• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: Hangar Module

ASTROID2

The warning is great.
Fish-Tank.png

Daedardus

Great. Tonight means something like 3AM PST, right? Not 8PM PST I hope.

Gonna put some of these new screens in the op? Would be hilarious for new people looking at them and thinking that's the game.

"OMG, this game is so broken. You all spent 40 million dollars and this is what you get when you back a kickstarter lol."

I am downloading a 272MB update, with Arena Commander as the background in the launcher. Looks like it's Happening - Def Con 1.

When was the last time you opened the launcher though? 272MB patch is peanuts compared to what it will actually be. Don't forget that this is also the PBR patch for every single ship in the game, multiple new maps, new art assets on top of all the UI, ai and tons of other actual game stuff that is in there now.

Expect a pretty hefty patch when the time comes.

This is also a good reminder to have everyone enable Unlimted upload in their P2P settings in the launcher! The more people that do this, the more load that it takes off CIG's servers.

Once the launcher is opened hit the gear icon -> Enable Advanced Settings -> Ensure Download Rate and Upload Rate are set to Unlimited and Allow is set to "HTTP + P2P".

Dead Man

The reason for that is that smaller spacecraft should be flyable in atmosphere, regarding to take off and landing. Larger spacecraft can generate more power and have bigger engines to overcome the drag in atmospheric flight. And even larger ships in the games are just not able to land, they have to be loaded in space by smaller aircraft.
Yeah, but those wings are not supplying anywhere near the lift that thing would require, and it's drag would be pretty high. If you don't want to just use thrusters for takeoff and landing the craft should be reasonably aerodynamic. This isn't, it's just some cosmetic wings. Which is fine, I have no objection to that, I just wish they looked better.

Edit: Exciting day!

elyetis

Waking up and discovering the good news, now time to download. ^ ^

And to complain about a tiny little bit : "By the time V1.0 drops, we aim for the entire community to have access to the multiplayer game modes!" What the holy what what what ?

"And to complain about a tiny little bit : "By the time V1.0 drops, we aim for the entire community to have access to the multiplayer game modes!" What the holy what what what ?"

They're gradually adding in players as multiplayer/server stability allows, based on their backer number. They announced this about a month ago. They were talking like it would only take 1-2 weeks for all backers to be in when they first mentioned it, not sure if that's still the plan.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
Waking up and discovering the good news, now time to download. ^ ^

And to complain about a tiny little bit : "By the time V1.0 drops, we aim for the entire community to have access to the multiplayer game modes!" What the holy what what what ?

ofcourse. either it'll be a long time before 1.0 is up and everyone will be in pre-alpha already, or 1.0 is be delayed just as long as this version has been.

ghostmind

Whelp, my client got to 13 patches remaining and then errored and started "repairing". It's been doing that for quite some time now.

Daedardus

If only there was a way to put these people on auto-ignore ...

Downloading now!

You need to learn to paste and cut ;).

Yeah, but those wings are not supplying anywhere near the lift that thing would require, and it's drag would be pretty high. If you don't want to just use thrusters for takeoff and landing the craft should be reasonably aerodynamic. This isn't, it's just some cosmetic wings. Which is fine, I have no objection to that, I just wish they looked better.

The whole ships weighs 5000kg, which is ridiculous. If anything, they can be seen as a stability adding feature.

elyetis

They're gradually adding in players as multiplayer/server stability allows, based on their backer number. They announced this about a month ago. They were talking like it would only take 1-2 weeks for all backers to be in when they first mentioned it, not sure if that's still the plan.
I know very well about how it is supposed to allow more players as their infastructure allow it, it's more about the time it will most likely take that 'surprise' me.
Pretty much everyone saw that as a soft release which would take at worst about 4 weeks/a month. While what I just quoted either mean that the think that v1.0 ( if my memory is right, it's among other things : multiple crew ships, better matchmaking, new game mods, etc ) is actually that close to release ( yeah right ) or that the multiplayer access might still be for some people a matter of like 3 to 6 (?) months ?

"Pretty much everyone saw that as a soft release which would take at worst about 4 weeks/a month. While what I just quoted either mean that the think that v1.0 ( if my memory is right, it's among other things : multiple crew ships, better matchmaking, new game mods, etc ) is actually that close to release ( yeah right ) or that the multiplayer access might still be for some people a matter of like 3 to 6 (?) months ?"

V1.0 will not have multi-crew ships.

v0.9 will be an intermediate step with additional features, polish, fixes and the Squadron Battle game mode.
v1.0 will be when everyone can access the multiplayer and all game modes are in (Capture the Core comes in with v1.0).

elyetis

"Pretty much everyone saw that as a soft release which would take at worst about 4 weeks/a month. While what I just quoted either mean that the think that v1.0 ( if my memory is right, it's among other things : multiple crew ships, better matchmaking, new game mods, etc ) is actually that close to release ( yeah right ) or that the multiplayer access might still be for some people a matter of like 3 to 6 (?) months ?"

V1.0 will not have multi-crew ships.

v0.9 will be an intermediate step with additional features, polish, fixes and the Squadron Battle game mode.
v1.0 will be when everyone can access the multiplayer and all game modes are in (Capture the Core comes in with v1.0).
Sooo that's why I'm misunderstanding then, I though V0.9 was additionnal 1 crew ship & game mods ( Avenger fuck yeah ) and 1.0 the multi crew. Hope restored !

MrBig

Nice avatar:
also, this thread should perhaps be abandoned in favor of the newer one right?

Not necessarily, I suppose Hangar specific stuff could stay here, but there's not much to discuss with that. DFM talk should move to the thread for that.

Faith

Did anyone else mentioned that the Hangar performance is waaaay better now? Steady 60fps on max.

Is there an easy way to force 4xSMAA or 4xMSAA in the game?

Starviper

Played a bit -- Definitely very pretty, however I am disappoint at the KB/M controls. I set the sensitivity for my mouse way down and there's still no way I can effectively stay on target. Gonna give my 360 controller a try.

Starviper

After playing with a 360 controller I am having a much, MUCH better time handling my ship. DFM is extremely fun, and I cannot wait to get access to multiplayer. This game is going to be so great.. Can't wait to see it all come together now.

I have a video of some gameplay, played up until I ran into a bug using the airbreak where I continue to drift in the direction that I was originally going in before applying the break. Flying around a 300i on max settings.. Beautiful game. :)

http://youtu.be/CHfW71pIeBw

Top Bottom