• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Official Story Trailer

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
gfx looks great but i cant get over the fact that the ingame animations improved nothing and it was jank city in the first game...
It's pretty disappointing that TLOU2 is now almost 3 years old and none of the games learned from it. I wouldve figured everyone wouldve gone with motion matching after that, but nope.

Kvally

Banned
Liked the first one a lot, even ended up platinuming it, which I usually never do. But I still can't help but roll my eyes a little bit on these sorts of videogamey as hell roadblocks:

ion4Pr3.png

:messenger_beaming:
The Phantom Menace GIF by Star Wars

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Will the lightsaber be a glow-stick baseball bat again? Or will it actually cut through and kill stuff easily - like the deadly weapons they are supposed to be? No interest in giving health bars a beat down. I'll stick to JKII and JKA.
It's Disney. They nerf batted the sabers a long time ago.

With that said, I enjoyed the first one so I am all in on this one.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Spoiler from novel to explain a thing in trailer.

So Greez lost one of his arms in the novel because Cere kept trying to convert the Fifth Brother(who isn't dead). It was because she didn't want to "go to the darkside" again and kill the dude that was trying to kill them, so then the 5th brother was about to kill Cal, but Greez just happened upon them in this huge prison complex and he leapt over Cal and his arm got cut off. The entire thing was super annoying and dumb because the 5th brother had 0% give from the darkside so nothing should have had Cere continue to try and convert him while the dude was trying to cut her open.

So dumb moment that was incredibly annoying.

Fbh

Really enjoyed the first one so I'm sure the gameplay will be fun, and the visuals look quite nice IMO.
The story seems pretty boring though. All this stuff about every project needing to be canon and insisting on sticking to the OT because nostalgia is making all these side projects unexciting.

Would love to get a game like this but in a context like this:

Spoiler from novel to explain a thing in trailer.

So Greez lost one of his arms in the novel because Cere kept trying to convert the Fifth Brother(who isn't dead). It was because she didn't want to "go to the darkside" again and kill the dude that was trying to kill them, so then the 5th brother was about to kill Cal, but Greez just happened upon them in this huge prison complex and he leapt over Cal and his arm got cut off. The entire thing was super annoying and dumb because the 5th brother had 0% give from the darkside so nothing should have had Cere continue to try and convert him while the dude was trying to cut her open.

So dumb moment that was incredibly annoying.
The book is written by Sam Maggs, the same person who wrote the disaster that was Call of Duty Vanguard.
The woman whose claim to fame was lying about being virtually raped in GTA V online seems to always fail upwards….

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

First game is really good, so this is a must buy for me... and it's a bonus to support Respawn.

However it will unfortunately go into the backlog, for awhile. I have a lot to catch up on this year.
Will definitely get to it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
What is this game doing over the first one? That game was ok but felt really limited and cut down compared to similar titles (mainly Souls). Great graphics though.
All in.
So many games coming out.......owning all platforms is getting overwhelming.
You’d think it would be great but it turns out to be a curse. Sometimes the things you own end up owning you.

Last edited:

Verchod

Looks nice, though I've never finished the original. Having to back track so much after completing a a quest is irritating.
Watching this vid though, why have they made the main guy look like a woman with facial hair?

I'm currently playing part one, I got it for 3.99. My backlog is big enough to wait for a deep sale on Survivor. Looks very awesome though!

Top Bottom