• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: Hangar Module

"I'm sure it's been asked dozens of times but this thread is huge and there's a lot to go through. Is it too late to pledge and get access to the full game/various modules and if not what is the cheapest way to do so? Thanks!"

You can get the full game for $30 with the Aurora MR package. You can get the full game and access to the *beta* (not alpha) for $40 with the Aurora MR+ package. If you want access to the alpha modules, you will have to pay an extra $5 per module.

epmode

I'm sure it's been asked dozens of times but this thread is huge and there's a lot to go through. Is it too late to pledge and get access to the full game/various modules and if not what is the cheapest way to do so? Thanks!

You need two things now:

The ship: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/316-aurora-mr
(includes the full game + beta)

The dogfight alpha pass: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/403-arena-commander-pass

$45 in total, although you may need to spend another $5 to participate in future alpha programs. The beta (which is a long way away) is included in the ship package.

ASTROID2

Leaked constellation redesign on Sandi Gardiners facebook.
Yh77JZB.png

elyetis

Is it July already?
By the way I think last hangar patch improved Oculus rift support, does someone has a link about how much it was actually improved, I'm pretty sure the Oculus support was pretty bad before that. And since July should mean DK2 for me....

Zabojnik

Haha, I knew the judges would come around to Four Horsemen's ship. Outstanding design and modeling, truly. It's got that slickness factor that the big ships we've seen so far are missing. It's the Avenger made bigger and meaner. Which is just as well, since they're both Aegis ships. My favourite so far for sure.

The see-through completely sold it.
iZNa1qH0Ejuk4.gif

I absolutely love the look of the shield's generators room.
in3iQsGvWKmLr.gif

The white variant ... nnngh.
j9xd5Xdwwczst.jpg

Daedardus

I'd definitely purchase a Redeemer the moment I'm able ingame. The problem with this game is that you can only fly one ship at the time :(.

Zabojnik

I'd definitely purchase a Redeemer the moment I'm able ingame. The problem with this game is that you can only fly one ship at the time :(.

We'll meet in a neutral sector, you with your Redeemer, me with my Constellation, match our speeds, align our docking ports, high five each other while we slide into the other's ship in zero G through the docking tube and be on our way. Spacebros.
I'll tell you to meet me later at Jack's on Terra and conveniently forget to mention that large unmarked container *cough* slaves *cough* in the cargo bay. Good luck, bro.

I think the redeemer is higher quality in terms of materials and polygons than any model CIG has shown yet. I hope it is telling for what upgrades the ships will be graphically be receiveing thorugh out the game's alpha and beta

GKB

Applied to GAF Organization as well.

Community Name: lordgkb
Handle: thegreatrex

UEE Citizen Record #212262

Daedardus

We'll meet in a neutral sector, you with your Redeemer, me with my Constellation, match our speeds, align our docking ports, high five each other while we slide into the other's ship in zero G through the docking tube and be on our way. Spacebros.
I'll tell you to meet me later at Jack's on Terra and conveniently forget to mention that large unmarked container *cough* slaves *cough* in the cargo bay. Good luck, bro.

I surrender, letting them confiscate the ship, in return I get a small fine. Then I use the autopilot override of my Redeemer and set the jump drive to Vanduul space. Good luck with that.

fresquito

Has there been any word on the performance of the DFM? The Hangar Modules runs like shit (i7 4770+GTX770 4GB, so I doubt my hardware is culprit here). If the DFM runs as bad as the HM, it will be a nightmare to play.

Daedardus

Has there been any word on the performance of the DFM? The Hangar Modules runs like shit (i7 4770+GTX770 4GB, so I doubt my hardware is culprit here). If the DFM runs as bad as the HM, it will be a nightmare to play.

Minimum requirements for the DFM are a Haswell-E Six-core, two GTX Titan in SLI and 24GB RAM to run the game at 900p, low settings and no AA.

No lol. They said they optimised a bit but it won't be the focus until much later. With your specs you should be able to play just fine, or else even the devs couldn't test the game.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Only one more day to announce the delay! Unless.. ..unless they're going to release on time.. Nah. Not possible.

Not true. They easily can announce the day during the evening tomorrow. "Oh, whoops, sorry, we noticed some stuff that's bad and we want to fix, so we're delaying it to an indeterminate date in June. Please understand"

metalshade

So, I have an Aurora MR with LTI. I had a look at the other ships, and I really like the look of the Aurora LX, as it has better armaments and manoeuvring thrusters (which will be nice, considering the upcoming releases are concentrated on dogfighting,) but also a jumpdrive, which none of the others have.
Is there any way to turn my MR into an LX, without losing my LTI, I know there are upgrade options on the store to make it into an LN, but I want LX.
Also, ARGH crazy hype, its hard for me to resist the urge to just start buying ships!

So, I have an Aurora MR with LTI. I had a look at the other ships, and I really like the look of the Aurora LX, as it has better armaments and manoeuvring thrusters (which will be nice, considering the upcoming releases are concentrated on dogfighting,) but also a jumpdrive, which none of the others have.
Is there any way to turn my MR into an LX, without losing my LTI, I know there are upgrade options on the store to make it into an LN, but I want LX.
Also, ARGH crazy hype, its hard for me to resist the urge to just start buying ships!

No, the LX was a limited availability ship and not being sold anymore. Outside of possible sales in the future, your only option now is the Reddit trading board and with news of being able to upgrade packages to completely different ships while retaining LTI, I believe Auroras are a bit scarce there now.

On the other hand, the LX isn't a huge upgrade anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. I have one but may upgrade to an LN if I don't just swap for a Mustang (which is likely unless it doesn't get any variants to match the LN).

As for tomorrow... I think the biggest thing I'm looking forward to is just finally seeing the new 300i interior. It's been killing me how they've talked it up but aren't showing it @_@

Whoa! What video is this from?

That's Four Horseman's ship from TNGS. It won the semifinals, so if it wins the finals next week then it'll get in game. Even if it loses the finals it still may though as Chris has said he'd like to get multiple finalists in game.

MrBig

Buying an LX was a promotional thing around April last year iirc. Don't get too caught up on buying ships, that's really only a thing you'll have to (and be able to) do during pre-release.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I was originally hoping that they would add an add-on to upgrade the Constellation in the package with all the collector stuff to an 890 JUMP (keeping the LTI), but now that the specs are released it seems like the 890 wouldn't even be an upgrade. Aww.

Daedardus

I was originally hoping that they would add an add-on to upgrade the Constellation in the package with all the collector stuff to an 890 JUMP (keeping the LTI), but now that the specs are released it seems like the 890 wouldn't even be an upgrade. Aww.

Wait what? The 890 is at least 15m longer and the epitome of luxury. It's all about style with the 890 Jump.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Wait what? The 890 is at least 15m longer and the epitome of luxury. It's all about style with the 890 Jump.

I'm looking at it from a min/maxing perspective. The specs are mostly the same except for being a bigger target and heavier! I'll still keep an eye on it, but it's not looking too promising at the moment. Then again, most of it isn't finalized. Just double-checked:

Edit: come to think of it, I'm not sure why I was thinking there would be an upgrade add-on though. The ships are from different companies.

metalshade

Ok, didn't realise the LX was a limited thing, thanks guys.
Also, completely forgot that the Mustang is coming, and that looks great, except for no cargo space.
I guess I will hold off on any further purchases for the time being, as im sure there will be much jigging and poking of stats and and stuff in the next few months.
Thanks for the advice guys, I am looking forward to flying in formation with you all someday, (or blowing you up if you get between me and my bounty!)

Edit: Just came across this, something you all might want to take note of. Please increase your Peer-to-Peer upload rate in the launcher settings https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/133177/please-increase-your-peer-to-peer-upload-rate-in-the-launcher-settings#latest

Top Bottom