• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic [Early Access: December 13th] Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FINALBOSS

Banned
I'm really torn between playing with GAF on a PvE server...or Reddit on PvP. Some of the best moments in MMOs come from random world pvp encounters...and I really don't wanna miss out on that.

But I'm way more involved in the community here than GAF.

Sigh.

Doctor_20

Banned
I'm debating whether to buy this or not.

I have such incredible memories from World of Warcraft. I feel like this is the new WoW for me. Besides this thread/OP where should I go to watch videos/read reviews/get hyped? Like any good YouTube channels?

I'm really torn between playing with GAF on a PvE server...or Reddit on PvP. Some of the best moments in MMOs come from random world pvp encounters...and I really don't wanna miss out on that.

But I'm way more involved in the community here than GAF.

Sigh.

I'd wager that Keller's Void will be a very big server.

hgplayer1

I wonder if guild functions will be there as soon as we log in or will the guild leader have to have logged in and do some set up or invites.

zlatko

Banned
I really wanted to try this before it released. Got into beta weekends and stuff, but my gaming PC is a few states away. :(

I'll have to wait till January to get to try it.

Akyan

I wonder if guild functions will be there as soon as we log in or will the guild leader have to have logged in and do some set up or invites.

The way that I saw it described is if you pre-registered to a guild via the website any character you create will automatically be placed into the guild.

erragal

Wait so Gaf and the Goons are on the same server? I thought gaf was going PVE. Why would the Goons pick PVE?

That was my thought. Apparently they have multiple guilds for this game; I don't anticipate the PVE one being up to the antics people associate with Goonsquad.

From my experience you can't get away with nearly as much griefing on PVE servers; not only is PVP consensual only but any type of non-pvp related griefing gets dealt with far more harshly as well.

Takuan

Gvaz said:
they were saying goon squad is the main guild for swtor, but the main goon guilds are actually StarFleet Dental and Merc and they're on the Veela server
Posting for a (banned?) member.

Alright, I'm pre-ordered and ready to go on this ride. Having pre-ordered last night, I'm guessing that my chances at getting in tomorrow are pretty slim. But hopefully it won't be too long.

The only remaining decision is a server and a main. I'm completely torn between a vanguard tank and a sniper dps. And whether to roll with gaf, or just pick a server at random and see how it goes.

Zafir

I clicked on that link and got put into a waiting room - FOR THE WEBSITE!

I'm scared of how shit is going to go down on launch day or even during the early event.

Yeah, same keeps happening to me.

I'm kind of torn. My friends want to go on a PvE server but the EU NeoGAF guilds are both PvP. Argh.

My guild got placed on the server "The Swiftsure". As far as server names go, that's not bad. I'd actually love to have that as my Legacy name.

Agkel

Hey guys, do you know if there's a torrent for the retail client. I registered the first day but I barely started preloading yesterday and this is going at 50Kbs on a 15MB line :\

Filth

hmm i just logged into the website and its saying my early access code was applied in November when i clearly remember doing it as soon as i got the email in july. now im prob not getting in tomorrow. :/ sheesh

Sent

hmm i just logged into the website and its saying my early access code was applied in November when i clearly remember doing it as soon as i got the email in july. now im prob not getting in tomorrow. :/ sheesh

It says that for everyone don't worry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom