• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Coming To PS4 And Xbox One

Nydius

A few dropped frames here or there isn't bad. VRR tends to cover up most of the dropped frames as well and input lack seems to be part of the course for Souls games and their ripoff's.

Even with all the patches it's a lot more than a "few" dropped frames. Performance Mode still can't maintain any level of consistency and Quality Mode is a stuttery roller coaster -- and that's with a VRR capable display. VRR isn't a magic bullet and you forget that most people aren't playing on VRR compliant displays.

Even with all the patches it's a lot more than a "few" dropped frames. Performance Mode still can't maintain any level of consistency and Quality Mode is a stuttery roller coaster -- and that's with a VRR capable display. VRR isn't a magic bullet and you forget that most people aren't playing on VRR compliant displays.
I have more of an issue with the audio breaking up, every time you start a game than a few dropped frames or input lag (which is in every Souls type game) I'm more than happy with Performace mode and love the game, the team have really pushed on with their level design.

I've said for ages, people need to invest in a decent TV to really see the jump this gen got over the last. VRR on the One X wasn't great at all, but I guess you had to start somewhere. VRR and Dolby Vision have been a true highlight for current gen gaming IMO

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
There’s a code in gaming to upgrade but that costs $ ps4 was one of the best things flying for Sony who is now on year 9.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is this close to running OK on ps5 and xbox series yet?

No, quaity mode is at least more consistent, but as of the lat time I played it, the game still suffers from severe texture streaming issues, you can notice it immediately upon landing on the big hub planet. 99% of the times, the mountain range in the distance as soon as you get off the ship looks like soup for a good half a minute.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Stig saying that quote, must mean some other dev house is making the PS4 and Xbox One version right?

vkbest

Considering the performance issues this game has on modern consoles, I can't expect anything good from a port on the previous gen.
This is probably going to be a disaster on the scale of CP 2077.
Nah, the current consoles problem is they are using RT in both modes, not only for reflections, also for lighting and shadows. I wouldn't be surprised if last gen port have more stable framerate and higher resolution because the lack of RT

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
No, quaity mode is at least more consistent, but as of the lat time I played it, the game still suffers from severe texture streaming issues, you can notice it immediately upon landing on the big hub planet. 99% of the times, the mountain range in the distance as soon as you get off the ship looks like soup for a good half a minute.

It also suffers from a completely unnecessary file size. 150+ gigs last time I checked and it keeps growing.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Nah, the current consoles problem is they are using RT in both modes, not only for reflections, also for lighting and shadows. I wouldn't be surprised if last gen port have more stable framerate and higher resolution because the lack of RT
Good point. Series S doesnt have any RT and runs fine at 900p iirc.

Im guessing the Pro runs it at 900p and x1x will run it at 1080p with base consoles drop below 720p being upscaled using FSR1.1

This is an actual image from the games current (at launch at least) "Performance mode".

jedis-xsx-perf-s2.png
Oh my fucking God!

That is accurate. "Quality" mode isn't much better frankly and that choppy 30fps makes it even worse to me. And then there's the load times. You try to leave your room from inside the saloon and the door will not open. I thought I had encountered a bug. Nope. It's loading the next area. There are two lights at the top of the door. When it is loading, the lights show yellow. When it is done loading, they turn green. Took me a few tries to figure it out. 10 to 15 seconds loads at times. No way that should happen when fast traveling to complete different areas in games like Hogwarts take less time than opening a damn door in Jedi Survivor. I think EA forced this game out the door months too early. Technically it is just horrible.

There is really no excuse for this. I'm going to be more interested in the DF following the last gen version more than most.

Edit:

Another thing. If you had told me that the developers of video game versions of Disney games like Cars 3 and Toy Story 3 would totally outclass Respawn, the makers of Titanfall and Jedi Fallen Order, then there is no emoji that would have fully expressed my laughter. And yet here we are. Hogwart's Legacy is light years more technically impressive than Jedi Survivor, imo.
A loading bar inside a game world! LMFAO!!!!!

Thief1987

Jedi Fallen Order, Xbox One
nY32aoe.jpg

1.3TF vs 12.15TF
I'm no screenshot wizard, so it's a pretty dull image. But Survivor doesn't really look like such a massive leap in visuals compared to Fallen Order.
It's not a much more advanced game in terms of graphical complexity, it's their RT what's an absolute power hog.

This has to be hyperbole, right?
Nope the performance mode looks like a game from Xbox 360 era and the FPS is never 60 FPS it's always fluctuating between 40 to 60 sometimes even lower.
On quality mode it's fine as far as I can see but I prefer playing a game like this in higher difficulty with high FPS because of all the parries and dodges u need to do.
The game is good but my god the graphics are from 2010 and total ass frame rate

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I find DF a joke these days TBH. A few dropped frames here or there isn't bad. VRR tends to cover up most of the dropped frames as well and input lack seems to be part of the course for Souls games and their ripoff's. I myself have more of an issue with the sound of the game, especially when using Quick Resume when you 1st start the game, I get like 10 seconds of broken audio

Souls games have input lag now? I hadn't noticed. Or maybe you don't know what input lag is and you're confusing it with the wind-up for attacks with heavier weapons.

Fbh

Leaked image from the PS4/X1 version:

RPPQNsu.png

Damn they got the performance mode from the Ps5/SX version running on PS4/X1?
That's impressive.

I honestly don't get why they designed the game that way.

"Hey we are making an action based games which focuses on timing based combat and platforming. Let's destroy performance and image quality with ray tracing!!!".

PeteBull

Jedi Fallen Order, Xbox One
nY32aoe.jpg

1.3TF vs 12.15TF
I'm no screenshot wizard, so it's a pretty dull image. But Survivor doesn't really look like such a massive leap in visuals compared to Fallen Order.
If u comparing xbox one(so 30fps with dips) to performance mode on xbox series x then fair would be to cut tf number by half too.
Still its 4,5x power increase so doesnt look too impressive but difference is there, u can ask any casual and they would tell right away performance xbox series x screen looks visibly better.

We will have true comparision once last gen version Survivor cames out but very likely it might look even worse from Fallen Order since it will be heavily cut current gen version instead of making game from scratch with last gen in mind.

I think we can expect similar difference to what we got with watch dogs ps3 vs ps4, here quick df vid comparision, back then they didnt even do voiceovers yet (may 2014.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Nope the performance mode looks like a game from Xbox 360 era and the FPS is never 60 FPS it's always fluctuating between 40 to 60 sometimes even lower.
On quality mode it's fine as far as I can see but I prefer playing a game like this in higher difficulty with high FPS because of all the parries and dodges u need to do.
The game is good but my god the graphics are from 2010 and total ass frame rate

Ok, I can do 30 fps then.

Top Bottom