• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic [Early Access: December 13th] Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGG

Neo Member
Wow on my server (Death Wind Corridor) 6 of the 7 guilds that have 100+ members are Empire.

Republics going down

braveheart.jpg

disregard the blue, too lazy to photoshop on red >_<

EGG

Neo Member
Does this seem like a decent skills load-out? Going with Treasure Hunting/Synthweaving(assuming this can make medium armours too)/Collection skill for an Imperial Agent

pahamrick

Does this seem like a decent skills load-out? Going with Treasure Hunting/Synthweaving(assuming this can make medium armours too)/Collection skill for an Imperial Agent

Synthweaving is for Jedi/Sith armor. You'd want Armormech for non-force users.

Kettch

That is not true. Bioware overhauled the systems a build or two ago and there are now crafting materials (as well as schematics, depending on the skill) that only come from Mission skills. If you plan on being able to make anything beyond Green quality loot (i.e. Blue, Purple), you're going to need your crafting skill's associated Mission skill. Or have very deep pockets to buy the stuff on the AH.

For example, Archaeology used to yield rare crystals like Exquisite Rubat Crystal instead of normal Rubat Crystals that are used to make blue quality gems in Artifice. That no longer happens. You now need Treasure Hunting to get "Sunfire" or whatever gemstones instead. Archaeology will not yield the rare materials at all.

Granted it was the beta economy, but I had a far easier time simply buying mission materials off the AH compared to running missions for them. Both in terms of being able to get them (Artifact quality mission material came up incredibly rarely for something that starts taking 15+ minutes per mission soon enough) and also in terms of the price. The materials were often cheaper than simply running 1 mission would be. So if you're going to drop a profession, I would suggest that one. Mission material is going to cost you a lot no matter which way you go.

pahamrick

What skills should I be aiming for to go along with my Jedi Guardian?

For crew skills? It really depends on what you want to do with it.

If you want to be able to upgrade / build lightsabers: Archaeology, Artifice, Treasure Hunting
For Armor: Archaeology, Synthweaving, Underworld Trading

Emitan

More people are going for the evil empire? I'm going to have to join a PvP server and hunt some of you guys down.

It's an advantage. More Imps means more kills for us!

why no pvp gaf?
Because some of the planets have open PvP areas and there's an entire planet dedicated to PvP even on PvE servers. Also we took a poll and more people wanted PvE. I'm fine with PvP but I'm not going to start a new guild for it or anything.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
For crew skills? It really depends on what you want to do with it.

If you want to be able to upgrade / build lightsabers: Archaeology, Artifice, Treasure Hunting
For Armor: Archaeology, Synthweaving, Underworld Trading

Hmmm, the allure of light sabers or providing myself with armor as I plan on tanking. Tough choice actually.

rukland

Because some of the planets have open PvP areas and there's an entire planet dedicated to PvP even on PvE servers. Also we took a poll and more people wanted PvE. I'm fine with PvP but I'm not going to start a new guild for it or anything.

I was trying to explain all this to a friend tonight. The guild I am helping run went PvP and he was not happy about it. I told him PvP in this game would not matter what kinda server you were on in the long run.

Really at this point the only thing a PvP server will have that a PvE won't is a tad more random ganking on late game planets. And that won't happen right away anyways.

EDIT: The servers for the Gaff guilds are going in the OT correct? Which will be going up in the morning?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
In an interview with Ohlen he says they're going to be letting 700k in per day of the early release. Guess we'll see just how many of us get in tomorrow!

Dunlop

I thought Pre-orders were around a million only?

I redeemed my pre-order code on 7/21/2011. Hopefully I get in first batch!

Do you have a confirmation e-mail about this? I remember doing it, but cannot find the e-mail O_0

is there a way to check on the account?

edit: nvm found it..phew! July 21

FINALBOSS

Banned
The only people whining/raging about early access are the ones who pre-ordered and redeemed the day pre-orders went up lol.

Suck it up you pusses.

I redeemed like December 6th

zugzug

I'm torn between IA or BH,arggg.

Sounds familiar to me, I'm torn between Smuggler/Scoundrel which I played in stress test up to lvl 19 cuz i di dnot want to play Jedi Counsular.....to spoil it but now I enjoyed playstyle of smuggler and liked how the rumors are its going to be smallest pool of people.

or do I just a flyer and go Jedi trooper heal style.

As the day inches closer I am praying this game doesn't turn out to be another face roll adventure or a Microtransaction ass rape. I guess if anything I'll enjoy the storylines of the various classes and cancel my sub. Seems like a pretty good value either way!

I'm torn between IA or BH,arggg.

I played Smuggler and Trooper for beta. For DPS, Trooper/BH felt way better (starting with that grenade is so delicious that I set it as my Middle Mouse Button). For healing, though, I think Smuggler/IA have the best and most skill-oriented style since you have to be non-spammy with your timing. Didn't get beyond level 20 with either, though, but those were my first impressions.

I'm rolling a Bounty Hunter tank tomorrow, though.

Azzurri

I played Smuggler and Trooper for beta. For DPS, Trooper/BH felt way better (starting with that grenade is so delicious that I set it as my Middle Mouse Button). For healing, though, I think Smuggler/IA have the best and most skill-oriented style since you have to be non-spammy with your timing. Didn't get beyond level 20 with either, though, but those were my first impressions.

I'm rolling a Bounty Hunter tank tomorrow, though.

Mostly going to PVP.

Giolon

Where did you guys read about some people not getting to start early access right away on the 13th?
It's been talked about for MONTHS (By us, by Bioware).

Straight from their pre-order FAQ
Bioware said:
When does Early Game Access begin?

Early Game Access will begin on December 13th, 2011 , 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET), seven days prior to the official launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic. The length of your Early Game Access period will vary depending on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. The speed of your download of the Game may also affect when you start playing.

Also http://www.swtor.com/blog/early-game-access-starting-december-13th-details-emails-and-more .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom