• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: Hangar Module

SinSilla

Woohoo, just backed on RSI! This is actually my first backed project, mainly due to Kickstarters credit card requirement. Feels good.

I'll start with the Aurora, will work hard for a heavy defense research and exploration ship when the time comes.

Looking forward to experience that game with Rift and Hotas. Any word on the complexity of the tracking options available later on? I'd love to see positional tracking for leaning and hand tracking. Might be too early for those questions i guess...

ASTROID2

Just noticed you can get in the bed in the Aurora.
screenshot008682sl2.jpg

red731

Launcher is auto checking for patches every 60 minutes now.
Minimize it and it goes to tray - and I will have it there forever and ever!

Vlodril

You can go into the pilot seat and press 1 or you can get in by the door.

Door was closed for me.. ill try again

Edited to add it does indeed works now. You can go and lie down. Pretty cool. Of course there is clipping everywhere and also some black artifacting all over the place now but who cares.

Vlodril

Also they hit 17m. Expected due to the hangar module. I was expecting 20 by the dogfighting module but now i am not convinced it wont happen sooner.

Zabojnik

Also they hit 17m. Expected due to the hangar module. I was expecting 20 by the dogfighting module but now i am not convinced it wont happen sooner.

Some new equipment / bling for the hangar, two more (new) ship sales events and we'll get there.

CTLance

Oh fuck me. I bought The Lamp. There was no chance I could pass up on this. I hope we can build a tiny shrine to Its greatness.

It's unfair. I mean, how could you possibly resist The Lamp?
At least the 5k Hangar bonus credits went to a good cause.

Although, to be honest, I'm eyeing the workbench with hungry eyes. Completely useless. Yet, it's a workbench.

Be still, my beating heart.

Edit, so that the post isn't totally useless:
  • 112TB of patch data transferred
  • 59,370 download requests for the installer
  • Peak transfer rate for downloads/patching: 35.31 GBps
  • 39,232 users have agreed to the EULA
  • 2,085,000 UEC have been given out to users as part of the hangar V1 reward program. (users get 5,000 UEC by downloading)
Interesting that 60k people attempted the download, and only 40k people accepted the EULA.

Also, if my math doesn't fail me, 2085000 / 5000 = 417.
So does that mean only 400-odd people out of the (60k?) 40k qualified for the bonus? That seems a bit odd, seeing as owning even the smallest pledge pack qualified you for the bonus.

d0g_bear

Jesus - I watch this game pretty closely but a million dollars just added up without me noticing. This funding is on a rocket!

LuchaShaq

Banned
I would be so much more excited for this game if it wasn't for the massive amount of I guess pre order only/super expensive shit in it.

When the game is out I will gladly pay 50-60$ for a singleplayer world if it is even half of what the video promises as long as 90% of the shit isn't locked behind pre order crap.

Zabojnik

I would be so much more excited for this game if it wasn't for the massive amount of I guess pre order only/super expensive shit in it.

When the game is out I will gladly pay 50-60$ for a singleplayer world if it is even half of what the video promises as long as 90% of the shit isn't locked behind pre order crap.

Yeah, about that. Nothing in Star Citizen is exclusive or 'pre-order' only. Everything - ships, weapons, equipment, bling, whatever - will be available for purchase with in-game credits on release.

What's the cheapest way to get into the hanger, this thing is looking way too good but that site is confusing as hell -.-

It's really not that confusing. Register on the site and then go to Store -> Pledge -> New Backers. The cheapest package that gets you the game, a ship (the Aurora) and alpha & beta access, including the hangar, is the Digital Mercenary ($40).

Alternatively, if you can get a veteran backer to buy and gift you a package, you should get the Digital Scout (35$). Same goodies, but you also get life-time insurance (LTI) for your ship. It's not really a big deal, basic insurance won't cost you much in the game, especially not for a basic ship like the Aurora, but if you want it ... Send a PM to Mindlog, he seems to be in the 'gifting' business. :p

LuchaShaq

Banned
Yeah, about that. Nothing in Star Citizen is exclusive or 'pre-order' only. Everything - ships, weapons, equipment, bling, whatever - will be available for purchase with in-game credits on release.

Well if you're true I'm very excited for the single player if it matches the promises of the original video.

CTLance

What's the cheapest way to get into the hanger, this thing is looking way too good but that site is confusing as hell -.-
Get the digital Scout package.
YMFrB8d.png

All you need is in that pack, and it costs you only 35 bucks if you find a veteran or original backer to trade you one, otherwise add 5 bucks of latecomer fees and change the name to digital mercenary, if I'm not mistaken. It's one of the cheapest ones, hard to miss, really...

MrBig

Hey guys - long story short, we hear you. The VD store ended up coming across pretty much exactly the opposite way we wanted. We're working out a plan right now to make this right and I will have more for you as soon as possible.

We should have something later today at least. And in the meantime I will be at a booth at DragonCon and anyone is welcome to come tell me what they think about the store in person :)

I promise the goal was not to beg for extra money, and hopefully we will be able to prove that!
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/712980/#Comment_712980

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Never mind! it works if you manipulate the archives directly/rename them directly, without unpacking&repacking! NIIIICE

Seems like they fixed the workaround to view the other ships (there was a small patch), it's not working for me anymore, I'm only getting an empty hangar now. Changing the hangar still works fine, tho. I still wanted to check the Hornet out today, should have done so yesterday...

Mindlog

Thinking on it the prices actually made sense. Ships aren't free either so why would the accoutrement be? Thinking even more on it if the parts are that expensive then imagine how much ships would be in a cash for Imps transaction. Ships are really cheap right now!

And that's how I put more in my hangar :\

I'm on for about an hour. If anyone wants a Digital Scout with LTI PM me. I can do more tomorrow when my previous flip timer expires.

BubbaMc

Thinking on it the prices actually made sense. Ships aren't free either so why would the accoutrement be? Thinking even more on it if the parts are that expensive then imagine how much ships would be in a cash for Imps transaction. Ships are really cheap right now!

And that's how I put more in my hangar :

I'm on for about an hour. If anyone wants a Digital Scout with LTI PM me. I can do more tomorrow when my previous flip timer expires.

I'll take you up on the offer for LTI later mate :)

Good man.

Aselith

And that's how I put more in my hangar :\

It makes sense for the stuff to cost some money but currently they are ridiculously priced.

MrBig

This is why CIG is so fucking awesome.

If they make everything free sure, making people buy sub-assets about a year and a half before they can use them or earn them by other means, when we're expected to be thoroughly testing and supporting the game isn't too great a path to go down.
If they just slash the prices it could easily just be interpreted as them expecting this backlash in any case but still wanting to make money off it so sell it at a high price and then make a compromise to get it to the prices they want.

Daedardus

This is why CIG is so fucking awesome.

I just guess the damage control alarms went off big time.

$5 for a digital poster? $20 for a buggy people expected to get when they already paid $200 for a ship?

Vlodril

Any ideas why the graphic options reset every time i restart the hangar? I have to keep changing the resolution and graphical level.

epmode

Any ideas why the graphic options reset every time i restart the hangar? I have to keep changing the resolution and graphical level.

My guess is that there's a problem with file permissions. If you installed to Program Files, I'd suggest reinstalling to another folder.

Daedardus

The LTI version of the Digital Scout does come with Alpha & Beta Access. No clue about the non-LTI version, if there is any. I think they may have nixed that, but I can't check, being a backer and all.

On behalf of the 315p I agree, though.

The only difference between scout and mercenary is alpha and beta access. I wouldn't pay now for a game you can't play until 2015.

Vlodril

My guess is that there's a problem with file permissions. If you installed to Program Files, I'd suggest reinstalling to another folder.

I installed it to the default path. didnt notice to tell you the truth. i think the launcher runs from users path

Mindlog

I just guess the damage control alarms went off big time.

$5 for a digital poster? $20 for a buggy people expected to get when they already paid $200 for a ship?
The buggy issue needs to be addressed. I'm almost certain the deluxe hangar was supposed to come with it.

But everything else I'm fine with really. The current prices are set at the potential in-game rate. Imps should be an expensive supplement compared to earning them in the PU. I'm hoping that their fix is a 'free-preview' option for all early backers. As it is now you can preview ships with a simple little mod. The same should be possible for items.
Hmmm what should i take...on a fence to choose between digital scout,mercenary and bounty hunter for the moment.
Start with the cheap Alpha package then trade up as you please. The 315P has dual gull-wing doors. Very pretty ship!
I'll take you up on the offer for LTI later mate :)

Good man.
I sent you a message with details, but won't be on again for a while. Let me know a good time.
When I trade I use RSI credit from one of my packages. I can't trade again for 24 hours after that. I have enough extra for the DS LTI, but tomorrow I'm trading a Pirate Pack off. So yeah, later :]

CTLance

Not anymore if you look on the website,that picture is old now.
The pic in my post was screencapped by me, five minutes or so before I typed up the post.
I just now took this screenie. The shop still offers me the digital scout pack with LTI, alpha and beta access.

So, again, a backer-gifted digiscout LTI pack should offer all the amenities of the current "plebeian" non-LTI digimerc package. Not that it matters, really.

Nokterian

The pic in my post was screencapped by me, five minutes or so before I typed up the post.
I just now took this screenie. The shop still offers me the digital scout pack with LTI, alpha and beta access.

So, again, a backer-gifted digiscout LTI pack should offer all the amenities of the current "plebeian" non-LTI digimerc package. Not that it matters, really.

For me it doesn't show it just a normal scout package with no alpha and beta access and only 2 month insurance.

Daedardus

The buggy issue needs to be addressed. I'm almost certain the deluxe hangar was supposed to come with it.

But everything else I'm fine with really. The current prices are set at the potential in-game rate. Imps should be an expensive supplement compared to earning them in the PU. I'm hoping that their fix is a 'free-preview' option for all early backers. As it is now you can preview ships with a simple little mod. The same should be possible for items.
Start with the cheap Alpha package then trade up as you please. The 315P has dual gull-wing doors. Very pretty ship!

Yeah, I'm totally fine with them charging for ship upgrades. Those $4 lasers seem reasonable, and you'll probably get them easier in game yourself. Although you'll still have to wait months to test those things out.

But the buggy price was insane. I mean, they really want to fund this all on those wales, leeching every dollar out of them whenever they can. My main gripe comes from the fact they are already so close to their projected goal of about ~22 million, and they will easily get that amount before the end of the year, I'm sure of. But doing these cash grabs, ugghh. I'd only accept it if they set up a new studio and work faster on the game. I don't know where all of my money goes after the pledge goal is reached.

CTLance

For me it doesn't show it just a normal scout package with no alpha and beta access and only 2 month insurance.
See, that's the issue. Backers get slightly "better" stuff. Which is why I said, "backer-gifted". Basically, you find a backer you can trust, gift him stuff worth whatever pack you want, he melts that stuff down for store credit and gifts you a freshly-bought backer-only version of the pack back.

This involves trusting a random stranger on the net, is explicitely not encouraged by CGI staff (any threads on the official forum mentioning that practice will get closed by the mods immediately) and nets you only a paltry bonus (namely, LTI and alpha/beta access for the digiscout, apparently).

Daedardus

See, that's the issue. Backers get slightly "better" stuff. Which is why I said, "backer-gifted". Basically, you find a backer you can trust, gift him stuff worth whatever pack you want, he melts that stuff down for store credit and gifts you a freshly-bought backer-only version of the pack back.

This involves trusting a random stranger on the net, is explicitely not encouraged by CGI staff (any threads on the official forum mentioning that practice will get closed by the mods immediately) and nets you only a paltry bonus (namely, LTI and alpha/beta access for the digiscout, apparently).

I don't care for LTI in the slightest. By the time my normal insurance expires, it will probably be sitting in my hangar enjoying its retirement.

CTLance

I don't care for LTI in the slightest. By the time my normal insurance expires, it will probably be sitting in my hangar enjoying its retirement.
And right you are.

I would hope you could hire an NPC and have it run mercantile missions in your cheaply-insured Aurora for a small baseline income. Probably not much, but I'd prefer it to having my poor Aurora sit in the Hangar gathering dust like yesterday's jam. All my ships will be out and about if I can help (i.e. afford) it.

Daedardus

And right you are.

I would hope you could hire an NPC and have it run mercantile missions in your cheaply-insured Aurora for a small baseline income. Probably not much, but I'd prefer it to having my poor Aurora sit in the Hangar gathering dust like yesterday's jam. All my ships will be out and about if I can help (i.e. afford) it.

Maybe I'll put my 315p in my 890 Jump's cargo if that's possible :D. Would be a perfect ship for a clan member for when you are under attack.

It took me far longer than I'm happy admitting to get into my ship. I didn't even know you could get in the bed until I saw it here.

The module is a fun little distraction. It's good progress, but I can't wait for the dogfighting release. I'm too hyped on this game, gotta pull back.

CTLance

Maybe I'll put my 315p in my 890 Jump's cargo if that's possible :D. Would be a perfect ship for a clan member for when you are under attack.
Unless CGI want all 'stella and/or Idris Corvette pledgers to show up with pitchforks and torches in front of their offices they will not allow that. The as-of-yet-only-hinted-at 890 Jump will probably at best be able to store the thing, not launch it - unless it's gonna cost like 300+ bucks or something.

Top Bottom