• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: Hangar Module

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Awesome, thanks. I had to pack the modified files back into the archive to get it working, tho.

The Constellation barely fits into the Aurora slot in the Deluxe Hangar, someone did a fine parking job.

I tried to get it to work, but I get stuck at the startup... after the RSI logo comes up, after I start the game from the launcher. What else did you do? I put it back into .pak files as well afterwards... :/ Tried replacing my Freelancer...

EDIT: Maybe the small patch they just put out fixed that? I sure hope not :'(

Downsampling with Nvidia and AMD are completely different processes.
Oh I know. I've looked through the AMD specific downsampling thread and set it up that way but I don't think anyone had my specific issue.

Basically I can't run anything above 1600x900 but since that's apparently not an option in the Hangar (correct me if I'm wrong there), the max res I can get is 1280x1050 before my monitor says "NOPE".

Smiley90

I tried to get it to work, but I get stuck at the startup... after the RSI logo comes up, after I start the game from the launcher. What else did you do? I put it back into .pak files as well afterwards... :/ Tried replacing my Freelancer...

EDIT: Maybe the small patch they just put out fixed that? I sure hope not :'(

Never mind! it works if you manipulate the archives directly/rename them directly, without unpacking&repacking! NIIIICE

MrBig

Letting people wiggle sticks around in their cockpit certainly resulted in something

untitled-195lgr.png

Grief.exe

I would really like to buy this game...... the issue is that 2015 is a while away and I am not sure if it is worth it.

Check the OP, dogfighting and single player set to release in the next 6 months or so.

EDIT: I thought Squadron 42 was launching in March, apparently its mid 2014.

epmode

I would really like to buy this game...... the issue is that 2015 is a while away and I am not sure if it is worth it.

The next 32,000 backers get access to the alpha which includes a multiplayer mode at the end of 2013. Alpha access requires a pledge of $40 (or $35 if you get it gifted from an original backer).

Check the OP, dogfighting and single player set to release in the next 6 months or so.

EDIT: I thought Squadron 42 was launching in March, apparently its mid 2014.

Yeah I saw, but I still am not sure about it. Is there an "expiration date" for the 300i bundles? I would like to jump in with one of those.

epmode

You should be able to get a package with that ship through November at least but the alpha slots will probably run out before then.

So I think I am just going to grab it now. I am creating an account and have one question:

What is going to be used as my in game display name?

Login ID (Most sites just use this)
or the
Community Monicker

Smiley90

So I think I am just going to grab it now. I am creating an account and have one question:

What is going to be used as my in game display name?

Login ID (Most sites just use this)
or the
Community Monicker

Community Monicker. Your login ID is only used for exactly that - login.

I can't get the console to come up no matter how many times I press ~.

the only thing i can do is get the console to come up. otherwise i get a black screen. Log says everything ok except the line

"[Profile] Warning: Could not open configuration file"

and just ends a few lines later after signing in, where other logs i've seen start loading assets. tried a few different things to no success so now I'm redownloading but getting average of 30kbps.

MrBig

the only thing i can do is get the console to come up. otherwise i get a black screen. Log says everything ok except the line

"[Profile] Warning: Could not open configuration file"

and just ends a few lines later after signing in, where other logs i've seen start loading assets. tried a few different things to no success so now I'm redownloading but getting average of 30kbps.

Did you install to the default directory? It may be a permission issue

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I pledged for the digital scout tier via Kickstarter but none of that is appearing on my RSI account.

Anyone encountering the same issue?

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Did you transfer your account to the new website/system already?

Yep I had to go through the migration process in order to download the hangar module. Still no dice. I've sent them a support email and hopefully it gets resolved quickly so that I can download the module.

Smiley90

Yep I had to go through the migration process in order to download the hangar module. Still no dice. I've sent them a support email and hopefully it gets resolved quickly so that I can download the module.

I remember I had to actually "trade in" my kickstarter pledge and "buy" the new original backer package for the same price. It was kinda weird. I'm sure support will assist you in that though - it seems like they added some things to the package, so they couldn't give you the exact same package that includes alpha access.

Also, I saw "buggies". buggieS. Plural. MULTIPLE FRIGGIN BUGGIES AWWWWW YISSS.

Now I REALLY want a confirmation of what the translation rate from USD to Credits is. AFAIK 1$ = 1000 Credit is just a rumour, right? 20 bucks for a buggy is... a lot.

Can't wait to have modders transform the buggy into a sweet ass Ferrari, too.

epmode

Smiley90

Cheers smiley :)

This is either a "i know you and you don't recognize me" Cheers or a "your advice was totally accurate, thank you" Cheers. I can't tell which it is and it's mildly freaking me out :lol

$1 = 1000 credits has been confirmed. You can buy credit chits in the store.

The prices are pretty much out of control. I'm willing to wait to see CIG's response but I'm disappointed that they even released it like this in the first place.

Whoa, really? damn. I tried to find the "buy credits" screen but I couldn't find it on the page LOL. Damn, that's insane if so. No way I'm paying 20 bucks for a buggy when i can get a friggin SPACESHIP for 25.

EDIT: Ah, it's in the pledge menu, not in the voyager direct. I see. Damn. Not even a discount for bulk purchase, wow. I sure hope they revisit their pricing again, possibly giving some extra credits for those that have already purchased at current prices. That's insane.

epmode

The prices might make more sense when the game goes live and we see how many credits we can earn per hour or whatever. I'm just amazed that they're actually charging us to purchase equipment we can't test for ships that we can't fly using credits that cannot be earned in-game until the persistent universe is live. And the items will presumably work in the multiplayer alpha.

Long weekend for them so keep that in mind as you wait for support to reply.

Smiley90

The prices might make more sense when the game goes live and we see how many credits we can earn per hour or whatever. I'm just amazed that they're actually charging us to purchase equipment we can't test for ships that we can't fly using credits that cannot be earned in-game until the persistent universe is live. And the items will presumably work in the multiplayer alpha.

Given that they said you need about 60h to earn a Constellation in-game, so... roughly 4'000 credits/4 dollars per ingame-hour?

Zabojnik

This is weird. The 'Voyager Direct' section of the webpage keeps killing Fireforx and Windows 7 for me. It seems to crash nVidia drivers or something first and then leads to BSOD. I tried updating Windows / graphic card driver, disabling Greesemonkey in FF and other shit ... Nothing, still crashes every time I click on something in the shop. What the hell? Everything works fine in Chrome.

SOLVED: disabled hardware acceleration in Firefox, works like a charm now

Mindlog

Yeah, from a gameplay perspective I like the high prices.
From the early preview perspective it's too manipulative.
They're going whale hunting.

Hopefully client side modding will give everyone a sneak peak without spending credits soon.
I still have access to the $35 starter package with lifetime insurance.
If you're interested.

It's cheap ;]

Zabojnik

Yeah, from a gameplay perspective I like the high prices.
From the early preview perspective it's too manipulative.
They're going whale hunting.

My thoughts exactly. If this were on launch day ... good, keep the "real money" prices high. But right now, when we're supposed to be testing out stuff? Somehow it doesn't seem fair. And I'm usually in the "whatever it takes to fund the game" camp.

I think they should've at least let people test out stuff for free for a month or two, then reset everything and implement Voyager Direct as it stands now and let people decide if they think it's worth spending real money on stuff like posters, etc. before the dogfighting module comes out.

Daedardus

Wow, those prices are above insane. You get 5,000 UEC, but all you can buy with it is a stupid poster, aside from a gun you already have.

I really hope this is just for Voyager Direct, and not representative of the actual in-game prices.

Smiley90

It happened to me too when I was comparing game quality settings.
Try changing to low, medium, high or very high and see what happens - unless you fixed it by now.

Try clicking F1 when in the seat of the constellation :lol

everything in the engine just goes to shambles.

... I don't own a constellation, but it's nice to play around with it...

Top Bottom