• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic [Early Access: December 13th] Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

Just to make sure, the GAF Republic guild is going to be on Keller's Void? I'm telling my friends to join that server, but I just want to make sure.

Salamndar

Ok so far things are really frustrating right now with this game.... I just received an email from EA Orders about canceling my SWTOR order !!!

BUT I HAVE NOT CANCELED THE GOD DAMN ORDER !!!

I logged in to SWTOR webpage and checked my account, it says that I redeemed my Pre-Order code.......

What the hell EA !

Also in the cancellation email they are saying to refund 74.99$.....what about the 5 $ TAX EA !!!!!!

SO now I am not sure, did they cancel or no!

Sent

Ok so far things are really frustrating right now with this game.... I just received an email from EA Orders about canceling my SWTOR order !!!

BUT I HAVE NOT CANCELED THE GOD DAMN ORDER !!!

I logged in to SWTOR webpage and checked my account, it says that I redeemed my Pre-Order code.......

What the hell EA !

Also in the cancellation email they are saying to refund 74.99$.....what about the 5 $ TAX EA !!!!!!

SO now I am not sure, did they cancel or no!

Uhh did you get hacked or something?

Sent

Yeah, when you click on the server name on the guild page, it lists all the other deployed guilds and the number of members.

For my guild/server itll list some, then it will load more and more and more and PvE guilds start showing up too (on a pvp server). It's very strange.

Looks like Bronies have official community servers now. Our friendship will blot out the sun.

mKdyn.jpg

PvE Server: Vornskr
PvP Server: Belgoth's Beacon

The predeployed guild on Vornskr is Star Ponies, and their site/info can be found here:
http://swtorponies.forumotion.com/

The predeployed guids on Belgoth's Beacon are Wonderbolts (Republic) and Shadowbolts (Empire)
http://fishspec.com/bolts/

My credit card was stolen a while back and I changed my card, unfortunatly I forgot to change my payment details to my new card so the shop I bought from has cancelled my order, I sent them an email yesterday when it happened but no reply today, im going to phone them tomorrow and see if they can put my order back on (sold out on the website)

I think im going to join the US server, I don't get much lag when playing on them normally and I like the fact there's more players.

When it comes to Star Wars I only know about the movies and some games, but I did some research on Revan and man he sounds dope, and looks bad ass.

Also anyone who wants to get caught up with the old republic story you should definitely check this video out (its long)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeboxMqdXdE

Kem0sabe

Hopefully Tomb of Freedon Nadd wont be run over with Russians, i remember back in my WoW days that they were the few people who refused to speak English in chat, unless it was to type "fuck you capitalist pig". :p

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I swear to fuck that if I'm not in early access tomorrow, I will fuck shit up. I bought my copy and input my code 4 minutes after it went up for sale.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I swear to fuck that if I'm not in early access tomorrow, I will fuck shit up. I bought my copy and input my code 4 minutes after it went up for sale.

Yup, same here. I will rage if I don't get in. I seriously don't think I could have possibly put in the code any faster.

isny

napkin dispenser

I wouldn't worry, it should be a generous number of people in tomorrow.

Just a little over 11 hours to go now too! =D

J-Rzez

How are everyone finding out the number of players and if their server is PVP or not? Looking at my server it doesn't say PVP anywhere, but that's what I selected for us. US East shows up like checked though. If you click on your server name it takes you to a list, but as you scroll down it starts showing other server selections and the sort (US West for example), so I don't think that's reliable as well.

Are they putting up a list soon or is it when you're at the log in that we'll finally know all servers that are up and what they are?

EDIT: NM, I'm dumb, just saw where they list PVP/PVE/RP, i think.

dorkimoe

I bought the game day 1 and didnt know i was supposed to redeem a code haha. I didnt redeem it until like 2 months later. Not worried about day 1. Long as I can find the gaf pvp guild :)

Hawk269

I have not heard of this server name before, but I got a text message from a friend that formed a guild via the site and he said we are on "Krayt Dragon Server". Not sure if it is a PVP or PVE server, but love the name!

hgplayer1

wonder if I should go to bed early tonight and start spamming login on the client first thing in the morning. lol

the meltdowns tomorrow should be awesome!

Guesong

So looking at the professions lists, it seems that you'd somehow need 4 professions to be a fully self-efficient Cybertech....

Argh.

Guess I'll go Scavenging/Slicing/Cyber and ditch Missions completely...didn't want to do it but it seems to be the best choice.

JWong

Banned
So looking at the professions lists, it seems that you'd somehow need 4 professions to be a fully self-efficient Cybertech....

Argh.

Guess I'll go Scavenging/Slicing/Cyber and ditch Missions completely...didn't want to do it but it seems to be the best choice.

From what I understand, Mission crew skills are just an easier way to get resources. I believe you can still get everything possible with scavenging.

Giolon

From what I understand, Mission crew skills are just an easier way to get resources. I believe you can still get everything possible with scavenging.

That is not true. Bioware overhauled the systems a build or two ago and there are now crafting materials (as well as schematics, depending on the skill) that only come from Mission skills. If you plan on being able to make anything beyond Green quality loot (i.e. Blue, Purple), you're going to need your crafting skill's associated Mission skill. Or have very deep pockets to buy the stuff on the AH.

For example, Archaeology used to yield rare crystals like Exquisite Rubat Crystal instead of normal Rubat Crystals that are used to make blue quality gems in Artifice. That no longer happens. You now need Treasure Hunting to get "Sunfire" or whatever gemstones instead. Archaeology will not yield the rare materials at all.

JWong

Banned
That is not true. Bioware overhauled the systems a build or two ago and there are now crafting materials (as well as schematics, depending on the skill) that only come from Mission skills. If you plan on being able to make anything beyond Green quality loot (i.e. Blue, Purple), you're going to need your crafting skill's associated Mission skill. Or have very deep pockets to buy the stuff on the AH.

For example, Archaeology used to yield rare crystals like Exquisite Rubat Crystal instead of normal Rubat Crystals that are used to make blue quality gems in Artifice. That no longer happens. You now need Treasure Hunting to get "Sunfire" or whatever gemstones instead. Archaeology will not yield the rare materials at all.

Ah okay. I was just getting the same rare stuff from Archeology as Treasure Hunting, but that was only low levels.

Rflagg

Argh.

Beaten by Giolon who also explained it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom