw these on the RSI forums.
pTKutTb.jpg

WEg9d7k.jpg

*drools*

Hrrrrng

Also from that thread.
I don't believe this is a big deal, but feel free to say otherwise if it comes up.

Courtesy of aftokinita.

HRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNG

EDIT: I assume "rename to OJ" etc should be "rename to model code of ship you have access to", right?

Blizzard

Banned
Also from that thread.

Courtesy of aftokinita.
Does this circumvent whatever ships you purchased? I'd just be afraid that RSI would try to start banning people if they somehow detected you were doing this, though, even in singleplayer.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Also from that thread.

Courtesy of aftokinita.

Awesome, thanks. I had to pack the modified files back into the archive to get it working, tho.

The Constellation barely fits into the Aurora slot in the Deluxe Hangar, someone did a fine parking job.

Brokun

Yeah, I have one tip if you don't use FRAPS or other.

When in game, press ~ (under ESC) to open a console - you will see nothing there.
Exit the console and try and press print screen F12 and open the console again - there should be some info that you took the screenshot.

They are saving to ...\StarCitizen\CitizenClient\USER\ScreenShots

Dont know if it really is print screen or something else tho.

PSA
I can confirm that the screenshot key is F12, saving to directory path listed above.

Thanks so much!

CTLance

For those unaware of their GPU DirectX level, start dxdiag (just hit start and type dxdiag, then hit enter). This comes with DirectX and gives out various information. Go to the second tab (display) and find the part where it says DDI, probably in the upper right corner. If that isn't 11, then you're SOL and need a new card.

(Some versions of dxdiag even put the supported DX levels in plain text, but most of them show the DDI entry.)

Alright. I'm super confused and some of this doesn't necessarily have to do with SC but perhaps you guys can help:

For some reason since I've switched to an AMD card, my monitor has been unable to display the downsample resolutions I've set up (in any game). My monitor just says it's unable to display the resolution. Any help with that would be awesome.

This kind of screws with the Hangar though since the default res closest to my monitor is 1680x1050 while my monitor's max res is 1600x900. Is there something I can mess with to at least get my monitor's native res?

Grief.exe

Alright. I'm super confused and some of this doesn't necessarily have to do with SC but perhaps you guys can help:

For some reason since I've switched to an AMD card, my monitor has been unable to display the downsample resolutions I've set up (in any game). My monitor just says it's unable to display the resolution. Any help with that would be awesome.

This kind of screws with the Hangar though since the default res closest to my monitor is 1680x1050 while my monitor's max res is 1600x900. Is there something I can mess with to at least get my monitor's native res?

Downsampling with Nvidia and AMD are completely different processes.

Top Bottom